Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
very impress with the quality of the kit. only 1 minor handfitting of parts..the diff gear on the front one-way. if you buy it from Stormer Hobbies..only $420.00 it's approx. only $20-30 more than the YOK. BD...
yes..the car has alot of HPI parts..escpecially the suspension is all Pro4. HPI and HB announced the merger a few month ago...but they have been co-habintating in the same building for a year or more ...
hope to give it a shakedown test drive sometime this weekend...
Zombie.....you know I asked you tons of question about Pro 4 before, now...someone paid me high $ for my pro 4, so I need a new ride....and need your opinion....

FK05 or Cyclone.....? I am not sure you had Fk05 or not, but in our local track, FK05 has the biggest group, then some RDX and Losi, I might be the first one to ride with the Cyclone....
I sold my Pro 4, but kept all my Pro 4 options (like toe blocks, sway bars and arms/knuckles) Just in case I will get the Cyclone....

So, if you say Cylcone, I will get cyclone.....Thanks bud.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leini
and all of us managed to get in the a-main. the race was won by marc rheinard in front of steven weiss and steen gravesen.
Anywhere we can see a report and photos of this race?
Old 10-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

photos maybe in the next few days. i think V12 made some pics of my car and some others. he should post them then....
if you are interested in i can post a setup we used. its for sorex 28....
Old 10-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

yes, please post your setups..
Old 10-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Zombie.....you know I asked you tons of question about Pro 4 before, now...someone paid me high $ for my pro 4, so I need a new ride....and need your opinion....

FK05 or Cyclone.....? I am not sure you had Fk05 or not, but in our local track, FK05 has the biggest group, then some RDX and Losi, I might be the first one to ride with the Cyclone....
I sold my Pro 4, but kept all my Pro 4 options (like toe blocks, sway bars and arms/knuckles) Just in case I will get the Cyclone....

So, if you say Cylcone, I will get cyclone.....Thanks bud.
you got some big buck$ for your pro4...that's great... I see a handfull of them on the "for Sale" threads..

FK05 or Cyclone... tough decision... indeed.
FK05, RDX are both great cars...never owned either of them but I've seen them race at our track...both are equally impressive. I did own the Yok BD. the build quality is equal to the Cyclone..now if I could only get the Cyclone drivetrain as free at the BD.
btw... I did own the Xray Evo2... sold it after 1 day of racing. shocks were no good. had to upgrade to aluminum bodies to make the shocks work half way decent.... the front hubs tend to deform during a hard crash.. again you have to upgrade to the spring steel version to make the car more durable. sway bars are not included as well. But I will compliment Xray/Hudy for having the highest quality of any kit on the market.
In Time.. I'm sure the cyclone will be a great car. It will be in the hands of more racers... and we'll definately see more set-up for the car and especially from Hara, Surikarn and the rest of the HPI/HB race team....

Deep down I'm sure you want the Cyclone. .. why else keep the parts?.
you could have sold the Pro4 sway bars... they don't fit and the cyclone come with a complete set front and rear. There's a good deal right now on the for sale thread.. NIB for $390 shipped Via EMS/insured from HK. seller has assured me that the bulkheads are correct.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just tested the Cyclone at my local track yesterday. My first impressions are:

1. Ultra smooth diff and drive train - The diff seems to be smoother than my 415
2. Well balanced
3. Precise and responsive
4. Lots of steering n traction
5. Ultra smooth Tamiya-like shocks - vast improvement from Pro4 shocks
6. Easy access to diff and spur - unlike the Pro4
7. Runs well out of the box with kit set-up
8. Parts quality is superior-no need to worry about spending on hop-up parts

No regrets so far.

Could have been better if all aluminium parts were anodised purple.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

I have completed my car to and i am loving the black and purple the build was easy because it's almost if youre looking in a pro4 manual only about 4 or 6 pages are different.

- Many Hpi Parts
- The overall look
- The singe bell steering
- The compleet set of sway bars

Dislikes
- Those Shock collars you have to hold youre fingers on the caps and than screw the shock collars i find this bad because i paid 404 euro's voor the cyclone but i have put on the pro4 shock collars and that is easyer but with the pro4 you don't have to hold the shock cap why ?

greetings hollowman and excause my for my english i'am from holland
Old 10-03-2005, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default Diff Bolts

I took my cyclones to the local track this weekend and tried both of them on the track. One was with a 19-turn motor and the other was with a Brushless. Both cars eventually suffered from the same problem of the front diff bolts shearing off at the head. Anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this from happening? I went through three bolts in one day. Other than that the car was on it's way to having a good setup (aside from driver error )
Old 10-03-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

pics from the CS Open race can be found here: http://lagavulin.la.funpic.de/

we basically used the same setup with some minor changes. heres mine:

sorex 28 tyres with jb blue thin inserts and orion hard wheels.cs high grip additive was used. we used stratus 3 and mazda bodys.

front

shock tower hole 2
no anti roll bar
1mm under camber link
shock in hole 1 on arm
0° inborad toe-out
1mm higher rollcenter
camber link hole 4
camber 1,5°
castor 4°
ride height 5,25mm
droop 6
one way
no toe angle
additive 15 minutes before the run
2-hole piston
40wt orion oil (we did not test other shock setup due to lack of time) with black foam
hpi gold springs

rear

shock tower hole 2
no anti roll bar
1mm under camber link
shock in hole 2 on arm
3° toe-in
1mm higher rollcenter
camber link hole 4, hole 1 outboard with no shims there
camber 2°
ride height 5,25mm
droop 5
additive 45 minutes before the run
2-hole piston
40wt orion oil (we did not test other shock setup due to lack of time) with black foam
hpi silver springs

ackerman 4mm shims
wheelbase original, front and rear widths too.

track was medium grip but lots of steering....

hope i can help with that.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
you got some big buck$ for your pro4...that's great... I see a handfull of them on the "for Sale" threads..

FK05 or Cyclone... tough decision... indeed.
FK05, RDX are both great cars...never owned either of them but I've seen them race at our track...both are equally impressive. I did own the Yok BD. the build quality is equal to the Cyclone..now if I could only get the Cyclone drivetrain as free at the BD.
btw... I did own the Xray Evo2... sold it after 1 day of racing. shocks were no good. had to upgrade to aluminum bodies to make the shocks work half way decent.... the front hubs tend to deform during a hard crash.. again you have to upgrade to the spring steel version to make the car more durable. sway bars are not included as well. But I will compliment Xray/Hudy for having the highest quality of any kit on the market.
In Time.. I'm sure the cyclone will be a great car. It will be in the hands of more racers... and we'll definately see more set-up for the car and especially from Hara, Surikarn and the rest of the HPI/HB race team....

Deep down I'm sure you want the Cyclone. .. why else keep the parts?.
you could have sold the Pro4 sway bars... they don't fit and the cyclone come with a complete set front and rear. There's a good deal right now on the for sale thread.. NIB for $390 shipped Via EMS/insured from HK. seller has assured me that the bulkheads are correct.
Zombie.........dude, you just read my mine.......completely, inside and out.
My cost of the cyclone is about the same, so that really doesn't matter where I get it..........the question is, should I get it.
Is Cyclone a good foam car.......? Cause I might run stock foam and 19T foam with this one.........
Old 10-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Zombie.........dude, you just read my mine.......completely, inside and out.
My cost of the cyclone is about the same, so that really doesn't matter where I get it..........the question is, should I get it.
Is Cyclone a good foam car.......? Cause I might run stock foam and 19T foam with this one.........
The chassis flexes... hopefully HPI/HB will release the stiffer chassis soon.
I'll be sending my stock chassis to my contact to get a 3.3mm chassis and upperdeck done... the one he made for my BD was super stiff.
With a stiffer chassis...I would say the Cyclone will be a great car for carpet Foam racing. even the FK05 has 3 chassis options... 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 carpet chassis...

I'd say go for it and get one....
Old 10-03-2005, 10:37 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Leini
photos maybe in the next few days. i think V12 made some pics of my car and some others. he should post them then....
if you are interested in i can post a setup we used. its for sorex 28....
I´m sorry I have very few pictures. Most of the pictures just are bad quality this time. There are left just 2 pictures from Leinis Cyclone.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-img_3515-2.jpg  
Old 10-03-2005, 10:39 AM
V12
Tech Elite

2nd
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-img_3517-2.jpg  
Old 10-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

TIR has the World's CVD available now
and soon will be releasing 2 versions of their spool:

CVD
http://www.titaniumracing.com/produc...um=316&mnu=151

US spec Spool
http://www.titaniumracing.com/produc...um=314&mnu=150

Pro-compitition Spool
http://www.titaniumracing.com/produc...um=321&mnu=154
Old 10-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

TiR needs to make some Pro-Competition spools for the BD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.