R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #2251
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

You wont be disapointed with the BD, it's a really well rounded car.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 11:22 PM   #2252
Tech Master

hmmm i wonder how much money i could get for a BMI pro4, 2 mazda 6 bodies (one having a custim air brush finish), and some spares? what you guys think?
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 11:29 PM   #2253
Tech Prophet

Just look at what similar ones sell for, but propably half of what you payed if it's used.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:32 PM   #2254
Tech Master

I probaly won't end selling my pro4 for a good price so i think i'll keep it...so i guess i'll have to make BD money the old fashioned way. I actually have enought to buy it, but i will lieterally have no money to by anything else...like a new boody, springs, sway bars, etc.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:34 PM   #2255
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Hi guys,well i've had the Pro 4 before...didnt really like the car too much...the gear box is pretty fragile..changed a couple of bevel gears...yes the BD is a great car...drives like a dream and a dream to work on..well i llike my BD alot...but why it ended up in the sale/trade thread is because i wanted something different at my local track...yeah i know im being a prick..so guys i need your friendly and helpful advice...should i keep my BD or trade it for a Yok SDW or get the LCG?I never really drive a shaft drive car long enough to really get the feel of it...had the Pro 4,bevel gear kept stripping even after shimming..so after a week it's bye bye Pro 4...Now i've got the urge to try out a shaft car like the SDW or the LCG..but damn the BD is a great car...help this confused soul.

I'm neither a Mod nor a Rocker. I'm a Mocker.

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon CR2 LWB | Darth Tray | Losi 8IGHT 2.0-E | Tamiya TRF801X-E
Funkymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 11:51 PM   #2256
Tech Master

I saw your car at the thread i was really tempted to trade with my pro4 or buy your actuall car...but i want to asseble the car myself so...you get why...how much is you bd?
Old 06-02-2005, 12:09 AM   #2257
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AXEL : it always better to build your own car... when i built my BD i literally took time out to admire the car while i was building it...

the fit, finish, quality and all the fine enginering they put into the car is simply astonishing...

funkymojo : i think either of the shaft cars are a good choice if ever you do decide to change.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:47 AM   #2258
Tech Prophet

The SDW is gonna be a hard car to find, but from what I understand, the LCG is supposed to be a step better.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:46 AM   #2259
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard
How can we bash a car that isn't even out yet? wait until it's released and see if people have any problems with it, then make your decision. Or get a car that's already out and has a good support group (rctech), has good parts support, is easy to work on, handles as good as anything else out there, and has impressed 99% of it's owners, THE BD!
I second that.

I've had almost every modelof Yoke since the first YR4s, and prepared, raced and worked on almost every other car.

The BD stands out, believe me. I have never had a car that is so easy to work on, and so easy to drive.

What more can you want. And you don't need to spend another dime on anything else - it's competitive straight out of the box.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:05 AM   #2260
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkymojo
Hi guys,well i've had the Pro 4 before...didnt really like the car too much...the gear box is pretty fragile..changed a couple of bevel gears...yes the BD is a great car...drives like a dream and a dream to work on..well i llike my BD alot...but why it ended up in the sale/trade thread is because i wanted something different at my local track...yeah i know im being a prick..so guys i need your friendly and helpful advice...should i keep my BD or trade it for a Yok SDW or get the LCG?I never really drive a shaft drive car long enough to really get the feel of it...had the Pro 4,bevel gear kept stripping even after shimming..so after a week it's bye bye Pro 4...Now i've got the urge to try out a shaft car like the SDW or the LCG..but damn the BD is a great car...help this confused soul.
you cant go wrong with the SDW (heck its masami's car) or an SD with the LCG conversion. if you are somewhat of a collector.. check out dyaz21's for sale post. he has a NIB SDW. or go the LCG route (you would need an SD/SSG or RS SD along with the LCG conversion kit)

