R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   13.5 at the IIC is unboosted *sadface* (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/636598-13-5-iic-unboosted-%2Asadface%2A.html)

DesertRat 06-11-2012 10:21 AM

13.5 at the IIC is unboosted *sadface*

I just found out on the IIC website that the 13.5 class for both 1/12 and Touring Car is unboosted. I can see why 17.5 is unboosted, but I think 13.5 should be boosted because at the last IIC, the difference for 1/12 between 17.5, boosted 13.5, and Mod was four laps per step, making 13.5 boosted a perfect in-between class that I wanted to run. Bummer. What do you guys think? Should we try to petition the IIC coordinators to make the 13.5 classes boosted again or just let it go?

Jochim_18 06-11-2012 10:25 AM

All big races is going away from ramping class... We just have t deal with it. I myself lile non-ramping for spec classes but I do prefer running MOD if you wanna go fast.

NolanP 06-11-2012 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by DesertRat (Post 10846499)
I just found out on the IIC website that the 13.5 class for both 1/12 and Touring Car is unboosted. I can see why 17.5 is unboosted, but I think 13.5 should be boosted because at the last IIC, the difference for 1/12 between 17.5, boosted 13.5, and Mod was four laps per step, making 13.5 boosted a perfect in-between class that I wanted to run. Bummer. What do you guys think? Should we try to petition the IIC coordinators to make the 13.5 classes boosted again or just let it go?

If you read the IIC thread Scotty said hes working on getting another TC class. Find out what it is first before you petition anything along the way.

DesertRat 06-11-2012 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by NolanP (Post 10846510)
If you read the IIC thread Scotty said hes working on getting another TC class. Find out what it is first before you petition anything along the way.

I guess I missed that thread, I'll do a search and see.

DesertRat 06-11-2012 10:40 AM

Well, it looks like my boosted combo is useless, such is the way of things. I guess I'll field one 13.5 car and one 17.5 car in 1/12. Oh well, I'll see ya at the IIC in October.

redbones 06-11-2012 10:47 AM

ROAR is 100% anti-boost, so any races backed by them will not have it anymore. Just have to play along with their corporate agenda.

syndr0me 06-11-2012 11:18 AM

Let me throw a happyface in the mix. Boost is dead. Good riddance. Scotty got it right.

NolanP 06-11-2012 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by DesertRat (Post 10846544)
Well, it looks like my boosted combo is useless, such is the way of things. I guess I'll field one 13.5 car and one 17.5 car in 1/12. Oh well, I'll see ya at the IIC in October.

Run mod and boost the crap outta it.

redbones 06-11-2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by redbones (Post 10846563)
ROAR is 100% anti-boost, so any races backed by them will not have it anymore. Just have to play along with their corporate agenda.

Just want to add to the mix that this no boost thing has very little to do with people whining about it being too hard to understand. It is simply a ploy to prevent certain companies from cornering the esc market. Another good technology gone to waste.

CraigMBA 06-11-2012 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by NolanP (Post 10846691)
Run mod and boost the crap outta it.

This.

robk 06-11-2012 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by redbones (Post 10846737)
Just want to add to the mix that this no boost thing has very little to do with people whining about it being too hard to understand. It is simply a ploy to prevent certain companies from cornering the esc market. Another good technology gone to waste.

If you see black helicopters, run!

syndr0me 06-11-2012 11:46 AM

The boosted ESC's all work in blinky, and the technology is alive and well in mod where it belongs. I guarantee boost will be used by the next world champion in some form.

The only loser is the racers that spent piles of cash to make their 17.5's go as fast as the 13.5's they were already running. And CRC/AE.

Oddly, the Black Diamond is the best blinky ESC I've ever used. :)

L.Fairtrace 06-11-2012 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by syndr0me (Post 10846795)
The boosted ESC's all work in blinky, and the technology is alive and well in mod where it belongs. I guarantee boost will be used by the next world champion in some form.

The only loser is the racers that spent piles of cash to make their 17.5's go as fast as the 13.5's they were already running. And CRC/AE.

Oddly, the Black Diamond is the best blinky ESC I've ever used. :)

Here is the problem. If you get rid of boost you have to have STRICT motor Tech.

That means your car cannot hit the track until the motor has been completely checked and sealed.

A driver got away with running a 13.5 all week last year in 17.5 and qualified 2nd. That is not acceptable.

Drivers should not be made to "challenge" another drivers motor to get it teched like at the Reedy. It can cause tension in the pits and on the stand. Everyone should be held to the same standard. If your car hits the track the motor is legal. No questions asked.

Take them apart, Check everything and seal them like at a roar race or the snowbirds.

There are already too many Companies hand winding stuff now which in my opnion is against the spirit of the Spec rules. Now they can handwind them and still cheat and as long as they dont get caught they are ok.

Thats BS.

MOTOR TECH IS NECESSARY TO CREATE A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

I'm not even going to talk about the even bigger discrepency of going from the Middle class to mod this is going to create.

robk 06-11-2012 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace (Post 10846821)
Here is the problem. If you get rid of boost you have to have STRICT motor Tech.

That means your car cannot hit the track until the motor has been completely checked and sealed.

A driver got away with running a 13.5 all week last year in 17.5 and qualified 2nd. That is not acceptable.

Drivers should not be made to "challenge" another drivers motor to get it teched like at the Reedy. It can cause tension in the pits and on the stand. Everyone should be held to the same standard. If your car hits the track the motor is legal. No questions asked.

Take them apart, Check everything and seal them like at a roar race or the snowbirds.

There are already too many Companies hand winding stuff now which in my opnion is against the spirit of the Spec rules. Now they can handwind them and still cheat and as long as they dont get caught they are ok.

Thats BS.

MOTOR TECH IS NECESSARY TO CREATE A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

I'm not even going to talk about the even bigger discrepency of going from the Middle class to mod this is going to create.

How would boost make the guy with the 13.5 in a 17.5 class any different? Motor tech has always been necessary.

skypilot 06-11-2012 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by redbones (Post 10846563)

Originally Posted by redbones (Post 10846737)

i'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure... the IIC isn't a Roar race..

second, if you could, would you please send me or post where I can find this ploy PLEASE..