Hot Bodies Cyclone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Tech Addict

It comes with the same pivot blocks as the Pro 4, 2.5deg for the front and 3deg for the rear.

After finishing the build about 30 minutes before setting off for racing last night I was well up for a good time. It started off very responsive and a had a little too much front end grip for my liking. A couple of setup changes (laid rear shocks down 1 hole and took sway bar off) and the car was great. At a place where I normally get slaughtered by people who race at my local club with me, I managed to beat them and get TQ in stock. I was VERY impressed with the handling of the car, and I also had a couple of knocks and everything seems sturdy still It also turned a few heads in the pits which was nice too

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem to me with the shocks however. When I was building them oil was bleeding out of the top of the shock where to ball joint is, and after completion the ball joint would spin quite freely in the shock top. This means that you have to hold the shock top to move the collars when the shocks are on the car. I can't understand why this might be as they're pretty much the same as the Pro 4 shocks and I never had any problems with those...

Also, for those guys racing the Cyclone, watch out for the ball joints coming loose on the steering arm for the servo saver, mine did and I'm sure I thread locked them in too
Old 10-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skill
Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem to me with the shocks however. When I was building them oil was bleeding out of the top of the shock where to ball joint is, and after completion the ball joint would spin quite freely in the shock top. This means that you have to hold the shock top to move the collars when the shocks are on the car. I can't understand why this might be as they're pretty much the same as the Pro 4 shocks and I never had any problems with those...
Yes, I have noticed this also. I quickly resolved it by putting the Pro 4 2005 shocks on the car . Looks a whole lot nicer with the purple shocks too. I also noticed that the shock action, whilst very good with the kit shocks, is somewhat off the smoothness of the Pro4 shocks.

Last edited by Atomix; 10-09-2005 at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Hmm....maybe I'll invest in some Pro 4 shock tops, collars and bottom, should resolve the problem as if I'm not mistaken everything else is the same?

Edit: Does anyone know what the 2 holes in the diff outdrive are for? Tightening/loosening the diff externally? If so how do you do it, I'm suprised the manual doesn't mention anything about it...
Old 10-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

shock probs: just glue 73510 and 70718 together. works fine...
Old 10-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

From what I saw of this car at the carpet track yesterday....you guys may want to look into a PDUB front bumper and see if they are possibly beefing up the steering knuckles. My buddy went through quite a few of them on very minor hits. I'm not talking crap.....just trying to give a heads up. I like that there are so many good cars out there to choose from and the more cars the more people which equals more fun. He also broke a couple of caster blocks too. This was all done in mod so the car was traveling faster but the hits were still minor (IMO) Anyone else have these same type of problems? We have regionals in two weeks and I want to help my buddy out as best I can.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by STLNLST
From what I saw of this car at the carpet track yesterday....you guys may want to look into a PDUB front bumper and see if they are possibly beefing up the steering knuckles. My buddy went through quite a few of them on very minor hits. I'm not talking crap.....just trying to give a heads up. I like that there are so many good cars out there to choose from and the more cars the more people which equals more fun. He also broke a couple of caster blocks too. This was all done in mod so the car was traveling faster but the hits were still minor (IMO) Anyone else have these same type of problems? We have regionals in two weeks and I want to help my buddy out as best I can.

just keep us posted. by the way you may want to look at the pro 4 alloy knuckles
Old 10-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
just keep us posted. by the way you may want to look at the pro 4 alloy knuckles
He mentioned getting some but I didn't know if he was going pro4 or they made some for the cyclone. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by STLNLST
He mentioned getting some but I didn't know if he was going pro4 or they made some for the cyclone. Thanks for the suggestion.
pro4 and cyclone suspension is the same (at least the arms/knuckles/caster blocks are
Old 10-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Yep, I found that I broke the steering knuckles and C-hubs quite a few times on my Pro 4 so I got the aluminium hubs, they're now on my cyclone as you can see in the attached pics.

Also see that I managed to squeeze my VX Pro and KO 301 onto the car JUST, the rx is right up against the servo lug and the speedo just squeezed in between the rx and middle bulkhead.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-02.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-04.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-06.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-11.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-14.jpg  

Old 10-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

WOW, SWEET CAR!
Old 10-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

Skill- Nice car. Where did you get the alum. knuckles from? I have broken 2 now and would maybe like to upgrade to them. If you could post a link that would be sweet. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

hey guys i'm thinking about selling my xray to get me a cyclone, but speedtech is sold out, what's another good place to order from?
Old 10-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

i just placed my order at nexus racing. i talked to them and they seem a easy to deal with. check them out.

www.nexusracing.net
Old 10-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

thanks, seems to be a little cheaper than speedtech.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

A

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.