Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I received all my goodies today (finally) they back ordered my springs though The new diff looks ok. We'll see how it works on the track this weekend. Come get some if you're near Speedworld this weekend.
Nice! Have you built it yet?

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
ahh dude the xray T2 bumper from Parma fits great! just need to widen the holes a little bit with a reamer! and just a tad bit of trimming up front! i have them on both my cyclones! i love them!
I use the P-DUB xray t2 bumper, as he said the holes are a little wide, but when you put the bumper brace on, it straightens the body posts, and after a day or so, the holes are perfect in the foam
Old 04-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sounds a little ghetto to me. Redoing the holes will yield better results and any unnecessary tweak.

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO

I use the P-DUB xray t2 bumper, as he said the holes are a little wide, but when you put the bumper brace on, it straightens the body posts, and after a day or so, the holes are perfect in the foam
Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Did anyone try the new 5000mh SMC Lipo in the cyclone? I am going Lipo and don't want to get the 5000mh and it don't fit, thank you.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

apart from colors what are the major differences between the cyclone kits? is it just how they are equiped? i.e. spool vs oneway.... and the like? thanks
Old 04-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

I tried another racers 5000 pack in my car and it fit fine. He runs a 008 and had already filed the pack down to fit in his car. He did file away a considerable amount of the hard case to make it fit his 008. I have also filed down the bulkhead in my car about .5mm for added room.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
apart from colors what are the major differences between the cyclone kits? is it just how they are equiped? i.e. spool vs oneway.... and the like? thanks
They come with better version of the one-way, spool and a lot more bling in some cases. Jason have you looked at me and Allen's Cyclones before, I have the original and he has the Andy Moore version. Basically all the parts are interchangeable. The Cyclone S is like the baseline TC4 and my cyclone, Andy moore, Hara, Surikim are Factory Team TC4. If you have you seen mine or Allen's cars has more bling than mine but performance is close.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

By the way this is Theo.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

There are 5 different Cyclone kits out there. 6 if you count the Cyclone S.
Original Black Edition, Hara Edition, Surikarn Edition, WC Moore Edition and the newest Cyclone TC.

The Original Black Edition: one-way up front, one-way center pulley, 3mm shock towers, steel universals, Delrin diff outdrives, Ti turnbuckles, 16T pulleys

Hara (purple), Surikarn (blue) Editions: one-way & spool in front, direct & one-way center pulley, 3.5mm shock towers, 44mm aluminum universal drive shafts, aluminum diff outdrives, Ti turnbuckles, 16T pulleys

WC Moore Edition: one-way & V3 spool in front, direct & one-way pulley, 3.5mm shock towers with added positions, MIP CVDs all around, Ti Nitride coated suspension hinge pins, shock shafts and diff screw, graphite bumber brace, rear aluminum heatsink brace, aluminum diff outdrives, Ti turnbuckles, 16T pulleys

Cyclone TC: has a mixture of parts from older kits along with brand new parts. New Parts: chassis, top deck, a-arms, roll bar assembly, front one-way/spool, prospec diff, bulkheads, steel turnbuckles, 18T pulleys

I probably forgot a few items but that's the basic breakdown.

Hope that helped.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Sounds a little ghetto to me. Redoing the holes will yield better results and any unnecessary tweak.
Not really

Its not like the holes are off by a TON, maybe a mm or 2 at most......

Unnecessary tweak? How does a bumper tweak a car?
Old 04-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
Did anyone try the new 5000mh SMC Lipo in the cyclone? I am going Lipo and don't want to get the 5000mh and it don't fit, thank you.
The SMC5000 fits in the Cyclone, if you shave down the bulkhead about 1 mm. That's all you need and it slides right in
Old 04-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

thanks shaun, that was an excellent post.. i was just looking at the used black cyclone in the fs/ft section and was wondering how or if it is out of date... i'll be running asphalt so sounds like i'd be needing a spool and direct center to get started and based on cost of those parts that car may not be may not be very cost effective..

theo, i've not seen either yours or allens cyclones, but as i understand it allen mainly runs his tc5 which was hardly a ringing endorsement...
Old 04-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
There are 5 different Cyclone kits out there. 6 if you count the Cyclone S.
Original Black Edition, Hara Edition, Surikarn Edition, WC Moore Edition and the newest Cyclone TC.

The Original Black Edition: one-way up front, one-way center pulley, 3mm shock towers, steel universals, Delrin diff outdrives, Ti turnbuckles, 16T pulleys

Hara (purple), Surikarn (blue) Editions: one-way & spool in front, direct & one-way center pulley, 3.5mm shock towers, 44mm aluminum universal drive shafts, aluminum diff outdrives, Ti turnbuckles, 16T pulleys

WC Moore Edition: one-way & V3 spool in front, direct & one-way pulley, 3.5mm shock towers with added positions, MIP CVDs all around, Ti Nitride coated suspension hinge pins, shock shafts and diff screw, graphite bumber brace, rear aluminum heatsink brace, aluminum diff outdrives, Ti turnbuckles, 16T pulleys

Cyclone TC: has a mixture of parts from older kits along with brand new parts. New Parts: chassis, top deck, a-arms, roll bar assembly, front one-way/spool, prospec diff, bulkheads, steel turnbuckles, 18T pulleys

I probably forgot a few items but that's the basic breakdown.

Hope that helped.
Thanks for clear explanation Shaun.

Do you know what are the major differences/advantages between the old chassis and the new? I cant really tell by the pictures (besides the plastic holders, off course) ...
Old 04-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Nice! Have you built it yet?

It's not built yet. That's what I'm doing tonight. You racing this weekend???
Old 04-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Itchy
Thanks for clear explanation Shaun.

Do you know what are the major differences/advantages between the old chassis and the new? I cant really tell by the pictures (besides the plastic holders, off course) ...
I know they are both 2.5mm, so it looks like the larger battery slots for the holders and holes drilled for the stand-offs are the only changes. As far as I know the wheelbase and other dimensions are the same as the original chassis.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

thanks shaun, that was an excellent post.. i was just looking at the used black cyclone in the fs/ft section and was wondering how or if it is out of date... i'll be running asphalt so sounds like i'd be needing a spool and direct center to get started and based on cost of those parts that car may not be may not be very cost effective..
I bought the Black Version a while back for cheap. The V3 spool is $15, direct drive pulley is $10, I filed the one-way layshaft down so I didn't have to buy the direct drive layshaft. So that's about $25 of upgrades and the car was ready for asphalt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.