R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-20-2005, 12:35 PM   #3841
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

Would anyone be able to PM me one of the modifiable setup sheets for the computer? Thanks
Car was awesome today after drilling out the piston holes Very hard to drive consistent (one-way) but fastest laps were immense! Track record is 26/302 (jimmy maddison), was on for 27, but try driving round backamrkers on a tiny track with a one-way
Old 11-20-2005, 12:48 PM   #3842
Tech Apprentice

hey there all you BD drivers, i am having a problem with the diffs, i was running a 19t turn motor and switched to a checkpoint 12 turn for mod (thats the limit over here in NZ), and all i seem to do is melt the diff pully, i have no center left, they are not tight (i use the manual setting), i use diff lube, (in small amounts) i cannot figure out what i am doing wrong, i replace the diffs (just the pully)(should i replace the rings as well)(what about the diff balls)and the next race same thing happened, what am i doing wrong

please help big race this weekend, need to finish the race
judge10tpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:01 PM   #3843
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by judge10tpt
hey there all you BD drivers, i am having a problem with the diffs, i was running a 19t turn motor and switched to a checkpoint 12 turn for mod (thats the limit over here in NZ), and all i seem to do is melt the diff pully, i have no center left, they are not tight (i use the manual setting), i use diff lube, (in small amounts) i cannot figure out what i am doing wrong, i replace the diffs (just the pully)(should i replace the rings as well)(what about the diff balls)and the next race same thing happened, what am i doing wrong

please help big race this weekend, need to finish the race
If you melted the diffs, your diffs were too loose to begin with. Always clean the diff rings with motor spray, and use a ultra fine sand paper on the rings to slightly scuff them. Always replace the diff rings when you rebuild your diff. Forget using stock type diff balls, use carbide diff balls, they cost more but you can use them over and over many times. I like using the carbide thrust bearings also. Use the Associated black grease on the thrust balls and washers. Use Associated Stealth lube on your diff and follow the instrustions completely. I generally use a little too much lube, remember you can wipe off excess once the diff is assembled. Once tightend, secure the diff halfs and try and rotate the large pulley, you should not be able to turn the gear by hand. After you run your car, check the diffs for slipping. Many times the diff balls will seat and you will need to tighten the diff again. Remember if your diff is too tight you will snap the diff screw.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:04 PM   #3844
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Graham
Would anyone be able to PM me one of the modifiable setup sheets for the computer? Thanks
Car was awesome today after drilling out the piston holes Very hard to drive consistent (one-way) but fastest laps were immense! Track record is 26/302 (jimmy maddison), was on for 27, but try driving round backamrkers on a tiny track with a one-way
You need adobe reader to save the setup sheet. Im working on a spool setup in the coming weeks. Too hard when running mod to use a 1way with a hairpin at the end of the straight!
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #3845
Tech Elite

Buy new carbide or ceramic diff balls, rings, and the center diff bearing. It's possible that the bearing has seized, which will melt the center of the pulley. I like to use Associated silicone diff lube. I put a blob about the size of a diff ball in each of the holes in the pulley. Then put in the balls and screw the diff together. After a run, check for slippage. If there is some, then turn the screw 1/4 to 3/4 turns. The diff should be super smooth and free. Also, if you have to rebuild between runs, then you can put in a slave motor, and apply 3-4 volts. Hold one of the tires to make the diff work. Do this for a minute or two. This technique has the same effect as running the car, so you'll have to check the diff after you do this for slippage.

enjoy your smooth diff
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:24 PM   #3846
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
If you melted the diffs, your diffs were too loose to begin with. Always clean the diff rings with motor spray, and use a ultra fine sand paper on the rings to slightly scuff them. Always replace the diff rings when you rebuild your diff. Forget using stock type diff balls, use carbide diff balls, they cost more but you can use them over and over many times. I like using the carbide thrust bearings also. Use the Associated black grease on the thrust balls and washers. Use Associated Stealth lube on your diff and follow the instrustions completely. I generally use a little too much lube, remember you can wipe off excess once the diff is assembled. Once tightend, secure the diff halfs and try and rotate the large pulley, you should not be able to turn the gear by hand. After you run your car, check the diffs for slipping. Many times the diff balls will seat and you will need to tighten the diff again. Remember if your diff is too tight you will snap the diff screw.

cheers pops i was scratching my head on this one i am new 2 racing (first year) and i still have alot to learn, this forum is great without this wealth of drivers i still would not know what i am doing wrong, so thanks again and great racing to all yok drivers
judge10tpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:43 AM   #3847
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Sam_Smith

I got a copy of the modifiable PDF but it doesn't seem to work. I am using adobe professional 6 but I cn't see anything on the page other than the gear ratio calculator at the bottom. Anyone else got a problem or has anyone else used it with the same version and found it to work OK? If you have could you send me a copy via email to [email protected] please

TIA
Sam
Sam_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:02 PM   #3848
Tech Elite

Is there a copy of the BD assembly manual online? I don't have mine, and can't find one from Yokomousa
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:06 PM   #3849
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Is there a copy of the BD assembly manual online? I don't have mine, and can't find one from Yokomousa
Try www.tq-racing.com. They have the BD breakdown chart, not sure about instruction manual.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:07 PM   #3850
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

http://www.yokomousa.com/manuals/bd_manual_eng.pdf

Its in the Downloads section of the BD pages on YokomoUSA.com
Old 11-23-2005, 12:52 PM   #3851
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

*BUMP*

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 04:27 AM   #3852
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

just noticed that the newest BD's come with a "raised" steering rack to clear the belt.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #3853
Tech Regular

Are you sure. Or does it come with the new bellcrank post that is shorter and has a spacer?
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:51 AM   #3854
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman
just noticed that the newest BD's come with a "raised" steering rack to clear the belt.
I have the raised steering rack but the belt still touch the post ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #3855
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hughes
Are you sure. Or does it come with the new bellcrank post that is shorter and has a spacer?
You are correct

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote