Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 02-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bogi
One more thing.....is there anything I must buy right from the get go to get the car running (besides the body etc.)?
you'll need tires - from what I recall, the TC doesn't come with any

unless tires was part of your "etc"
Old 02-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

when I bought my cyclone it came with some carbon shims from 3 racing what is the purpose of these there are 2 black and 2 silver. Do they sereve the same purpose as the purple shims the kit comes with for underneath the pivot blocks?

Last edited by Tulsa TC3; 02-04-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tulsa TC3
when I bought my cyclone it came with some carbon shims from 3 racing what is the purpose of these there are 2 black and 2 silver. Do they sereve the same purpose as the purple shims the kit comes with for underneath the pivot blocks?
The purple shims are 2mm that come with the kit...the other shims maybe smaller or larger. This shims will either raise or lower the roll center based on their size.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

should I have four of these or just two a piece, I also have the 3racing shims . Do you just put them under the numbered pivot blocks and put the purple shims under non numbred blocks. sorry for the confusing question. I want to use these graphite shims so I can save the purple washer style for other things
Old 02-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

I am talking about the washers and not the long purple shims
Old 02-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Can anyone share some High Bite carpet setup with the Cyclone TC?

Our local track gets sprayed for traction in the morning, traction changes high enough to make cars traction roll on rubber tire..

Traction roll in middle of the corner not on entry.

we are currently using Sorex 28s.

any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

what does the track get sprayed with
Old 02-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Where is the best place to buy parts from here in the states(place that has a good stock of parts)? I ordered a few things from HB on monday and it still has not shipped yet, I called them today and they "said" it will ship today. Only other places I know of right now is speedtech and tower.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Stormer Hobbies & A-MainHobbies have HPI/Hot Bodies parts.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Now Available!

Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protector For Hot Bodies Cyclone #HB70728 chassis

-This will fit Cyclone, Cyclone Hara Edition, Surikarn Edition & World Champion Edition

Old 02-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Where is the best place to buy parts from here in the states(place that has a good stock of parts)? I ordered a few things from HB on monday and it still has not shipped yet, I called them today and they "said" it will ship today. Only other places I know of right now is speedtech and tower.
I did the same thing - I placed and order on Monday morning (like 1am EST) and it shipped out on Thursday...

I ended emailing [email protected] - then emailed back and forth with a very nice and informative lady named, Gladys (who handles all the web ordering). She told me that I would have received the tracking info by thursday - but I didn't get it, so I emailed her on Friday and within 5 mins she emailed me back with the information...

PM me and I'll give you her email address - I don't want to publically post it here

I'd have to say the HPI/HB order processing is a little "slow" - an order received on Monday "should" have been shipped by wednesday, not Thursday. But then again, any time I've ordered directly from a (chassis) manufacturer, they ship slowly not like a online shop

This is not applicable here, but I think the fastest shop I've ever used is rckenon.com - I've ordered at 2pm eastern, and got a shipping notice by 5pm eastern now that's SUPER shipping speed, and can't expect everyone to ship like them - but it would be nice
Old 02-07-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Rookie

hi there!!

I,m new to RCTECH but i,ve got some questions.
I,m the proud owner of a hotbodies cyclone TC but on my local indoor track
i,ve got no grip in the back when i go through a fast sweeper turn.
steering in is no problem but when i release the throttle the back comes loose
im using the standard stabi,s and springs, the droop in the back is 3 and in the front 4. the tires are sorex 28,s.
If someone has a suguestion im al ears!!!
I must mentioned that the here in the Netherlands al have poor grip!!

thanks already
Old 02-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racecees1
hi there!!

I,m new to RCTECH but i,ve got some questions.
I,m the proud owner of a hotbodies cyclone TC but on my local indoor track
i,ve got no grip in the back when i go through a fast sweeper turn.
steering in is no problem but when i release the throttle the back comes loose
im using the standard stabi,s and springs, the droop in the back is 3 and in the front 4. the tires are sorex 28,s.
If someone has a suguestion im al ears!!!
I must mentioned that the here in the Netherlands al have poor grip!!

thanks already
sounds like you have to much front bite you should actually put youre droop 5 in the front and 4 in the rear also go with a thinner swaybar in the rear try these 2 things first then if you still have troubles tweek youre setup with a little thicker oil in the front and with shock positioning bringing out the shock makes them harder putting them down makes them softer hope it helps and another thing i tryed was i got my hands on some tamyia 3 hole pistons and i use a spool not oneway ,try these things do one at a time, there just basic set up changes .
Old 02-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Dude!

Wil see if it works
by the way i,ve also noticed that the old suspension make the the car more stable on carpet then with the new suspension arms or is it my imagination?
i mean with steering in corners.
Stil its a unbelievable good car I won my first race with the new car straightaway unlike some other brands. stil it has one weakness and that are the new suspension arms, they break so easely but on carpet only and not on asphalt
Old 02-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racecees1
Thanks Dude!

Wil see if it works
by the way i,ve also noticed that the old suspension make the the car more stable on carpet then with the new suspension arms or is it my imagination?
i mean with steering in corners.
Stil its a unbelievable good car I won my first race with the new car straightaway unlike some other brands. stil it has one weakness and that are the new suspension arms, they break so easely but on carpet only and not on asphalt
you are right the break alot easyer than the older ones ive broken 3 rear arms and the hingpins on the hub all on the left side and i am going to try the old arms to see if the car is more stable with them but i am not sure .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.