R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mendota,IL
Posts: 422
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Does anyone talk about drifting on here?????

All I see is people talking about this motor or that....... does anyone drift in here? it's the best form of on-road racing there is! Are there any hardcore drifters out there?.?http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...eFMrMM4M&gl=US check us out on YouTube
Badcompny44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
samnelso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fitchburg, MA
Posts: 1,751
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I didn't know drifting was racing. I always thought the point of racing was to get from A to B the quickest.
__________________
Team Associated | Reedy | Airtronics

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mendota,IL
Posts: 422
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Drift racing

Racing is about winning
Drifting is about winning
Same thing

Last edited by Badcompny44; 06-13-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Badcompny44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
Three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Madphis, Tn.
Posts: 1,456
Default

Use the search engine grasshopper.
__________________
Electric good..........
Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #5
Tech Master
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcompny44 View Post
it's the best form of on-road racing there is!
The fact I can count threads about drifting on one had kind of says differently, no?

The level of car control is pretty cool. Not my thing but enjoyable to watch for a bit.
__________________
At The Gate Bizzos
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #6
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcompny44 View Post
Racing is about winning
Drifting is about winning
Same thing
Not quite.

Racing is defined as a competition or contest of speed... And, while drifting does involve going fast at times, you cannot call it a true contest of speed.

It is like comparing speed skating and figure skating. Speed skating clearly involves competitors racing each other. Figure skating involves competitors being subjectively judged on how pretty their performance was. Just like drifting.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=drifting+site%3Arctech.net
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mendota,IL
Posts: 422
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Don't care

The whole point was to talk about drifting not agure about how it's not technically not racing. U guys must be really bored. Anyway for those who care about drifting I've found a brushless system by Novak called Slydr that's awesome for drifting anyone ever used it before? Also post your best drifter pics I love looking at sick rides hers a few of my last body at our competition. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...0059052&type=1
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...0059052&type=3
Badcompny44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice
 
Gayrobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alamogordo New Mexico
Posts: 81
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

What's goin on guys? I love drifting! I'm a 1/5 scale guy mostly now but drifting in its own right is something new to learn! I've tried it and to make it around a race track with out crashing when your racing is fun, but then throw in trying to do all that will your sideways! LOL! Just nuts! It's just a new aspect to racing! It's all the rage in Japan and the usually get everything first anyways so it will just take time for people to follow here! There's a lot of videos on YouTube I've seen of people doing it here, but check out anyone of the "JUNKIES" videos from Japan and you will see some AWSOME STUFF! These guys have built some of the coolest cars I've ever seen! I will always keep a 1/10 onroad around just because of these guys! My favorite is JUNKIES #46! Check them out and you just might change your mind about drifting! Enjoy guys! I do!
Gayrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #10
Tech Master
 
Kaifd3s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 1,032
Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...hread-129.html
Kaifd3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #11
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Default

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH....
im not at all trying to be rude here, in fact im rather new and i'd like to hear all the advice you have to give about the hobby as a whole, but how are you guys not making the distinction between drifting and drift RACING....?!?!?

samnelso, JamesL_71, u really gotta understand the difference between racing, drifting, and drift racing...when yur drift racing YES the object is to go the fastest!! but additionally you must go the fastest while overcoming little to no traction on a specifically windy course(your not going to see any drift races on an oval track...). When you put plastic wheels on your car and your driving on a friction-less track, turning a corner becomes more than turning a corner...and looking pretty has nothing to do with it....

im sure you guys could beat me hands down in an onroad tourcar race and sum foam wheels on a diet rootbeer soaked(norcal hobbies reference) track, but go ahead and throw sum plastic compound drifters on while riding a slick concrete garage course and see how long it takes you to cross the finish line. It's not as easy as it looks.

thanx for readin, and again, i didn't mean to offend anyone, even if i called you out. I juss feel like if everyone is gonna give their opinions on the matter they should at least be informed on the matter.
Mackiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #12
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackiv View Post
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH....
im not at all trying to be rude here, in fact im rather new and i'd like to hear all the advice you have to give about the hobby as a whole, but how are you guys not making the distinction between drifting and drift RACING....?!?!?

samnelso, JamesL_71, u really gotta understand the difference between racing, drifting, and drift racing...when yur drift racing YES the object is to go the fastest!! but additionally you must go the fastest while overcoming little to no traction on a specifically windy course(your not going to see any drift races on an oval track...). When you put plastic wheels on your car and your driving on a friction-less track, turning a corner becomes more than turning a corner...and looking pretty has nothing to do with it....

im sure you guys could beat me hands down in an onroad tourcar race and sum foam wheels on a diet rootbeer soaked(norcal hobbies reference) track, but go ahead and throw sum plastic compound drifters on while riding a slick concrete garage course and see how long it takes you to cross the finish line. It's not as easy as it looks.

thanx for readin, and again, i didn't mean to offend anyone, even if i called you out. I juss feel like if everyone is gonna give their opinions on the matter they should at least be informed on the matter.
Give samnelso 10 minutes and he be beating you in drifting too. Lol. Pretty actually has everything to do with it, pretty = smooth = fast.
__________________
www.corrc.org (Colorado On-Road)
bdbachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #13
Tech Regular
 
Coelacanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcompny44 View Post
All I see is people talking about this motor or that.......
And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcompny44
Anyway for those who care about drifting I've found a brushless system by Novak called Slydr that's awesome for drifting
Anybody else catch the irony?

There's a drifting thread on this here forum, *that* might be the best place to get drifting conversation happening.
__________________
"Paranoia roams where the shadows reign." ~Marillion
Coelacanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic
 
vabroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: dark side of the moon
Posts: 936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Not quite.

Racing is defined as a competition or contest of speed... And, while drifting does involve going fast at times, you cannot call it a true contest of speed.

It is like comparing speed skating and figure skating. Speed skating clearly involves competitors racing each other. Figure skating involves competitors being subjectively judged on how pretty their performance was. Just like drifting.
Hmmm, the one way to look at is: Racing is a contest and drifting is a contest. Both are won either by speed or points.
__________________
RC racing is still trying to prove that two solid objects can be in the same place, at the same time.
vabroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #15
Tech Elite
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,632
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
Hmmm, the one way to look at is: Racing is a contest and drifting is a contest. Both are won either by speed or points.
...and this thread is little more than a p!$$ing contest. Someone provided a link in a previous post to the drift thread...so all the OP needs to do is follow that and post all he wants....
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tune With Camber Links Sarinexia Electric Off-Road 2161 11-18-2017 07:45 PM
Brushless Combo for Drifting stylomilo Singapore R/C Racers 189 03-12-2009 06:55 AM
Anyone what talk about Formula D Drifting? Cole R. Chat Lounge 35 06-28-2007 04:56 PM
Post your touring car thecrow2k Electric On-Road 262 11-27-2005 03:46 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:56 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net