Old 06-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
not support 3PK !

see photo for stock ESC with Super Cap.
& had rear gear diff.
Thats what I thought.

Ive never seen anyone around here running the wave ESC. You like it?

And can you get some top deck off pics of the steering set up? Id like to see how you did it
Old 06-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Help !! My son (Alex) has decided to give on-road a try so we bought the Cyclone S, now he wants to change the gearing to the TC gearing ? which would take bigger pulleys ? and different belts ? I went to the hobby store and they did not know what we were talking about. Can somebody provide exactly what we are looking for ? or maybe a place online where I can find these parts
Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
The POM ourdrives are made from the same material as the POM differential outdrives that come stock in the TC kit. I've noticed wear is very minimal on these, but they aren't the most durable things in the world. At the reedy race, I ended up using the steel outdrives just for extra peace of mind.

What the team has found, the steel outdrives work best when used with MIP CVD's in the front of the car. The MIP CVD's don't fit as tight in the hub bearings, and give a little bit of slop there. That helps take some of the chatter out as well. When using the POM outdrives, we suggest using the HB Ver 2 universals as they fit tighter in the bearings and the combinded amoutn of slop isn't too much. It seems to be the best combo for the POM outdrives.

As far as other questions about chatter, check to make sure you have at least version 2 HB universals or MIP CVD's. The ball joint and range of motion is greater on these, so they chatter significantly less. Also, there will always be some chatter with a spool, so a little bit isn't much to be worried about. Especially in an unloaded condition like turning the car upside down.

If you guys are still concerned about chatter, hot bodies has just recently released their DCJ driveshafts which have two universal joint in them, much like designs from Losi or Xray.

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/67699.html

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/67731.html

-Korey

Very helpful information Korey. All your efforts to help out cyclone racers are truly appreciated. I'll try to find the POM outdrive cups. In the meantime, however, I switched to slightly worn steel drivecups and there is some reduction in chatter. The first 60% steering goes smoother while some chatter remains on the latter 40% towards full steering lock. I will try things out at the track tomorrow and hope to notice less front end chatter under load. Thing is, I never experienced this with my previous cyclone original black edition. Then again, I ran with center and front one ways on that one. Thanks again!
Old 06-12-2009, 02:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit_dad
Help !! My son (Alex) has decided to give on-road a try so we bought the Cyclone S, now he wants to change the gearing to the TC gearing ? which would take bigger pulleys ? and different belts ? I went to the hobby store and they did not know what we were talking about. Can somebody provide exactly what we are looking for ? or maybe a place online where I can find these parts
here you go

longer front belt - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...8&I=LXTKW7&P=K -- HB Part numb# 66493
longer rear belt - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...8&I=LXTKW8&P=K -- HB Part numb # 66494
18t pulley - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...8&I=LXTKW6&P=K -- HB Part numb # 66492
18t center oneway - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTKW5&P=7 -- HB Part nuumb # 66491 (if you want the one way)
Old 06-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'M BACK!!!! HB most controversal racer ever will be back running the car that many in Norcal fear After running Scotty Barnes' car last weekend (not even Hara could stay on pace ) Please direct all statements and questions to Korey. He will be more than happy to answer all pm's

Hiro- I need some stickers bro
You only wanted to come back because all the cool peeps are on this thread
Plus no one talked with you on the other one
Old 06-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
which parts ?

right now belts and pullies for 16 tooth version, the steel spool and plastic outdrives, steering post bearings, ect.

stuff I find on the HB site BOed but not anywhere else I know?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by balistic
right now belts and pullies for 16 tooth version, the steel spool and plastic outdrives, steering post bearings, ect.

stuff I find on the HB site BOed but not anywhere else I know?

Call Billy at Speedworld, I think he has most of those parts hanging on the wall.

http://www.speedworldraceway.com/Con...tore_Hours.cfm
Old 06-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Looking a Andy Moore's cyclone, and also the FXF Cyclone kit the bulkheads dont have that extra brace coming down, so being this cyclone had plastic front bulkheads I tried it out. I dont know that id take this to alu bulks. But if you take away that front part, you can scoot the servo up, drill and tap the bellcrank (I think thats what its called?), pop a ball stud in it, and bam!

Sorry for the crappy pic, took it at 3 in the morn on my cell LOL.. Nothing is stuck down or anything, so yea
Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Might have to try that. Still upgrading my "S" and i can't really see any reason to get the aluminum bulkheads. I do plan on adding the TC shocktowers and mounts though. What would be the disadvantage of sticking with the palstic bulkheads?
Old 06-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO

Looking a Andy Moore's cyclone, and also the FXF Cyclone kit the bulkheads dont have that extra brace coming down, so being this cyclone had plastic front bulkheads I tried it out. I dont know that id take this to alu bulks. But if you take away that front part, you can scoot the servo up, drill and tap the bellcrank (I think thats what its called?), pop a ball stud in it, and bam!

Sorry for the crappy pic, took it at 3 in the morn on my cell LOL.. Nothing is stuck down or anything, so yea
Yes before had think that ,
but not have saver ,
so upper deck & lower deck open more 2 hole for choice.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-imag0013.jpg  
Old 06-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

new ver. gold & Silver shock spring arrived again !
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-hp-6543-v2.jpg  
Old 06-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scott B
Call Billy at Speedworld, I think he has most of those parts hanging on the wall.

http://www.speedworldraceway.com/Con...tore_Hours.cfm
Thanks, I will have to call him. I can't figure out how to find them in the online store?
Old 06-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by balistic
Thanks, I will have to call him. I can't figure out how to find them in the online store?

I don't think he's updated his online store in awhile so it would be best to just call him and see if he has what your looking for.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I knew you would be... it was only a matter of time.
Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'M BACK!!!! HB most controversal racer ever will be back running the car that many in Norcal fear After running Scotty Barnes' car last weekend (not even Hara could stay on pace ) Please direct all statements and questions to Korey. He will be more than happy to answer all pm's

Hiro- I need some stickers bro
Congrats Korey, he's your problem now (again)....
Old 06-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scott B
I don't think he's updated his online store in awhile so it would be best to just call him and see if he has what your looking for.
I got him on the phone and now e-mail, thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.