Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all,

Sorry if this as been discussed before, I have used the search funtion, but haven't found a answer...

I will be runing for the first time the Cylone TC, but im not sure what setup i should try. I run ruber on asphalt in fast, flowing tracks. Grip is usually low.

My base setup on the cyclone AM is something like this:

Front:

60W oil on #3 holes
0º toe
silver/Pink springs
2/3 shock position
5.00mm droop

Rear
50W oil on 3# holes
3º toe
blue springs
1,5/2,5 shock position
5,5mm droop

Everything else is standard.

What should i try first on the TC? Do you recomend using the new arm shock positions? What about shock oil?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 02-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default Reedy Race?

Hi, just want to know if anyone will go to Reedy Race cause want to see the Team even stronger this year.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
May be for Billy?
Cool then I get his, since he won't be able to make it up. Besides he was only going to run his Mugen 8th scale.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJ20
Hi, just want to know if anyone will go to Reedy Race cause want to see the Team even stronger this year.
I'll be there again this year since Speedworld is my local track...

And I think Hiro and Korey as well as others will be there...
Old 02-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
I'll be there again this year since Speedworld is my local track...

And I think Hiro and Korey as well as others will be there...
My wife and I should be there (cmon lottery) but my son will probably be going to his prom instead...fail...LOL

G-MAIN BABY! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Itchy
Hi all,

Sorry if this as been discussed before, I have used the search funtion, but haven't found a answer...

I will be runing for the first time the Cylone TC, but im not sure what setup i should try. I run ruber on asphalt in fast, flowing tracks. Grip is usually low.

My base setup on the cyclone AM is something like this:

Front:

60W oil on #3 holes
0º toe
silver/Pink springs
2/3 shock position
5.00mm droop

Rear
50W oil on 3# holes
3º toe
blue springs
1,5/2,5 shock position
5,5mm droop

Everything else is standard.

What should i try first on the TC? Do you recomend using the new arm shock positions? What about shock oil?

Thanks in advance for any help
The setup doesn't look too bad so far. The common trend with Hara and Andy are to run lighter springs and fairly heavy oil, which is similar to what you have. How many shims are you running under the suspension blocks? Those can help with the overall balance of the car depending on how you use them. You could also play with arm sweep (front toe block). The more sweep you have, the more mid corner steering you'll notice.

Since your "basic" package is all in the ballpark, it's all about playing with little things around the car. If you post a full detailed setup, and maybe what you feel is lacking, we would be able to help you a little better.

-Korey
Old 02-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
The setup doesn't look too bad so far. The common trend with Hara and Andy are to run lighter springs and fairly heavy oil, which is similar to what you have. How many shims are you running under the suspension blocks? Those can help with the overall balance of the car depending on how you use them. You could also play with arm sweep (front toe block). The more sweep you have, the more mid corner steering you'll notice.

Since your "basic" package is all in the ballpark, it's all about playing with little things around the car. If you post a full detailed setup, and maybe what you feel is lacking, we would be able to help you a little better.

-Korey
I always thought about less sweep make more mid corner ( using 1 or less then 2.5 degree FF block ),please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Every time I've used sweep it has given me more steering right at the apex of the corner, and smoothed out entry a little bit.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thank you Jesus!
Hello Everyone,

Hiro Kasuya from Hot Bodies USA R&D asked me to post this up for everyone to see. Hot Bodies has been working on developing improved driveshafts with greater efficiency. When installed on the front of the car, they will reduce the common "chatter" we experience when using a spool or turning at extreme angles. Testing has shown that they also provide a little more steering overall!!! Release date is to be announced, so stay tuned!

-Korey
Old 02-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

I always thought about less sweep make more mid corner ( using 1 or less then 2.5 degree FF block ),please correct me if I'm wrong.
Is more sweep means using less then 2.5 degree in the FF block? Thanks!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
I have been running them for quite a while and they still work great. I do clean them up and add some grease once in a while but that's it. As for the durability, I would say they have pretty much the same durablity as the regular universal/cvd shafts. I didn't break any DCJ Shafts but i'm way too far from Hara's level I think i'm good enough for durability testing for you guys.

Thanks,
Hiro, you don't know durability testing b/c you drive way too clean..... give it to me. im IMFAMOUS as a durability tester.

- Chris
Old 02-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Is more sweep means using less then 2.5 degree in the FF block? Thanks!
3.0 would be max arm sweep and 0 would be zero arm sweep.

I've used the 0 block up front running rubber/carpet. It made the corner feel two-stage and non-linear. Car would have this initial dartyness going in then would understeer throughout the corner. Really difficult to drive. The added arm sweep of the 1.5 block smoothed out response throughout the entire corner. On asphalt all I run is the 2.5 up front.

An added benefit of more arm sweep is less chatter. The increased angle of the arm actually decreases the angle on the CVD while cornering.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

-Korey
Thank you very much Korey

Usually i run 2.5mm shim in the front and 2mm in the back.

Actually i havent haven't finished building the TC, let a lone try it. I was asking just to get a general ideia about a base setup to work with.
I will try using my base setup, but with 2 holes shock piston and 60W/50W (F/R) oil. Or do you think that would be to much?

I have used 2.5 and 1.5 arm sweep in the past, but usually i end up with 0º, because the car seems easier on the chicanes.
But i will give it a shot with the TC.

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Itchy
Thank you very much Korey

Usually i run 2.5mm shim in the front and 2mm in the back.

Actually i havent haven't finished building the TC, let a lone try it. I was asking just to get a general ideia about a base setup to work with.
I will try using my base setup, but with 2 holes shock piston and 60W/50W (F/R) oil. Or do you think that would be to much?

I have used 2.5 and 1.5 arm sweep in the past, but usually i end up with 0º, because the car seems easier on the chicanes.
But i will give it a shot with the TC.

Thanks!
I would stay with the 3 hole pistons. I haven't found many conditions where I liked the stock pistons better. Anything on rubber tires I've preferred the 1.1mm 3 hole pistons.

Now just to clarify about your shims... are those under the camber link? Or under the suspension/toe blocks? That seems to be a little much if it's under the suspension blocks. If it's under the camber links then that seems about right.

-Korey
Old 02-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
3.0 would be max arm sweep and 0 would be zero arm sweep.

I've used the 0 block up front running rubber/carpet. It made the corner feel two-stage and non-linear. Car would have this initial dartyness going in then would understeer throughout the corner. Really difficult to drive. The added arm sweep of the 1.5 block smoothed out response throughout the entire corner. On asphalt all I run is the 2.5 up front.

An added benefit of more arm sweep is less chatter. The increased angle of the arm actually decreases the angle on the CVD while cornering.
Very much agree. The only time I run 0 deg of sweep is on carpet with foam tires. It keeps the front end from screwing itself into the ground LMAO.

-Korey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.