Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Most popular 21.5T motor and esc combo ? >

Most popular 21.5T motor and esc combo ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most popular 21.5T motor and esc combo ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Most popular 21.5T motor and esc combo ?

Hi guys, im in the process of setting up my cuzin to start racing 21.5T nd i would like to know what would be the best motor speedy combo for that class.
Opinions would be appreciated.....

Cheers guys
Old 06-12-2012, 02:40 AM
Tech Champion

I have heard the Corally 21.5 motors are fast, as for ESC, I like the Tekin RS/Pro, but others are happy with a Hobbyking ESC for its value and still a good perfomer.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ask that question to 10 different people and you'll get 10 different answers.
This is what I have noticed to be popular around the people I race with in 21.5 blinky.

Motors. (in no set order)
Reedy Sonic
Orion
Trinity Revtech
Thunder Power
Team Powers
Speed Passion
LRP

Esc. (in no set order)
Tekin RS, RS Pro
Hobbywing Xtreme Stock
Hobbywing V2 60A SD
Hobbywing 1/2 Cell
Speed Passion
Viper
LRP

There's probably a few more that I have missed.
Also depends on your budget, Last year I bought a Tekin combo of RS esc, hotwire & 21.5 motor for about $300AU. A short time ago before the AU$ took a nose dive I picked up a Hobbywing Combo of 60A Xtreme Stock esc (not the Justock), LCD programming box & 21.5 motor for about $160AU.

I'm now having more success with my Hobbywing combo then I did with my Tekin, sure the Hobbywing motor has no timing on it but with it's torque I'm running a roll out of between 71-72 mm and the Hobbywing esc feels more "smooth" then my Tekin does.

With all the choices out there you have a lot of combinations that may or may not work for you, I got lucky with mine and am happy with the combination of performance and value for money.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

i like my combo reedy sonic & the mamba max pro the only down fall is that its so big..but the power is unmatch
Old 06-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Adept

Opinion #3 My personal choice in my Xray T3'10 is an LRP X-12 21.5 and the LRP SPX Zero. I run it in the USGT class at my local club. In that same club there are as many different combinations of motor's and esc's as there are personalities. Each person (as previously stated) has there own opinion as to what works best for them. Not all motors are created equally; each brand has it's own unique "feel". That is that each motor has a different torque band where it generates the most power per given timing degree and final drive ratio. And all what I just typed has largely to do with your intended use for the motor. So in the end You have to decide what works best for you. I am lucky enough to be in club where other racers offered to let me borrow their motor to see if that was the right choice for me.