as a former driver of the SD SSG AND the SDW... you simply cannot go wrong with either car. you may be thinking.. OKAY..why are you driving a BD now.. i drive a BD now because im a CHASSIS whore. i cant stick to one chassis. btw.. the SDW is simply amazing to race in stock. esp if you can free up the drivetrain and if you invest in ceramics... weeeeeee! its a fast car. (btw.. SDW's drivetrain spun the longest for me.. and ive owned practically all the shaft cars)

simply put..... you cant go wrong.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:43 AM   #2261
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
you cant go wrong with the SDW (heck its masami's car) or an SD with the LCG conversion. if you are somewhat of a collector.. check out dyaz21's for sale post. he has a NIB SDW. or go the LCG route (you would need an SD/SSG or RS SD along with the LCG conversion kit)

as a former driver of the SD SSG AND the SDW... you simply cannot go wrong with either car. you may be thinking.. OKAY..why are you driving a BD now.. i drive a BD now because im a CHASSIS whore. i cant stick to one chassis. btw.. the SDW is simply amazing to race in stock. esp if you can free up the drivetrain and if you invest in ceramics... weeeeeee! its a fast car. (btw.. SDW's drivetrain spun the longest for me.. and ive owned practically all the shaft cars)

simply put..... you cant go wrong.

Thanks for the advice guys...yeah i'm chassis whore too.The SDW looks really cool to me and yes it's Masami's car....but my only worry are the front arms,where can i get parts for the SDW since it's a limited edition car?

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon CR2 LWB | Darth Tray | Losi 8IGHT 2.0-E | Tamiya TRF801X-E
Old 06-02-2005, 05:53 AM   #2262
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
The SDW looks really cool to me and yes it's Masami's car....but my only worry are the front arms,where can i get parts for the SDW since it's a limited edition car?

All the SD arms are of the same dimensions... and the new HD arms of the BD are the same with the SDW.

Yokomo has the whole line of parts for the SDW. plus alot of the "consumables" are direct replacements with all the MR4TC line.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:02 AM   #2263
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman
All the SD arms are of the same dimensions... and the new HD arms of the BD are the same with the SDW.

Yokomo has the whole line of parts for the SDW. plus alot of the "consumables" are direct replacements with all the MR4TC line.

Cool thanks highwayman

Old 06-02-2005, 06:06 AM   #2264
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel
I saw your car at the thread i was really tempted to trade with my pro4 or buy your actuall car...but i want to asseble the car myself so...you get why...how much is you bd?

Well i know what you mean...assembling the car is always fun..provided the parts fit well hee hee...I do buy used cars and what i'll do is strip them apart,do some cleaning and assemble them back.

Old 06-02-2005, 07:29 AM   #2265
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys...yeah i'm chassis whore too.The SDW looks really cool to me and yes it's Masami's car....but my only worry are the front arms,where can i get parts for the SDW since it's a limited edition car?
www.speedtechrc.com can cover you when it comes to parts for the SDW...
Here is the only thing I woudl consider before buying the SDW...The new LCG conversion for the SD brings it up to the SDW spec and then some. In fact the LCG has a lower center of gravity than the SDW. The LCg also has the BD style easy to work on bulkheads and pretty much is a BD but for shaft. I have both now and love both.
But the LCG is easier for me to drive in stock, For 19T and Mod I think the BD really shines bright. But that is my two pennies.
AXEL....
In my previous post I was not bashing the Cyclone, I was just telling you it will be just as competative and easy to work on as the BD but its PURPLE....sorry but if it ain't blue it right.
Hara did just pull third at the Reedy race but the BD was right there in fifth.
I think it you are brand loyal than wait for the $630 cyclone. If you want to have car now and save $240.00 to buy a new Highend ESC and SERVO to go with your car than get the BD.
The BD is everything that everyone has said. THIS CAR HAS MADE BELIEVERS OUT OF OTHER BRAND LOYALIST.
YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED.
My friend has a PRO 4 and loyal HPI guy but after driving my BD he is about to get one. Plus the fact the price tag on the Cyclone is insane. It better come with HARA'S PERSONAL GEAR IN IT TOO for that price.
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote