Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Like he said, it varies greatly on what class you want to run. There are ESC's specifically geared towards spec racing with extremely aggressive timing profiles that wouldn't work in modified racing. Other ESC's are geared towards modified racing, and then some work in both with some extra tuning equipment.

Motor depends on the track usually. I would scope out what people are running at your local track so you can get on track support on how to gear and setup the motors and ESC. Sometimes it's easier than coming on the internet and getting a multitude of different opinions and answers.

I personally like Team Orca (more info for you guys a little later) and LRP ESC's. LRP Offers the SPX for spec racing, and the SXX for modified. Orca will be offering ESC's that have tuning capabilities for both types of racing.

-Korey
Thats the problem, im not sure really what class, also we dont have a local track, the lhs sets up a track almost every saturday and i know they do some spec class racing like sprint 2's and trans am series style. So i guess all I am saying is im not sure. I have never gotten into racing but have had cars for a while, so I guess i need to get some more information about what classes they are doing, its really just more club stuff.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mista Mustard
Thats the problem, im not sure really what class, also we dont have a local track, the lhs sets up a track almost every saturday and i know they do some spec class racing like sprint 2's and trans am series style. So i guess all I am saying is im not sure. I have never gotten into racing but have had cars for a while, so I guess i need to get some more information about what classes they are doing, its really just more club stuff.
Yea, I would find out some more information. It'll make suggesting stuff much easier! Maybe see what others are running that the track in the classes you want to run. If it's pretty loose and you don't need the latest and greatest equipment, maybe try and find some used stuff here in the classified section. That would be a cost effective way to get some stuff.

-Korey
Old 10-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey guys! Recently started using the R9-R body and at first, coming from a DNA2, loved the amount of steering it provided. The front "hook" it has is hindering me now more than before, except for at highgrip tracks like indoor asphalt). It was REALLY bad at a local concrete track that is known for having great natural traction. Just couldnt keep the back end from swinging out. I ordered an LTC-R from my local hobbyshop but it seems the warehouse is out of stock too so I was thinking of maybe exchanging the order for a Mazda 6 or MazdaSpeed 6. What do you recommended? Wait for the LTC-R or try a 6 body? Ive never tried a 6 body, i tend to stray from the norm (one reason i liked the DNA2 so much. It handled really well, always planted but I like trying new stuff too).
Old 10-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
Hey guys! Recently started using the R9-R body and at first, coming from a DNA2, loved the amount of steering it provided. The front "hook" it has is hindering me now more than before, except for at highgrip tracks like indoor asphalt). It was REALLY bad at a local concrete track that is known for having great natural traction. Just couldnt keep the back end from swinging out. I ordered an LTC-R from my local hobbyshop but it seems the warehouse is out of stock too so I was thinking of maybe exchanging the order for a Mazda 6 or MazdaSpeed 6. What do you recommended? Wait for the LTC-R or try a 6 body? Ive never tried a 6 body, i tend to stray from the norm (one reason i liked the DNA2 so much. It handled really well, always planted but I like trying new stuff too).
I would start with the Mazdaspeed 6, it's just a good all around body. If you want something... "different". Try the HB subaru type b. It's very similar to the mazdaspeed, just a little smoother.

-Korey
Old 10-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

what are the differences between the regular 6 and the speed 6?
Old 10-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
what are the differences between the regular 6 and the speed 6?
Normal 6 has less overall downforce. It's generally a tick smoother too. The mazdaspeed is more aggressive, especially on entry. Its still smoother than an LTC or a R9 for sure though. The subaru falls right in between the mazda 6 and the mazdaspeed 6.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just got subi body looks great =-)
Old 10-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Fred,

I will post Andy's '09 IIC setup next Monday.
Thanks I have his 08 setup but not the 09
Old 10-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

also who is running nimh v lipo???
Old 10-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Perkins
Thanks I have his 08 setup but not the 09
Fred - how did you like that setup at Horsham?
Old 10-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
that setup really works
Old 10-19-2009, 03:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Dont know didn't run it.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:35 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all,

i have seen in some pictures that people turn the servo round 90 degrees. What is the advantage of this and what is a good way of linking the servo in to the steering system?

Thanks, John
Old 10-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is the setup sheet from Andy. (IIC 2009)
Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Cyclone TC IIC 09 mod rubber.pdf (406.6 KB, 276 views)
Old 10-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Here is the setup sheet from Andy. (IIC 2009)
Thanks,
ok - dumb newbie question (and i'm sure its been asked over and over and over again, so humor and old guy )

what weight oil does 450 equate to? for those of us that can't get weights like that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.