R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-16-2005, 12:37 PM   #1861
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
Hi, Guys...I've been having a problem with mid corner push on my BD. The car is great...has agressive turn-in (which I like) but then dies mid-corner. What are some of the things I can do on this car to loose the push but keep the aggressiveness.

Anyone?
oliver.. YGPM.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:38 PM   #1862
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
The car is a bit underweight out of the box so you don't need all the lightweight stuff, unless you just want it for the bling bling

Thanks Matt, the stock car already has alot of bling so i'm not too worried.

Now ive gotta convert my SD to the LCG to match the BD's looks.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:40 PM   #1863
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian L
The BD should be a great car with the EA chassis. I have been running a custom 3mm chassis and it has been awesome on the rug. Running it back to back with a JRXS running Paul's set-up. My BD set-up is just something thrown together which I have just started to make adjustments. Just got a locked center, so it was pointless before to do awhole lot. My BD is usually about a tenth faster and feels way easier to drive. Seems to have more rip and also top end. The things I would like to see changed is the front tower lowered, the rear raised a little bit for shock travel, and maybe something for different inner camber positions. Just need to drill some holes and it should be good.
SDW shock towers SHOULD fit on the BD. swaybars use the same piece of CF to hold it in place (meaning the bulkheads are the same distance apart. i havent tried it out yet. i dont do a lot of carpet/foam racing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Brown
What springs are people running? I was wondering if I should get the Rayspeed long spring set or the Yokomo or both.
Blue/Blue for stock 27T rubber on asphalt.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:21 PM   #1864
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Are you running blue/blue outdoors Chris? My car was really loose even with white/blue at Hesperia, I had to dial in a lot of rear traction.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:50 PM   #1865
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Randy, I am in the process of racing again and I am an offroad racer by nature and so I need to know what stuff I need to get. I am getting the car and working on the rest of my equipment. I sold everything except my tools last year when I went on deployment and I deided to do onroad this go around. So I'm just looking for info on what springs and other things to get. I noticed that the Rayspeed springs are longer than the Yokomo ones, that's why I was asking about those. How was Hesperia though? will be moving back t Riverside and live right in between SoCal and 4fun hobbies.
Chris Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:57 PM   #1866
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
Hi, Guys...I've been having a problem with mid corner push on my BD. The car is great...has agressive turn-in (which I like) but then dies mid-corner. What are some of the things I can do on this car to loose the push but keep the aggressiveness.

fixed center drive... white rear springs... remove rear spacers underneath the hinge pin holders...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:42 PM   #1867
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Brown
Randy, I am in the process of racing again and I am an offroad racer by nature and so I need to know what stuff I need to get. I am getting the car and working on the rest of my equipment. I sold everything except my tools last year when I went on deployment and I deided to do onroad this go around. So I'm just looking for info on what springs and other things to get. I noticed that the Rayspeed springs are longer than the Yokomo ones, that's why I was asking about those. How was Hesperia though? will be moving back t Riverside and live right in between SoCal and 4fun hobbies.
The car kit comes with the necessity stuff you'll need as far as setup goes. I see a lot of people switching springs around, but I dont see any need to change from the white/blue combo for medium grip asphault. I have tried other spring rates and have just ended up with the white/blue. These give the car a really stable feel and are a really good combo for the asphault, you can fine tune from there with swaybars. The biggest adjustments on this car to give or take away steering are arm position, ackerman, and bump steer. If you like the car to have smooth steering, move the ackerman all the way back, if you like quick acting aggressive steering, move forward. The biggest change I have found on the car was the front arm position, all the way forward gives the car a lot of steering, I actually found it to be too much, so I prefer them centered on the hingepin. I like to keep the rear of my car pretty free at SoCal, so I keep the rear arms forward, however when I went to Hesperia, I was way too loose, so I moved them all the way back and instantly had traction. Bump steer is a smaller adjustment for steering, but it definately makes a difference, I like 1mm on the steering knuckle, I tried up to 2mm but it made the car hard to drive.

Robert Itoh at Yokomo USA is converting my SoCal setup to PDF to put on the site, it is a mod setup that I use 6-7 turn motors with, and it may be a little aggressive for stock. Changes I would make for stock would be move the ackerman to the middle position, take out the bump steer, and if those dont work, move the front arms back. Hit me up anytime you need help at SoCal, I'll be glad to assist.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:13 AM   #1868
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
Are you running blue/blue outdoors Chris? My car was really loose even with white/blue at Hesperia, I had to dial in a lot of rear traction.
randy... blue/blue is suicide for 19T.. i dont even want to imagine what it'll do in mod. i only do that for stock. probably gonna run yellow/blue for 19T.. or even the stock spring set up.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:40 AM   #1869
Tech Prophet

The yellow and blue springs are really close in tension, I dont think you'd notice a difference between yellow/blue and blue/blue.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:41 AM   #1870
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Randy, I probably will hit you up. The last time I even drove a tc was the street weapon( I know, I'm ashamed myself) so I am trying to get as much info as possible. I know there is a shortage of sorex tires also, what would be a good alternative? Sorry for all the questions, but I guess that's the point of these threads.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:33 AM   #1871
Tech Fanatic

ok, remebered another question. What Spurs and pinions should I get for this car? I am going to be running 64P and monster horsepower stocks and some 19t stuff. Thanks again guys.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:00 AM   #1872
Tech Prophet

I'm still using Sorex tires, I'll start buying them from overseas if I have to, I dont think anything else can compare. I'd go with a 108-112 spur gear, and get pinions to gear it between 5.7 and 7.3 or so for those motors. I rarely run 19 turn, but gear around 5.9 when I do, and I havent run a monster stock in a long time, but I think people gear them around 7.1.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:33 AM   #1873
Tech Fanatic

Thanks again for the help. And people say the world is going to s*#@
Old 05-17-2005, 08:10 AM   #1874
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

If you are desperate for tires the RP 36s are close but randy is right...RIGHT NOW NOTHING BEATS SOREX...I think you kind of have to find what works best. I like Take off CS27s for 4Fun in the morning (cooler temp) and then RP 30s for mid morning and then Sorex 36R's for the rest of the day Had traction all day Sunday. Not one drop of sauce either....I was worried I wasnt going to have traction...Funny though some were even talkign RP40's for the later races when the track got up to 140. I think it is imparative to a good sellection of tires when racing mulitple tracks......Oh yea for those racing the next leg of the JBRL make sure you have some lower numbers....the morning temp is not so good and cars like to slide a bit....PARAGON is a nessesary. I like the TO CS27s for that track or SOrex 28R's in the morning...Then up as the temps go up...Kind of have to try out a bunch of combos.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:11 AM   #1875
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quick ?
What gain is there to go to larger Spur?
I can get the sam eratios with small.
Wouldn't it make the CG go up and add to the rotating mass?
Just curious as to why.
Please let me know.
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote