Old 08-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

BOO YEAH!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
are the old lower bulkheads the same as the ones on the new TC?
The older ones are almost exactly the same. The only difference is the older ones had a slight bevel on all the edges of the parts so they looked "rounded". The newer TC versions are just plain, with no beveled edges. So geometrically they are the same, but visually they are a little different.

-Korey
Old 08-22-2008, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

hi guys , i have two question please.

first question: is there any benefit of buying the 2 wayfront diff of the cyclone TC and the pro spec ball diff to put on my moorspeed.

second question: why does the cyclone TC has a plastic belt tensionner , plastic bearing cover , and differente sway bar mount then the moor speed . whats the benefit of all that .
also the rear lower suspension why is there suspension mounting holes on both side aswell as the sway bar mount .

Thank you
Old 08-22-2008, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Hi Guys
Could someone please point me in the right direction of a editable setup sheet for the TC Clone
Cheers Malc
Old 08-22-2008, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
hi guys , i have two question please.

first question: is there any benefit of buying the 2 wayfront diff of the cyclone TC and the pro spec ball diff to put on my moorspeed.

second question: why does the cyclone TC has a plastic belt tensionner , plastic bearing cover , and differente sway bar mount then the moor speed . whats the benefit of all that .
also the rear lower suspension why is there suspension mounting holes on both side aswell as the sway bar mount .

Thank you
Not much need for the two-way unless youre often changing between one-way and spool. Otherwise its a bit on the heavy side.

The belt tensioner locates better keeping it straight in relation to the topdeck at all times.
The plastic bearing holders reduce vibrations and finally the sway bar mounts these help the sway bars to move more freely and consistently, in addition they are far easier to adjust.
The reverse-able wishbones are used on both front and rear, they offer more tuning opportunities.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here you go. Not quite as neat but works for me.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stew Noble
The reverse-able wishbones are used on both front and rear, they offer more tuning opportunities.
Are the opportunities for a longer/shorter wheel base ???? (if yes) Is there more the new wishbones will change ???

Thank you
Old 08-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lazer Guy
Are the opportunities for a longer/shorter wheel base ???? (if yes) Is there more the new wishbones will change ???

Thank you
longer wheelbase will make the care more stable and better in high speed turns ( wide open tracks)

shorter wheelbase will make the car feel nimble and its good for small tight tracks.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Thank you

The added options are the extra holes for the lower shock mounting position
Old 08-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thank you
The new arms are not for wheel base tuning per se...that you will still do with shims on the hinge pins. The new arms allow you to reverse them for fine tuning shock hole positions, which is pretty cool, like the WCE shock towers which have the in between holes for finer shock position adjustments.

Later

Yohan
Old 08-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
The new arms are not for wheel base tuning per se...that you will still do with shims on the hinge pins. The new arms allow you to reverse them for fine tuning shock hole positions, which is pretty cool, like the WCE shock towers which have the in between holes for finer shock position adjustments.

Later

Yohan
Old 08-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
The older ones are almost exactly the same. The only difference is the older ones had a slight bevel on all the edges of the parts so they looked "rounded". The newer TC versions are just plain, with no beveled edges. So geometrically they are the same, but visually they are a little different.

-Korey
wow so HB japan re-tooled to make the lower bulkheads look a little different? now the Hara/WCE bulkheads are discontinued and if you bend one you have to buy the new TC ones?
Old 08-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

I didn't know that the older bulkheads are discontinued... I'll check into it though. If they are, then the TC ones are a drop in replacement. They just look a tiny bit different.

-Korey
Old 08-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Just checked... HB USA has the older style front and rear bullheads in stock as well. So if you needed some spares they have them in stock
Old 08-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Korey- Kick ass job as usual bro Too bad you're not running HB USA I am finally changing over my belts and pullies to the 18tooth. I am only going to run 13.5 and 10.5 until maybe March so my mod's will be collecting dust. Going to lighten the car up for club racing just a bit. I don't have to worry about weight until the Ko race in October so I will be running a little light and see if that changes anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.