Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Old 03-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Great job Andrew and thanks for sharing the setup!
I'm very glad that the cyclone TC was one of the fastest cars on the track in stock class too.
Thanks Hiro. I was hoping to TQ the stock class too, to put Cyclone at the top of the chart in both stock and mod classes. Unfortunately, the luck is not on my side this time. I have to try harder next time.

I heard you are one of HB's guru in setup. I have to get some tips from you in the future
Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hiro/Korey have you seen or driven the new prototype ? Can you give us your thoughts/impressions about the changes that were made and how they help the car ?

Any hint of a release date ?
Thanks.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Chassis

DOES ANYONE have a NEW TC chassis plate that they want get rid of. Must be the rubber spec. the thinner one lol

Thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andrew188
Hi everyone, I just want to share my Cyclone setup for the recent TITC race. A few guys asked me, so I thought I post it here, to share with all fellow Cyclone racers.

I qualified 2nd and finished 3rd at TITC 11.5T class. This setup works especially well when the track is very hot as I TQed the controlled practice round when the track was at 65 degree C. I also TQed one of the qualifying when the track was cooler, around 50 degree C. During the 3rd round qualifying at night where the track temp was around 36 degree C, I was already leading but I crashed due to my own mistake. The car worked very well, that run could have given me the overall TQ if I didn't crash. Therefore I think this setup should work pretty consistently at most track temps and conditions.

My setup is exactly as the instructions manual, except for the followings:

-- Silver Springs at front and rear. I did run softer springs in the early rounds, but as the grip increased, I had to switch to slightly harder springs.
-- 55 weight Associated oil front and rear.
-- Shocks mounted on #3 holes at front and rear shock towers.
-- 3 mm ackerman washers.
-- 1.5 mm shims under all suspension blocks
-- WCE top deck, uncut
-- Gold sway bar at the rear end.
-- Titanium Racing Delrin spool at the front.
-- HB DCJ at the front.
-- Protoform R9-R body regular weight body, with wing pushed forward 3 mm from the max rearward position allowed by IFMAR.
-- I used a traction compound custom made by a Thai friend. We joked and called the traction ParaPraey because his name is Praey
-- Car weight was at 1450 grams. I pushed the battery pack outward to a point where the CG of both sides are approx the same. Basically, I added some weight to the battery packs so that the total weight at both sides of the car were exactly the same, then push the battery pack outward to make the CGs of both sides the same distance from the centerline. I believe this could make the car more balanced statically, and also dynamically.
-- SMC 5400 50C lipo
-- LRP SXX Stock Spec ESC
-- Controlled motors = SP V3 11.5T with some timing advanced fixed on the end bell.
-- Controlled tires = Ride RJ 36

This setup should work well with tires with lower grip on asphalt tracks, such as the Ride tires. With better tires such as Sorex or Much More that can produce more steering and response, I would probably use slightly heavier springs and shock oil all around, 0.5 mm shim under the inner rear link, and LTCR body.

I have to thank Hara for his tips, which made my car drove more consistent and therefore faster overall. He is a true master with real wisdoms.

I hope this setup helps you go faster
That is so close to my asphalt set-up it's not funny. I have 4mm ackerman, and silver rear sway, otherwise the same.

That sucks.

It means it's my driving not the car

ha ha
Old 03-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

how many people are using the BL motor mount?
Old 03-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Front 2 Degree pivot block

Does putting a 2 degree pivot block on the front of my Cyclone TC give you more steering? On Barry Baker's set-up sheet from the KO Propo race, he has the 2 degree pivot block on the front. I have always used 0 degree blocks or no shims on all of my others cars. What does sweeping your arms back like that do for you? If somebody could help me out with this, that would be great.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aztbone
Does putting a 2 degree pivot block on the front of my Cyclone TC give you more steering? On Barry Baker's set-up sheet from the KO Propo race, he has the 2 degree pivot block on the front. I have always used 0 degree blocks or no shims on all of my others cars. What does sweeping your arms back like that do for you? If somebody could help me out with this, that would be great.
For arm sweep see:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6006783-post16707.html

Cheers
Old 03-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JR007
That is so close to my asphalt set-up it's not funny. I have 4mm ackerman, and silver rear sway, otherwise the same.

That sucks.

It means it's my driving not the car

ha ha

You can try 3 mm ackerman since that make the car slightly less agressive and easier to drive. Together with gold sway bar, your car could rotate and carry more speed thru the corners. I think your overall lap time could improve slightly.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jag88
Hiro/Korey have you seen or driven the new prototype ? Can you give us your thoughts/impressions about the changes that were made and how they help the car ?

Thanks.
Hara's new car was a class above all other cars during TITC. That is what I honestly believe. I will get it for sure once it is available. I heard it will be June, but may be delayed. I rather have the HB team test it throroughly first, than rushing to release it.

The current car is still a great car that is probably more capable than some of the newer cars in my opinion. I have also tried the T2 and T3, and went back to my Cyclone, because Cyclone always gave me better lap times.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Hello everyone!

After two years of Losi Jrxs-R, I "rejoin" the HB Cyclone.

I've had a Moore edition for few months, two years ago. The Moore was my car between Xray and Losi.

I now bought the Cyclone TC (it will be at my door somewere next week).

Any tips before I start the job?

I'll race outdoor, tires sorex or solaris, lipo and motors anywhere from 13.5 to 10.5 to 4.5, according which class will be available.

Thanks for the help

Last edited by Giorgio; 03-04-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:33 AM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks.
I heard it was next year.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Thanks.
Read somewhere that it's scheduled for a June 2010 release, but might be slightly delayed.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Rumors abound but I would guess that it will be available for the Team going to the Worlds. Public release (barring any developmental problems) would be after that.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

Where I can find an editable pdf setup sheet fo rthe TC?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.