Old 07-30-2005, 03:58 AM   #3091
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used stock shafts until I broke 3 of them
Barger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:01 AM   #3092
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you want to use a servo saver, just use the Kimbrough Black Med saver.. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXND49&P=7

As for breaking CVD's with a steel spool... that's why I don't like steel spools. I much prefer Yokomo's plastic spool. And I'm also looking for the TiR delrin spool. Does anyone know where to find them??? Anothing thing with the spools.. you have to set them up so your steering doesn't go full lock to lock. If it does, this can cause alot of binding/chattering. This can break your CVD's.

Hey Rob! Good to hear about Debbies. Let us know when the asphalt is laid down and they are ready to race. I don't care much for carpet. But I'm sure I'll be up there a couple times during carpet season. Yall should head down sometime!!

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:11 AM   #3093
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I talked to Keith about running down there for some racing. He said he was going to be making a few trips, so I asked him to let me tag along. I hope to make it down someday. August 20th everyones going to MD to run an indoor asphalt track. Should be a some good competition.

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:25 AM   #3094
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel
what's up with these last couple of posts about breakage? i'm starting to reconsider...
I've seen more broken Corally's and Xray's than broken Yokomo's.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:11 AM   #3095
Tech Regular

I posted this on the SD forum but I think the BD racers are interested as well.

Quote:
Hi,

I have news about the alumium outdrives and spools. I found a guy who is able to make them on a CNC for a good price.
The price for the outdrives will be around 35$, perhaps less.
And the spools will cost 30$.
The prices seem a bit high but I think the parts should last nearly forever. I designed both parts to fit with Xray blades.
If someone is interested drop me a PM.

Cheers
Chris
According to a german driver the BD spool fits the SD and counterwise. I will test this as fast as possible.

Cheers
Chris
speedy-932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:31 AM   #3096
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I got a question, a while back when the Touring car Reedy race was going on I seen a picture of masami's car on is car someone said he was uasing HPI silver springs on his Yoke BD does anyone know the part number to those springs and also the spring rate in lbs.

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:54 AM   #3097
Tech Regular

HPI silver springs part# 6543, 16.9lb/inch, stiffness is similar to Rayspeed blue but more linear.
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 04:33 AM   #3098
Tech Elite

I have broken a couple of CVD pins just recently from hitting things on a tight track, I have changed from the standard hardened steel front drive shafts to the Yokomo aluminium shafts so they will flex when I hit anything, so far so good.
It is something I found out by mistake while running a Pro4, I put steel front shafts in and watched the drive gears and shaft couplings self destruct as the shock is transmitted right through the drive train, alloy will flex and absorb some of the shock. The worst is you might bend or twist a shaft, but you can keep racing.

BTW, I Qualified 7th and finished 3rd yesterday at the Australian Winter Champs in stock with my BD (beaten by a corally and a FK04) This car made me look better than I was driving most of the day and was running the fastest individaul laps times in most rounds with a not perfect setup.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:25 AM   #3099
Tech Elite

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...36#post1728436

thought i'd share this with my yok buddie's pictures of new indoor asphalt going in seattle area.
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:49 AM   #3100
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Its Offical....Shookie has switched....Sorry guys I just could not get consistant with the BD...I tried everything...When I first got it was great better than Iwas with my SD but then I tried to get faster and more consistant I wasn't getting there. So I tried the Corally RDX and found out that it really helped me be consistant. Please don;t get mad I am always a fan of Yokomo...in fact I am not goign to sell my LCG anymore as during the slow race season..Because it never rains in SoCal...LOL I am going to try to get better with the LCG in stock.

If anyone would like to but my BD with about a $350.00 in spares alone. Please let me know...I will sell it cheaper to my Yokomo Brothers first. PM me or email me at [email protected]
Thanks for all the help guys and I will keep comign by here to see how everyone is doing. Also if you want to stop breaking CVD's with the spool than it is nessasary to grind a tiney bit off of the outdrives on the Speedtech spool when you use it in combination with the hardend universals...then everything should be right as rain... Also with the front one way use the TC4 bones with either the rayspeed axels or the other manufacture...and replace the outdrives with the TC4 outdrives....ultra strong CVDs for sure...
Sorry to see the BD go but I just found a car that is better suited to me...I did though stayed true to my Yokomo past and gave them first crack at it....
I think I will really like the LCG once I get it more dialed and re-learn thottle control with a shaft car again...
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:46 PM   #3101
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman
HPI silver springs part# 6543, 16.9lb/inch, stiffness is similar to Rayspeed blue but more linear.
I thought that more coils means it is more progressive???
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:50 PM   #3102
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hughes
I thought that more coils means it is more progressive???
Dan

When you have more coils each coil has to compress less so you get less coil "wind up", hence more linear. Hope that makes sense.

Stu
Old 07-31-2005, 03:21 PM   #3103
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Its Offical....Shookie has switched....Sorry guys I just could not get consistant with the BD...I tried everything...When I first got it was great better than Iwas with my SD but then I tried to get faster and more consistant I wasn't getting there. So I tried the Corally RDX and found out that it really helped me be consistant. Please don;t get mad I am always a fan of Yokomo...in fact I am not goign to sell my LCG anymore as during the slow race season..Because it never rains in SoCal...LOL I am going to try to get better with the LCG in stock.

If anyone would like to but my BD with about a $350.00 in spares alone. Please let me know...I will sell it cheaper to my Yokomo Brothers first. PM me or email me at [email protected]
Thanks for all the help guys and I will keep comign by here to see how everyone is doing. Also if you want to stop breaking CVD's with the spool than it is nessasary to grind a tiney bit off of the outdrives on the Speedtech spool when you use it in combination with the hardend universals...then everything should be right as rain... Also with the front one way use the TC4 bones with either the rayspeed axels or the other manufacture...and replace the outdrives with the TC4 outdrives....ultra strong CVDs for sure...
Sorry to see the BD go but I just found a car that is better suited to me...I did though stayed true to my Yokomo past and gave them first crack at it....
I think I will really like the LCG once I get it more dialed and re-learn thottle control with a shaft car again...
-Shookie <><

SHOOOKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 07-31-2005, 03:59 PM   #3104
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...36#post1728436

thought i'd share this with my yok buddie's pictures of new indoor asphalt going in seattle area.

Looks like a nice track
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:05 PM   #3105
Tech Apprentice

Shookie YGPM.
muahaha is offline   Reply With Quote