DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #4683
Tech Initiate

Thank,s it look like a yoke BD + Cyclone
H.Nilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #4684
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Zacharopoulos

I don't like it ..... it is something like a bad copy ...
Zacharopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #4685
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

Oh yeah forgot to mention some more of grainger's tips:
He talks a lot about shock rebound. Tighten the lid with the piston at the bottom and you have full rebound, further up you get less. Run less rebound in lower traction.
Also he says he rarely builds the shocks witht he foam above the diaphragm. In low grip don't run anything above it (for us UK dwellers he only did this at stafford, which for those that don't know is extremely low grip) and 1 o-ring above in higher grip (everywhere else on the BRCA calendar.)
HTH
Old 03-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #4686
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Graham
Oh yeah forgot to mention some more of grainger's tips:
He talks a lot about shock rebound. Tighten the lid with the piston at the bottom and you have full rebound, further up you get less. Run less rebound in lower traction.
Also he says he rarely builds the shocks witht he foam above the diaphragm. In low grip don't run anything above it (for us UK dwellers he only did this at stafford, which for those that don't know is extremely low grip) and 1 o-ring above in higher grip (everywhere else on the BRCA calendar.)
HTH
Ali Graham,
Thank you very much for your posts, very cool
Ralf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:44 PM   #4687
Tech Adept

How do people reduce the amount of lateral movment in the front outer camber link and stop it from coming loose over time.

Also, does anyone know of an online store that stocks yokomo decal sheets. I know speedtech does but they have been out of stock for ages.
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:12 AM   #4688
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy
How do people reduce the amount of lateral movment in the front outer camber link and stop it from coming loose over time.

Also, does anyone know of an online store that stocks yokomo decal sheets. I know speedtech does but they have been out of stock for ages.
I run the camber link connected to the lower holes on the hub, but even with a kingpin in place of the ballstud there is still lots of play and it works its way loose, threadlock is probably your best bet, and just check it between every few races.

That's coz I took them all a few weeks back for a few of us

Gave the granger edition it's first run last night, was very good, through some sort of magic it seemed to tweak less (but maybe that's coz it handled better and therefore I didn't hit anything )
My local carpet track is very small and tight, and with to get the extreme level of steering I required from the std car (with a 1-way, spools suck there) I had to put thicker oil in the rear, lower front roll centre, stand the shocks up etc, all made the car very twitchy. Last night I ran the car with a what appeared to be a safe, stable setup, but instead it turned-in as well as the old car, but without the twitchiness! The different toe-blocks and hubs gave more steering without comprimising stability and corner speed, and the SDW arms were just awesome! I'm looking forward to run the car again and start playing with setups, but my first impressions are good

My local track (Phoenix Raceway)
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...speed/macc.jpg

Also who else is running HPI springs? I have found them to have more accurate ratings than the rayspeed springs (as they often varied in poundage) and due to them being "progressive" they settle the car down a lot more, especially with 19T/mod motors, as squeezing on the power on exit unsettled my car a lot with rayspeed springs, I put the HPI equivelents on and all the twitchiness was gone but with the same level of steering. On the subect of HPI springs, the grainger edition adverts say rayspeed greens are the equivelelents of HPI blues. HPI blues are 15.3lb, that's more the equivelent of Rayspeed Blues or Yellows
Old 03-04-2006, 02:28 AM   #4689
Tech Adept

Ali Graham - Thanks for the help with the camber link issue; and thanks also for taking all the decal sheets.

I use xray springs on the BD. I found them to be a better fit then the yokomo springs and also more progressive, as you have found with the HPI springs. Also I am fimiliar with rates of the xray springs and have heaps of them lying around.
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:49 AM   #4690
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy
Ali Graham - Thanks for the help with the camber link issue; and thanks also for taking all the decal sheets.

I use xray springs on the BD. I found them to be a better fit then the yokomo springs and also more progressive, as you have found with the HPI springs. Also I am fimiliar with rates of the xray springs and have heaps of them lying around.
Yokomo has just come out with new springs, they are also more progressive. They are supposed to be one color with color spots on them like the HPIs. Masami ran these at the Japan Nationals.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #4691
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
Yokomo has just come out with new springs, they are also more progressive. They are supposed to be one color with color spots on them like the HPIs. Masami ran these at the Japan Nationals.
Interesting,
when are they supposed to be released ?
Old 03-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #4692
Tech Regular

Already out in Japan, iv not tried them on the car yet. Will do next weekend though.
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #4693
Tech Regular

Thanks Dan,
I have just spotted an image, will order them as well
Will you try them on carpet or asphalt ?
Old 03-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #4694
Tech Regular

Will be tried on asphalt.
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #4695
Tech Regular

are they gonna be same/similar ratings to the Rayspeed springs or identical to the HPI springs? I think people went over to HPI springs due to the HB cyclone's domination, and the springs were the only thing we could copy really! Actually looking at pics from last years euros on the Orion site many drivers with all makes of cars ran HPI springs, they are black colour so I am guessing they are blues, as pinks would be too hard with the super hard Sorex tyres they ran! The Yok team and Dave Spashett were amongst the ones using these (well apart from the HPI/HB team )