R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Default Serpent S100LT and servo

What servosize fits in this car?? Is it the Futaba S9650 size or do standard size low profile servo fit such as Orion VDS1009??
epstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
orcadigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,145
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstn View Post
What servosize fits in this car?? Is it the Futaba S9650 size or do standard size low profile servo fit such as Orion VDS1009??
Either. The kit comes with 3 different servo mounts with different offsets. You can use a full size or a 12th scale servo. I am using a 9650 currently as I like the speed, price, and size.
__________________
Desoto Racing * Serpent America * Boca Bearings

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

I use the Savox SH1250mg, perfect fit!
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
I use the Savox SH1250mg, perfect fit!
I have one Orion VDS1009 and one Savox 1251mg and want to use one of them if i can
epstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #5
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
Either. The kit comes with 3 different servo mounts with different offsets. You can use a full size or a 12th scale servo. I am using a 9650 currently as I like the speed, price, and size.
Thanks. I see you run 8,5t in your car, do you use 2S or 1S??
I'm think i will use 8,5t and 2S or is that to much?? I have 4,5t in my Serpent S120LT..
And what spur/pinion size do you or other recommend?? I have 88t 64p and 96t 64p and almost every pinion from 20 to 33, but it's better to know where to start.
I run outdoors on a 212m long track midium big track..
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent S100LT and servo-211060_192653120777195_2293687_n.jpg   Serpent S100LT and servo-brattn-raceway.jpg  
epstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
orcadigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,145
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstn View Post
Thanks. I see you run 8,5t in your car, do you use 2S or 1S??
I'm think i will use 8,5t and 2S or is that to much?? I have 4,5t in my Serpent S120LT..
And what spur/pinion size do you or other recommend?? I have 88t 64p and 96t 64p and almost every pinion from 20 to 33, but it's better to know where to start.
I run outdoors on a 212m long track midium big track..
I have not run the car lately and will have to get back to you on the gearing. It is on 1s, and it is crazy fast. We were starting up a WGT fun class here that is kind of on hold till after the Southern Nats and figured 8.5 open would be a good fast but controllable motor.
__________________
Desoto Racing * Serpent America * Boca Bearings

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:32 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net