Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 05-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www.ppdbillet.com/RC_accessories.html

Here's the link to Kevin's website. He makes nice stuff, and at a reasonable price as well. Sounds like there is more and more interest in a Cyclone TC specific plate, so maybe he'll make one. You guys just need to tell him you want one, and actually buy it!!!

If you do some searching around on his website, he also produces a tweak plate that I use regularly. It's great for making sure your car is completely flat and tweak free.

For camber links, it's position 2 on the cyclone TC upper bulkheads. I used the "inner" hole on the rear hub. Basically box stock camber link setup, except the shims under the pivots. I tried position 1 (short) but it wasn't that great. The car would turn in super hard, then get a really bad push through the longer corners. The longer link setup we typically use was much better overall because it was more stable, and produced more mid-exit steering.

-Korey
Old 05-31-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke

Here's the link to Kevin's website. He makes nice stuff, and at a reasonable price as well. Sounds like there is more and more interest in a Cyclone TC specific plate, so maybe he'll make one. You guys just need to tell him you want one, and actually buy it!!!

If you do some searching around on his website, he also produces a tweak plate that I use regularly. It's great for making sure your car is completely flat and tweak free.

For camber links, it's position 2 on the cyclone TC upper bulkheads. I used the "inner" hole on the rear hub. Basically box stock camber link setup, except the shims under the pivots. I tried position 1 (short) but it wasn't that great. The car would turn in super hard, then get a really bad push through the longer corners. The longer link setup we typically use was much better overall because it was more stable, and produced more mid-exit steering.

-Korey

I think I had the 2nd Cyclone plate ever made and the first in Sac. Kevin is a real nice guy and his stuff is top notche.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke

-Korey
Not sure what setup to use anymore I have been trying to get my car to rotate in the 180 deg corners and it just push coming out with every setup I can find on the TC online and more, I tried my buddy car the 416 and I could not get my car the rotate or steer has his, any one with a setup for a med traction track with a lot of 180 deg corner please.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default balancing

anyone know the right way to balance the cyclone tc left to right with a thunder power 5000 lipo pack.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any one know of a diff that fits the cyclone?Will an xray fit?I shattered one of my outdrives and no parts--are avail--I know the pulley count is different,but will the outdrives/diff halves work? I have a big race coming up and no one seems to have parts--
Old 06-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
Not sure what setup to use anymore I have been trying to get my car to rotate in the 180 deg corners and it just push coming out with every setup I can find on the TC online and more, I tried my buddy car the 416 and I could not get my car the rotate or steer has his, any one with a setup for a med traction track with a lot of 180 deg corner please.
If you ever try to use less ackerman spacer? I tried 0.5 spacer on ackerman and it gives more mid corner steering. Or, try the front hole on the front knuckle, it makes big difference on steering too. Hope this help!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GasGod
Any one know of a diff that fits the cyclone?Will an xray fit?I shattered one of my outdrives and no parts--are avail--I know the pulley count is different,but will the outdrives/diff halves work? I have a big race coming up and no one seems to have parts--
The Pro-spec ball diff (#67720) for Cyclone is a good one besides if you want to try other manufacturer's. It's hold up pretty good even on Mod motor with the POM outdrives. The old one is using 2mm diff screw but the Pro-spec's is 2.6mm which is a lot stronger and it comes with ceramic ball which gives a silk smooth feel.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJ20
The Pro-spec ball diff (#67720) for Cyclone is a good one besides if you want to try other manufacturer's. It's hold up pretty good even on Mod motor with the POM outdrives. The old one is using 2mm diff screw but the Pro-spec's is 2.6mm which is a lot stronger and it comes with ceramic ball which gives a silk smooth feel.
Thanks for the reply; but as I said -- no parts avail till ???? all are b/o .I am asking if any other mfg. diff will fit.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GasGod
Thanks for the reply; but as I said -- no parts avail till ???? all are b/o .I am asking if any other mfg. diff will fit.
http://www.rcmodel.com.hk/
Old 06-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to let everyone know that we have #67699 DCJ Drive Shaft Set (1pcs) in stock now. You can also order it drectly from us if you can not find it at your LHS.

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone know when the next generation Cyclone will be released? I saw Andy Moore running a really cool looking prototype at ETS. There seems to be a lot of changes, probably more than 50% of the parts are new.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default new car perhaps

There was(quick) an interview with Hara from the worlds that ive only just seen where he eludes to a new car being available late 09 early 10,
does anyone know if the lack of available cars/parts atm has anything to do with this fact?

and how different?

Cheers
Old 06-02-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
Does anyone know when the next generation Cyclone will be released? I saw Andy Moore running a really cool looking prototype at ETS. There seems to be a lot of changes, probably more than 50% of the parts are new.
were do you found this pics?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Coldn
were do you found this pics?
http://ets.redrc.net/gallery/?nggpage=5
Old 06-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default And???

Originally Posted by EJ20
I looked at those pics and there is nothing that I see that looks so new and fresh......looks like a Moore edition. Do elaborate on the "new design" that makes those cars any different than what we have seen out of the HPI/Hot Bodies camp.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.