R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-21-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default help identifying F1 please

Hi,

I have a Corally F1 car that I need to identify the model of? Can anyone tell me what model this is and where I could find parts?

I need a new spur gear for it and top rear T plate. Any info would be appreciated!!
Attached Thumbnails
help identifying F1 please-img-20120621-00335.jpg   help identifying F1 please-img-20120621-00337.jpg   help identifying F1 please-img-20120621-00338.jpg  
brent j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Bugger, I can't figure out how to rotate pics on my phone!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

It's a firts generation Corally F1, with an aftermarket chassis
Parts are still available in the Netherlands. Google for PKRacing*nl....
Johnson40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Agreed with Johnson40. First gen Corally F1, with an aftermarket or custom made saddle pack chassis. The original car took a stick pack mounted lengthwise. Also, Corally typically didn't use the 'woven'-look carbon parts.

Any spur gear that will fit a pro10 will work, I like the Kimbrough ones myself.

I think you're looking for Corally part nummer #75595. Most parts (but not all, unfortunately) are still available from Corally in the Netherlands.

The car on the left is the same car with the original chassis.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

It's the original Corally F1 with an aftermarket saddle pack chassis, as said above.

Spur gear is a standard item, any standard 48dp or 64dp spur gear will fit. The car was made in the mid 90s so you will struggle to find the parts specific to the f1 kit such as the rear pod pivot plates, but other parts that were shared with other Corally cars will be pretty easy to get hold of. For the flat plate parts they should all still be available to order from Fibre-Lyte http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/cars/corally/corf1.html
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
Tech Regular

All,
Thankyou for the help and information! Mid nineties, wow... I was racing a losi xx back then!

Ijdod,

thanks for the pic. With respect to the centre pivot and damper plate, my chassis has a lot of what looks to be very thick shock or diff fluid in the rubber boot. Was this part of the damping of the pivot? I don't have a manual for the car so cannot tell? I am emailing around now to find a replacement damper plate. Mine is finished.

Terry.sc

Thanks for the link! I may need front end replacement parts.

Will any tyre / wheels fit this car? I'm assuming bodies are more or less universal for F1??

Cheers
Brent
Old 06-22-2012, 03:41 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Yes, for damping you use silicone grease, similair to what you would use in the differentials of an 1/8th ofroad buggy. We prefer very thick grease 100.000WT or heavier....
Any Pro-10 wheel/tire will fit. (Jaco, Mobgums, BSR, Calandra)
My Corally is over 15 years old and I'm still racing it.... I only replaced the odd ball bearing and rubber o-rings in the suspension.
Very reliable and robust cars!
Johnson40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
Tech Adept

If you want more pics, I'm sure I can make some :P

I think Corally updated their F1 chassis around 2003 or so to the Pro10 front suspension and saddle packs, and more recently to longitudinal lipo packs and a sidelink system. Corally.com has a list of 'old' parts, but that list doesn't show if parts are still available. The damper plate is available, as I bought one this year. I was able to get the parts to give my car a good overhaul this year (rubber rings in the front suspension, pivot balls), through a regular Corally dealer. Luckily, the car is quite sturdy, and not likely to break much. The only parts I recall ever breaking during regular racing mishaps (open wheels supposedly teach you to respect other cars? :P) was a steering block every once in a while.

There's only two downsides to the car that I can think of: the grease inside the pod gets thrown to the sides when you hit a steep curb, affecting handling until the grease has had the chance to settle a bit again. A couple of guys here thought up a pivot modification that removes the pod from the equation for normal damping (not unlike the sidelink system) to counter that. The other is practical: some regulations may not allow it due to being too wide (205mm). That said, with the fairly mild motors commonly in use (silvercan, Tamiya Formula Tuned 32T, 21.5T blinky) it's not going to be faster than a good 200mm car.

The older F1 bodies should fit just fine. The body from the F109 will fit, and Corally still has their F1 body available too.

Last edited by ijdod; 06-22-2012 at 01:30 PM.
ijdod is offline   Reply With Quote