Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Got the BD.

Just got the BD this weekend. So obviously I'm looking for some build up tips.

I have heard about putting CA on the graphite parts such as the lower and upper decks. Do you apply CA only on the outer edges, or even apply some on the countersink holes for the screws?

Any other build up tips would be greatly apprciated. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Check the past couple of pages, I've just asked the same question.

In short, dont cut the tabs from the diff/belt tension adjusters.
Double and triple check the orientation of the center shaft, and the front and rear pulleys. They can be a little un-obvious.

CA the chassis edges only, the countersunk holes dont need it (IMHO).

As mentioned above, CA the edges of the CF bellcrank plate. Im still to do mine, it looked a little brittle I must admit - hopefully that makes all the difference.

Have fun, its a pleasure to build
Old 07-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Oh, leave out the spacers on the rear diff. Mine was waaaaay to tight with these in there, but perfect when they were removed.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default : )

**raises white flag upon entry to Yoke thread**

I drive a TC4. I have looked far and wide online to find the seemingly elusive "Yoke caps" Us associated guys love to put your shock caps and bladders on our cars. Problem is I can only find them online at rainbow 10. Anyone have another solution to getting this part with out shipping from Japan?

YS-8D times 2 (need a set of four, 2 come in one package)

I may forget where I posted this so if you have the time could you pm me? thanks a million fellow racers : )
Old 07-11-2005, 02:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys ...I have a problem,I run my BD in stock/Mod with a locked center gear and a spool.I run on a flowing tarmac track with fast 180 degree corners at each end.My problem is I keep breaking the outside front cvd/universal.the cvd breaks the pin and cup...the universal (hardened) breaks the pin in the middle of the universal.I have broken 3 stock ones and 1 hardened universal.I understand the locked center gear and spool put a huge load on the front drive train but have not seen any comments on this site.If anyone is using a spool and has overcome this problem PLEASE tell me how as I am getting pissed off with all the breakages!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2005, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
**raises white flag upon entry to Yoke thread**

I drive a TC4. I have looked far and wide online to find the seemingly elusive "Yoke caps" Us associated guys love to put your shock caps and bladders on our cars. Problem is I can only find them online at rainbow 10. Anyone have another solution to getting this part with out shipping from Japan?

YS-8D times 2 (need a set of four, 2 come in one package)

I may forget where I posted this so if you have the time could you pm me? thanks a million fellow racers : )

I drilled a hole in my associated caps and then threaded screws into them. I've never had a problem with them leaking like this on my B4.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default : )

Whad'ya know! I remembered where I posted this!!

kmorast - I am asuming you use the hole you drilled to bleed your shocks. Scale of 1-10 with one being easy as breathing, how would rate your ability to build your shocks equal in rebound to each ohter and with out air?

yoko people-Thanks for letting me borrow your thread for a bit.

Andrew
Old 07-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barger
Guys ...I have a problem,I run my BD in stock/Mod with a locked center gear and a spool.I run on a flowing tarmac track with fast 180 degree corners at each end.My problem is I keep breaking the outside front cvd/universal.the cvd breaks the pin and cup...the universal (hardened) breaks the pin in the middle of the universal.I have broken 3 stock ones and 1 hardened universal.I understand the locked center gear and spool put a huge load on the front drive train but have not seen any comments on this site.If anyone is using a spool and has overcome this problem PLEASE tell me how as I am getting pissed off with all the breakages!!!!!!!!!!
I'm setting up my BD the same way also. What others have done is Replace the front CVD with the RAYSPEED option then change the bones to AE TC4.

I have the RS already just need to go to my LHS for the AE Ones.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barger
Less problems using the Yok hardened Universals, but again you have to grind the balls down on the fronts to make them fit properly.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Default PARTS STOCK

Hello guy's what parts would you recommend to carry in my pitbox?????
Only just finished my BD, racing it for first time tomorrow....
Old 07-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Hello Chris i have been following your escapades with your BD ,are you happy with it over the previouse car?
Old 07-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stegger
if your running on asphalt, get everything you need to run a spool.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stegger
Arms, steering knuckles, ackerman plate, spare dogbones, bearings, just the usual stuff.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Randy its what i thought, i was thinking of unusual parts that wear prematurely
Old 07-11-2005, 01:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

There really arent any that go out prematurely on the car. The only fragile parts on the car are the steering knuckles and the ackerman plate, so you may want to get a couple of each. But the other parts I listed will just be good to have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.