Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What's a good setup for running Sorex 28 tires on a really high grip carpet track, with a 13.5 BL motor? Most of the team setups I see are using different tires, full mod motors, on unknown surfaces. Oh yeah, I'm using a front one-way now, haven't really tried a spool yet.

Last edited by Stealth_RT; 10-23-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Cyclone Starting Pinion size

I have a LRP 5.5 Brushless system, I will be using in cyclone s. The factory spur is a 96. What size pinion should I start with. Also Is there a size issue with the pinion. If so what is the largest size that fits. I was thinking a 31tooth might be a good starting point but I'm not sure.
I have seen a setup with a 108spur and a 35tooth pinion. with the 5.5 brushless. So do I need to change the spur as well?

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

more camber change = ??? what more grip or less grip , more steering or less ???
less camber change = ??? what more grip less grip ?????
Old 10-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Oops thought i was in the S thread.

Edited that post.....

Last edited by mangoman; 10-23-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Typically when you move the camber link to the outer position on the read hub carrier, it will make the rear of the car really lazy.

Of course, this isn't always entirely true. It also depends on the amount of traction available on the surface. So I would just give it a shot, and see how ya like it

Hope that helped you some.

-Korey

Hope that helps.
Thank you Korey
I understand, just so ya know it I print most of your post for future reference, you have help me put this stuff all together and I like the way you explain things.
Thanks for your time!
Old 10-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

hi , whats the efect of more camber change or less camber change , what does it do , less grip , or more grip .......
What do you mean "it will make the car slighish or lazy .
Old 10-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Typically more camber change results in more grip, less camber change gives less grip. But like I said, it really depends on the track surface. It's something you'll just have to play with a little bit.

-Korey
Old 10-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hey guys

I have a toe in issue on my TC at the rear, it's basically showing 3.5 toe in on the left and 2.5 on the right and im using the 3 degree block. Has anyone had this problem any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Adrian
Old 10-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vazzo
Hey guys

I have a toe in issue on my TC at the rear, it's basically showing 3.5 toe in on the left and 2.5 on the right and im using the 3 degree block. Has anyone had this problem any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Adrian
The only way you will ever solve this problem is to get alum hubs or tamiya rear hubs. It's an existing problem that you'll get a PC answer for from the sponsored guys but if you want it fixed do one of the above mentioned steps.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Typically more camber change results in more grip, less camber change gives less grip. But like I said, it really depends on the track surface. It's something you'll just have to play with a little bit.

-Korey
Hi , but what do you mean "it will make the car lazy or slugish "

Originally Posted by vazzo
Hey guys

Cheers
Adrian
Yep like STLNLST said get the alu hub.
I have checked my toe at the back and mine is equal with plastic.
But i think im going to get the alu hub
Old 10-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Lazy or sluggish meaning it wont transfer weight around quick enough or it won't react quick enough on that end of the car.

-Korey
Old 10-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

Ahhh know i understand when people mean lazy .
would shorter link give more camber change or longer links would give more camber change ??
Whats better for my track ??
Also , whats the efect of less shims under the rear links , would it help change direction quicker ??? whats does it do?
Old 10-24-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Cyclone Speed, if you ever want to read a setup book that may help you understand a little more about setups, see if you can borrow an "XRAY SETUP GUIDE BOOK" if you can borrow one at the track. The book comes with all Xray car Kits. I keep one with me, since i have had those cars before.....It wont answer all the questions, but, you really should study it and try to understand what effects will do....BUT, IT ALL DEPENDS ON TRACK CONDITIONS.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Cyclone Speed, if you ever want to read a setup book that may help you understand a little more about setups, see if you can borrow an "XRAY SETUP GUIDE BOOK" if you can borrow one at the track. The book comes with all Xray car Kits. I keep one with me, since i have had those cars before.....It wont answer all the questions, but, you really should study it and try to understand what effects will do....BUT, IT ALL DEPENDS ON TRACK CONDITIONS.
Well i do have the book but i remember asking would having more shims under link infront , would it give more on power steering .This is what the book said lower RC (less shims in front) = more on power steering.
And when i asked somebody if it was true (lower front RC ) and people said " no , i dont see wy it should give more on power steering.
So thats why im asking people , because the book doesnt say everything like camber change or shorter links ....
Thats why i ask people
Old 10-24-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

for me, yes lower inner link(more angled down) in the front will generate more camber, resulting more traction(more steering) in different part of the turns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.