R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #4096
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Speedtech makes a good spool for mod/19turn racing. It's solid steel and has no give. So if you use that spool, you'll have to upgrade you whole front driveshafts to keep them from snapping. I broke my speedtech last week, so I'm using the Yokomo plastic spool this week. I've used it before and it gives less steering than the speedtech b/c it takes weight off the front of the car.
That's very interesting, a few of us have found that a lighter spool will give more steering than a heavy spool.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:33 AM   #4097
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 363
Default

Your right there pops the heavier spool enables more momentum to be carried by the car though.
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:09 AM   #4098
Tech Elite
 
ChadCapece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CofC
Posts: 3,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
That's very interesting, a few of us have found that a lighter spool will give more steering than a heavy spool.
What kind of track are you running on? On the track I do most of my racing at, it has alot of 180's so when I hit the brakes, it feels like the heavier spool wants to dive more and put more force on the front end. Maybe that's just revelvent to how I brake in the corners, and it works the opposite for everyone else


But hey, I have been wrong before (ex. the LW layshaft )
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:15 AM   #4099
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: auburn washington
Posts: 2,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
I like the Yokomo heavy duty bumper. And as far as the outer servo mount, you can cut it off and use the inner mount only and shoe-goo the servo in place. This way nothing will drag on the track.
64 pitch will allow you more adjustment and 48 pitch is more durable. If you use 64 pitch use a machined spur like RW gears, they are super durable.
nice job pops, never thought of that, btw, i noticed no servo saver, which servo are using. i have a jr 9000s, jr9000t, airtronic 94358 to chose from, which would you recommend for durability with no servo saver
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:19 AM   #4100
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: auburn washington
Posts: 2,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
What kind of track are you running on? On the track I do most of my racing at, it has alot of 180's so when I hit the brakes, it feels like the heavier spool wants to dive more and put more force on the front end. Maybe that's just revelvent to how I brake in the corners, and it works the opposite for everyone else


But hey, I have been wrong before (ex. the LW layshaft )
yep we all have different driving style, i prefer the plastic yokomo one over the alum one. haven't try steel yet. and brakes, our cars have brakes? how do you get them to work?. J/K different styles again,
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:06 PM   #4101
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
What kind of track are you running on? On the track I do most of my racing at, it has alot of 180's so when I hit the brakes, it feels like the heavier spool wants to dive more and put more force on the front end. Maybe that's just revelvent to how I brake in the corners, and it works the opposite for everyone else


But hey, I have been wrong before (ex. the LW layshaft )
SpeedWorld, the Tamiya Track last Reedy Race, and Ripon. Tamiya was pretty flowing but he others many times are very technical. Could be your set up works for you. With the heavier spool the car would push like a dump truck.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:12 PM   #4102
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
nice job pops, never thought of that, btw, i noticed no servo saver, which servo are using. i have a jr 9000s, jr9000t, airtronic 94358 to chose from, which would you recommend for durability with no servo saver
If you are hitting stuff, some of the guys have put on the black Tamiya servo saver. We are using a KO 2143FET on a mod car and a 2173FET digital on a 19T car. They are both bullet proof servos, plenty fast and strong.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:45 PM   #4103
Tech Elite
 
ChadCapece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CofC
Posts: 3,313
Default

Pops, I was just wondering: Who makes up the Yokomo team from the US?
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:46 PM   #4104
Tech Elite
 
ChadCapece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CofC
Posts: 3,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
SpeedWorld, the Tamiya Track last Reedy Race, and Ripon. Tamiya was pretty flowing but he others many times are very technical. Could be your set up works for you. With the heavier spool the car would push like a dump truck.
I'm running RS blues front and green rear springs so I get a decent amount of shock action.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 05:20 PM   #4105
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Pops, I was just wondering: Who makes up the Yokomo team from the US?
There aren't a whole lot of guys right now on the team. I think we might see at least one or two big names next year, who knows? Japan and Europe are still pretty strong.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 05:23 PM   #4106
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
I'm running RS blues front and green rear springs so I get a decent amount of shock action.
HPI Blue Springs (black with the blue spots) have been very popular in Japan and Europe. Masami ran HPI Silver Springs at the Reedy last year, and they are very firm.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 05:36 PM   #4107
Tech Elite
 
ChadCapece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CofC
Posts: 3,313
Default

LMK when Yokomo is looking for a team driver from the Upstate region of South Carolina

I think all the Yokomo's are on the West Coast. I know two other guys on the East Coast that drive BD's, and they might have changed cars since I last raced with them.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 05:37 PM   #4108
Tech Elite
 
ChadCapece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CofC
Posts: 3,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
There aren't a whole lot of guys right now on the team. I think we might see at least one or two big names next year, who knows? Japan and Europe are still pretty strong.
But hey, we still drive the same car as Masami
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:58 PM   #4109
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
But hey, we still drive the same car as Masami
Send in your resume, you never know you might get picked up.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:00 PM   #4110
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 903
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

hey what pinion and spur should i run with stock, i have a bd of course

Its ryper hobbies track and the straight isnt very long what would be a good starter point. thanx

jamie
jamie814340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yokomo MR4TC CGM wyl03 Australia For Sale/Trade 0 06-26-2007 04:39 PM
yokomo mr4tc pro racer57 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-07-2006 02:34 AM
Looking for Yokomo MR4TC BD1 yyhayyim R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 08-24-2006 07:07 PM
yokomo mr4tc i730 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-20-2005 02:51 PM
WTB: Yokomo MR4TC SD SSG! DOMOisCOOL R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 03-06-2004 08:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:26 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net