Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
nexus racing - justo got my kit today. thanks for all. great service and fast shipping..
No problem. Check your pm

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
it should might be a little slow...
I think that's the hight torque version.
Hey rc-zombies,
Didn't you see pics somewhere of a dremeled front bridge (toe block) that left room for the steering parts when adding spacers underneath the bridge? Where are those?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing

Hey rc-zombies,
Didn't you see pics somewhere of a dremeled front bridge (toe block) that left room for the steering parts when adding spacers underneath the bridge? Where are those?
haven't seen those pics...
I put 1mm spacers under mine...and have no problem with clearance.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thanks rc-zombie,

As for the tamiya univ., the drive shaft is a little shorter, and the axle is the same but the mounting hole for the drive shaft is a little more to the outside so all togehter its almost the same length. Plus the tamiya axles have two sets of pin holes for mounting the drive shaft, so when one wears out you can switch it to the other.

I haven't run it at SWR yet, only on carpet at Stockton last Sat. with my new Novak Brushless. So I didn't do to well with breaking every run and trying to fing the rollout for the Brushless, but Billy and I are going to go next Wendsday night.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

haven't seen those pics...
I put 1mm spacers under mine...and have no problem with clearance.
Hmmm...I thought I saw you post something about a dremel fix.

The problem is when I want to add 1.5mm of spacers (like in one of hara's setups). It will give clearance at rest, but when I configure any significant amount of droop, the turnbuckle will hit the bridge when the suspension lifts. It gets even worse if I want to increase the ackerman.

I have 1mm under the bridge right now and it seems OK...but just on the edge. I was making these changes rather quickly on a race day, so I have not had a chance to look at it more closely...
Old 10-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well after being out of the hobby for about 5 or 6 years i'll be comming back sometime in the new year. And my choice of weapon will be the cyclone
Old 10-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When i get my Cyclone is there anything eles i should be getting?
Old 10-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Hmmm...I thought I saw you post something about a dremel fix.

The problem is when I want to add 1.5mm of spacers (like in one of hara's setups). It will give clearance at rest, but when I configure any significant amount of droop, the turnbuckle will hit the bridge when the suspension lifts. It gets even worse if I want to increase the ackerman.

I have 1mm under the bridge right now and it seems OK...but just on the edge. I was making these changes rather quickly on a race day, so I have not had a chance to look at it more closely...
ah...yes... I did say that...before I tested it out... now I'm running 6mm of droop..and clearance is not an issue. I'll probably dremel mine a little bit before I send out the toe-blocks to get purplized...
Old 10-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Does all the aluminum parts come anodized purple or black? My friend just got his and his is ALL purple. Very nice! I'll have to post pix of it the next time I see him.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Scott B
Thanks rc-zombie,

As for the tamiya univ., the drive shaft is a little shorter, and the axle is the same but the mounting hole for the drive shaft is a little more to the outside so all togehter its almost the same length. Plus the tamiya axles have two sets of pin holes for mounting the drive shaft, so when one wears out you can switch it to the other.

I haven't run it at SWR yet, only on carpet at Stockton last Sat. with my new Novak Brushless. So I didn't do to well with breaking every run and trying to fing the rollout for the Brushless, but Billy and I are going to go next Wendsday night.
breaking... you need a p-dub bumper... or one of the p-dub me too's...Parma makes one now... super light and stiff... I'll be installing one this weekend.
or you can cut up some Kydex to make a wider bumper or do what every Pro4 racer is doing...using the bud's TC3 wide bumper plate.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JoeyE
Does all the aluminum parts come anodized purple or black? My friend just got his and his is ALL purple. Very nice! I'll have to post pix of it the next time I see him.
all black... only the turnbuckles and toe blocks are purple.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

or one of the p-dub me too's...
That is funny........... they all come from one source.

Rubberneck Racing.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hara hangs out here in Thailand a lot with Surikarn. I heard that Hara has a gf in Chaing Mai, haha. Maybe I'll have to get a Cyclone. I'll post pix of my friends purple Cyclone when he is finished putting it together.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:32 AM
Tech Addict

Raced last night on foams on carpet. Took a couple of heats to get a good setup and then the car was great. I ended up qualifying 2nd from a lower heat. In the final I got away well and then after a couple of laps collided with someone who was on the opposite side of the track. After that I made another couple of mistakes and then broke the ball stud which goes into the servo saver. I think I need to get some titanium ones of those

One thing that I did notice however is that my turnbuckle for the steering was rubbing on the F/R block, with no spacing on the block. I did rebuild the servo saver after the last race but I can't see anything that I put back together wrong.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Does anyone know when the carpet chassis will be out? I think it will be 3.5mm....

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Hara raced 4mm so i dont now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.