Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=120&id=7314

here you go
Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

How much is reducing chatter worth to you?

ECS Drive Shafts $47.95 EACH
C-Hubs $6.75 EACH
Hinge Pins $3.95
C-Hub Bushings (steel) $11.95

Total approx. $125

It would be interesting to see if HB will come out with an ECS driveshaft design at a reasonable cost. The LOSI LCD is under $35 for a complete set of 2 driveshafts. With spools being used more and more these days a vibration reduction driveshaft design would be a nice upgrade to have available from HB.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

I have the first cyclone the black ver and thinking I should get the cyclone tc
to race on carpet rubber stock what is the gearing I should start at and is the tc a better car on carpet than the black ver and the setup for the tc the same as the black ver if not please direct me to a setup thank you.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
I have the first cyclone the black ver and thinking I should get the cyclone tc
to race on carpet rubber stock what is the gearing I should start at and is the tc a better car on carpet than the black ver and the setup for the tc the same as the black ver if not please direct me to a setup thank you.
The original Cyclone is still a very competitive car. The weakest link was the diff design. The new Pro-Spec diff took care of that problem.

Unless you just need a new kit, I would just upgrade to the Pro-Spec diff and maybe the WCE towers for more adjustability. If you are running 17.5 class you could get the 18T pulleys and belts to lower the internal gear ratio a bit.

Set-ups for the TC, WCE and Orginal Cyclones will be very close. The basic geometry of the car hasn't changed over the years. They have just added the ability to make finer adjustments to better suit track conditions.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
How much is reducing chatter worth to you?

ECS Drive Shafts $47.95 EACH
C-Hubs $6.75 EACH
Hinge Pins $3.95
C-Hub Bushings (steel) $11.95

Total approx. $125

It would be interesting to see if HB will come out with an ECS driveshaft design at a reasonable cost. The LOSI LCD is under $35 for a complete set of 2 driveshafts. With spools being used more and more these days a vibration reduction driveshaft design would be a nice upgrade to have available from HB.
definately something worth bringing up to HB themselves imo
Old 11-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

The original Cyclone is still a very competitive car. The weakest link was the diff design. The new Pro-Spec diff took care of that problem.

Unless you just need a new kit, I would just upgrade to the Pro-Spec diff and maybe the WCE towers for more adjustability. If you are running 17.5 class you could get the 18T pulleys and belts to lower the internal gear ratio a bit.

Set-ups for the TC, WCE and Orginal Cyclones will be very close. The basic geometry of the car hasn't changed over the years. They have just added the ability to make finer adjustments to better suit track conditions.
Thanks for the info I rather get the Pro- Spec diff than spend all that $$
on a new kit.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks to those whom have replied. I appreciate it.

I guess I just want to make sure I pick up a a good chassis in the Cyclone S.

I can't afford the TC spec right now, but just want a good competitive car out of the box. I just don't want to pony up the cash for a Cyclone S and then HB release and 2.0 version. That is why I asked if anyone here has any information if a new or revised Cyclone S will be released in the near future.

Any info?

Thanks,
hs
Old 11-11-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone with info on the new sway bar system that comes on the TC I was looking back a few page and didn't get any info I am looking for, will the new sway bar fit on the first cyclone the black ver? anyone.

Thank you.

Last edited by Ramyuras; 11-11-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for the info I rather get the Pro- Spec diff than spend all that $$
on a new kit.
I run the black cyclone with the new diff and am duking it out with 008's all over the place...the cars stacks up up - still very competitive.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Interesting discussion on rebound here.

One thing I never understood is how the little force generated by a latex membrane can make such a change once it is added to the stiff springs we are running on the four corners of the cars... when you consider the spring stiffness, that bladder pushes almost nothing... The foams I understand, they suddenly stiffen the suspension big time (closed cells) but the membrane-generated rebound, I just don't get it...

Thanks

Paul
Old 11-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone with info on the new sway bar system that comes on the TC I was looking back a few page and didn't get any info I am looking for, will the new sway bar fit on the first cyclone the black ver? anyone.

Thank you.
I haven't used the new swaybar mounting hardware, but it will work with the black version of the Cyclone using either the older or newer A-arm design. Only the mounting harware has changed on the TC. The actual swaybars are still the same as other Cyclones.

I have noticed that HB team drivers (Hara, Moore) are still using the older swaybar mounting harware over the newer design. Not sure if there is any real reason for this or not.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default gearing queston

I recently purchased my first ever electric car. This being a Hotbodies Cyclone S kit. I bought it to do some winter racing indoors and after the completion of my build I can't wait to see this thing in action. My question though, is since this is my first foray into electric I'm not sure what size pinion gear to use w/ the stock 96 tooth spur. I will be running in a stock 27 turn/17.5 class and I was curious to hear some suggestions. I have been told that it is a medium sized track w/ decent staights and enough turns to keep you busy. All i know is if this electric runs as good as I'm hoping there's gonna be alot of nitro stuff for sale here and on the bay.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

I haven't used the new swaybar mounting hardware, but it will work with the black version of the Cyclone using either the older or newer A-arm design. Only the mounting harware has changed on the TC. The actual swaybars are still the same as other Cyclones.

I have noticed that HB team drivers (Hara, Moore) are still using the older swaybar mounting harware over the newer design. Not sure if there is any real reason for this or not.
It's because the new ones tend to bind pretty much. You can warm up the ballcups (with a lighter for example), but than the ballcups seem to be pop off quite easily. That's why most of the time the older versions are used.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thank you.
I have it on my black Cyclone. It fits but you will need to cut away about 5mm off the end of the sway bar. You also have to raise the link higher than the 1mm the instructions suggest. This is about as close to a tweak free sway bar system other than the TC5.

once I buy another rear and front bar I will be going back to the old system.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rogueldr
I recently purchased my first ever electric car. This being a Hotbodies Cyclone S kit. I bought it to do some winter racing indoors and after the completion of my build I can't wait to see this thing in action. My question though, is since this is my first foray into electric I'm not sure what size pinion gear to use w/ the stock 96 tooth spur. I will be running in a stock 27 turn/17.5 class and I was curious to hear some suggestions. I have been told that it is a medium sized track w/ decent staights and enough turns to keep you busy. All i know is if this electric runs as good as I'm hoping there's gonna be alot of nitro stuff for sale here and on the bay.
Depends if you are running a 27T or 17.5 motor.

27T CO27 gear 6.5 - 7.0 FDR (with rubber tires) depending on track and your particular motor.
-with a 96T spur you would need between a 33T - 36T pinion.

17.5 needs A LOT more gear. Try down in the 3.5 FDR range. Again, track size, motor brand and batteries all play a role in finding the proper gearing.
-you will need to get a smaller spur to reach the low ratios needed for stock brushless motors. Probably something around 88T spur and some high 50's pinions.

On another note: I have heard the stock C-hubs included with the Cyclone S are rather brittle. You might want to get some of the carbon C-hubs if you break the stock ones. The carbon hubs are the same hubs that come standard on the WCE and TC versions of the Cyclone.

HPI73518 4 degree carbon c-hubs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.