R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
When did Novak kill off the Kinetic? Seems to be about the time that there first started to be a big push towards blinky. Hobbywing came out of nowhere with a decent boosted ESC, now also re-packaged under different brand names. Same with several other boutique brands Viper, Orca, etc.

I fully support the Tekin model of constant product improvement via a free, simple firmware update that doesn't require buying a new ESC. Still have my RS since they first came out. Still works great.

I'll also admit that 1/12 scale 17.5 blinky is pretty boring. Just pull full wood for 90% of the lap and steer, with a mild lift in one or two corners.
Have I told you lately, how much I love you?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #122
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I like 13.5 boosted 12th scale a lot.

Just thought I would throw that out there.
I love you too man.....
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 06-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #123
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well that settles it, for the IIC I will have to do mod touring car, maybe all three classes of 1/12 to, and if she's there hopefully I can out-qualify an 11 year old.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. Losi 22 4.0, CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #124
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Well that settles it, for the IIC I will have to do mod touring car, maybe all three classes of 1/12 to, and if she's there hopefully I can out-qualify an 11 year old.
Awesome....
Old 06-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #125
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, I have a few months to get it ready. I may not get a chance to test it though, my local HS isn't conducive to meaningful testing being done on touring cars.
Shopping list: New bearings, diff balls, diff rings, outdrives, gears, belts, body, drive pins, tires.....
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. Losi 22 4.0, CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote