R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-16-2005, 09:04 AM   #1846
Tech Apprentice

Default Springs

In our club we have four BD's participating in competitions. All have wide selections of Yokomo springs but with BD all have stayd with the stock blue and white. The springs and the stock setup seem to be working really well in 27T stock racing .
jarkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:15 AM   #1847
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Randy, how did your socal setup work at fun4 hobbies? Did you have to make alot of changes?
Old 05-16-2005, 09:50 AM   #1848
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Matt- I see you may be coming to the midwest (Neb). I race in KS and have attended races in Omaha. We have a killer race in Feb you will have to attend. Carpet.

Wanted to see which of the Yoks you think would be the best bet for carpet. I owned a SSD and a CGM but have some real interest in the the new crop of yoks. Stock and 19t are the two classes.

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:05 AM   #1849
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yup, I'm headed to Offutt AFB which is just south of Omaha, I'll be getting there around the end of august.
The BD is just a really nice car, easiest belt driven car to work on, and the kit setup works on most tracks. EA motorsports is coming out with a thicker/stiffer chassis kit which should make the BD into a very good carpet car as well.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #1850
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
Hey Randy, how did your socal setup work at fun4 hobbies? Did you have to make alot of changes?
The SoCal setup didn't work at all, it just had waaay too much steering, and waaay too little rear traction.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #1851
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
Yup, I'm headed to Offutt AFB which is just south of Omaha, I'll be getting there around the end of august.
The BD is just a really nice car, easiest belt driven car to work on, and the kit setup works on most tracks. EA motorsports is coming out with a thicker/stiffer chassis kit which should make the BD into a very good carpet car as well.
Thats interesting I just got back from India. Brought my BD with me. I was going to come over to Korea to race/hack you. too bad I didn't have time. Anyway nice to see you back in US. !!
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:00 AM   #1852
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The BD should be a great car with the EA chassis. I have been running a custom 3mm chassis and it has been awesome on the rug. Running it back to back with a JRXS running Paul's set-up. My BD set-up is just something thrown together which I have just started to make adjustments. Just got a locked center, so it was pointless before to do awhole lot. My BD is usually about a tenth faster and feels way easier to drive. Seems to have more rip and also top end. The things I would like to see changed is the front tower lowered, the rear raised a little bit for shock travel, and maybe something for different inner camber positions. Just need to drill some holes and it should be good.

TLR, Fantom, Horizon, Spektrum, Trackside
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:09 AM   #1853
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian L
The BD should be a great car with the EA chassis. I have been running a custom 3mm chassis and it has been awesome on the rug. Running it back to back with a JRXS running Paul's set-up. My BD set-up is just something thrown together which I have just started to make adjustments. Just got a locked center, so it was pointless before to do awhole lot. My BD is usually about a tenth faster and feels way easier to drive. Seems to have more rip and also top end. The things I would like to see changed is the front tower lowered, the rear raised a little bit for shock travel, and maybe something for different inner camber positions. Just need to drill some holes and it should be good.
I will probably bet Rayspeed is already all over your ideas on the shock towers....Same thing happened with the SD....Be Patient...LOL
Or bust out the drill press and get happy.....
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:27 AM   #1854
Tech Champion

EA said he planned on the chassis kit including a chassis, topdeck, and lowered front and rear shock towers. I don't know if he had any plans to put camber link mounts on the towers or not. It's good to here the BD works good on the rug, now I really can't wait to get back to the states and get a chance to run every weekend.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 05-16-2005, 11:29 AM   #1855
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by fpart
Thats interesting I just got back from India. Brought my BD with me. I was going to come over to Korea to race/hack you. too bad I didn't have time. Anyway nice to see you back in US. !!
Don't forget the nickname you gave me, and I earned it everytime I raced with you..............DRIVE THRU!!!
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 05-16-2005, 12:25 PM   #1856
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i'm almost done putting this car together and is only missing the shock assembly. I have to say Yokomo went all out on this kit. It's comming together really nice and and by the looks of the layout it should be an easy car to maintane wich is improtant since i'm pretty lazy or don't have as much time as i used to.

I just have to weight the car with all components before going crazy with TI parts.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:29 PM   #1857
Tech Champion

The car is a bit underweight out of the box so you don't need all the lightweight stuff, unless you just want it for the bling bling
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 05-16-2005, 12:30 PM   #1858
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi, Guys...I've been having a problem with mid corner push on my BD. The car is great...has agressive turn-in (which I like) but then dies mid-corner. What are some of the things I can do on this car to loose the push but keep the aggressiveness.

Anyone?
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:34 PM   #1859
Tech Champion

how far from the stock setup are you? If you haven't already, try a stiffer rear sway bar or a stiffer rear spring
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 05-16-2005, 12:36 PM   #1860
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Actually, I'm using the setup you posted a few weeks ago, except I'm using one spacer under the suspension blocks in the front instead of two.

Also...I did try stiffer springs but that loosened up the rear a little too much
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote