Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Old 03-01-2005, 07:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
If this car handles as well as it looks X-ray and LOSI better hurry to get there's out....

...if so I think it will be the fastest car annocounced to production that has ever happened....Well at least thsi year....LOSI better learn from this....
Be careful what you say, theres some people that'll jump on you for suggesting that cars should make it out on time.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Yokomo got it out in the time frame they've mentioned. They've always been fast producing cars.

And I totally agree, those battery trays are about as sweet as it gets. If for no other reason than being able to have a graphite plate chassis, while still getting to avoid the sanding on the battery slots. NOT my favorite activity...
Old 03-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Darkseid
Be careful what you say, theres some people that'll jump on you for suggesting that cars should make it out on time.
I know I keep looking over my shoulder thinking the LOSI Ninja's are coming to shut me up....LOL

One thing though...The JRSX has to be the most tested car ever. I think they should make a limited addition like the BK fully tested version call it the JRSX BKT
LOL
I am Just Kidding thought...Or am I...
-Stephen <><
Old 03-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
I know I keep looking over my shoulder thinking the LOSI Ninja's are coming to shut me up....LOL

One thing though...The JRSX has to be the most tested car ever. I think they should make a limited addition like the BK fully tested version call it the JRSX BKT
LOL
I am Just Kidding thought...Or am I...
-Stephen <><
Your looking over your shoulder!?! If thats the case, then with the stuff I've been saying lately over on the JRX-S thread, I better think twice about opening this 'ticking' brown package that says "JRX-S especially for you Darkseid "

Old 03-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Yokomo got it out in the time frame they've mentioned. They've always been fast producing cars.

And I totally agree, those battery trays are about as sweet as it gets. If for no other reason than being able to have a graphite plate chassis, while still getting to avoid the sanding on the battery slots. NOT my favorite activity...
Usually when we see prototypes from Yokomo, the car is already 90% done, and they are just finalizing details. We've known that from the past Yokomo releases. Which is why the end of March release date is very promising

Steve Wang
Old 03-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shookie: I bet the losi ninja is on the way to
hunt you down.

i will order one too, and i'll try to run it against my cousin's
old vantage mr4tc.

~Ming

BTW: STEVE. it's almost noon here at east coast.
I want to deposit my money now.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by aoizip
Shookie: I bet the losi ninja is on the way to
hunt you down.

i will order one too, and i'll try to run it against my cousin's
old vantage mr4tc.

~Ming

BTW: STEVE. it's almost noon here at east coast.
I want to deposit my money now.
aoizip,

I know I know, but them ninjas sleep in late (since they mostly work at night) so I haven't been able to reach them to see if I can get their approval on the price we want to put up

Steve Wang
Old 03-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Well accroding to the Youkomo USA site the BD has a street price of $420. If all of their other prices on that site are also street price. That would put it at less than the CGM ($478) and the SSG ($520). So I'm curious to see if the selling price will be truly less than the CGM. Infact I wouldn't mind seeing a CGM BD become available. Just my $.02
Old 03-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Hmmm. about the battery trays. Wasnt the idea of filing the slots to lower COG?

These plates make the cells look very high in the car...

haha, 4 cars waiting for release!

FK05
HB Car
MR4TC BD
Losi JRXS

model shops are going to be busy soon!!!

Last edited by pheyhoe; 03-01-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by pheyhoe

No not accually. The little cups that the batteries rest in are just as low as before. They are just there to keep the chassis from shorting the cells. Plus you can get the ones for which ever battery manufacture you choose so you will have the perfect fit for your cells. I belive the COG will be fine with these Battery tray gromets.
$0.02 anyone.
Stephen <><
Old 03-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by pheyhoe

haha, 4 cars waiting for release!

FK05
HB Car
MR4TC BD
Losi JRXS

model shops are going to be busy soon!!!
shookie right, filing the battery slots are too ensure that it is seated properly and the batteries dont cut/short in the slots.

these battery holders save everyone a few hours in prep work.. and you could possibly cutout everyother bar if desired....
Old 03-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Rovic... sorry to say this on a public forum... But you know you wife will not let you buy another car also... speaking of Reedy. Do you have any I.D.?

E
Old 03-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Regional Moderator

I agree with Shookie...

The Schumacher Mi2 uses a movable plate above its main chassis. But to fight the high center of gravity, they maid the holes so that the cells could sit just as low as they would have anyway.

I think these plates were designed the same way. A little wider here and there and COG is just as it should be.

Or at least thats the way it appears...
Old 03-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by wcoyote
Well accroding to the Youkomo USA site the BD has a street price of $420. If all of their other prices on that site are also street price. That would put it at less than the CGM ($478) and the SSG ($520). So I'm curious to see if the selling price will be truly less than the CGM. Infact I wouldn't mind seeing a CGM BD become available. Just my $.02
$478 for the CGM and $520 for the SSG are MSRP prices, not suggested street price. Yokomo USA is slowly changing their pricing structure away from the ridiculously high MSRP prices that no body sells at to estimated street prices, so what they announce as far as pricing will be very close to what the dealers are able to sell them for.

Steve Wang
Old 03-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

In case anyone is wondering...the pre-order for the Yokomo MR-4TCBD car is up and running.

$419.99 is the require list price, if you guys are interested in the lower discounted pre-order price, please email us at: [email protected]

Thanks!

Steve Wang
Old 03-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

In case anyone is wondering...the pre-order for the Yokomo MR-4TCBD car is up and running.

$419.99 is the require list price, if you guys are interested in the lower discounted pre-order price, please email us at: [email protected]

Thanks!

Steve Wang
woo hoo! im in!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.