R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2007, 11:04 PM   #8941
Tech Elite
 
fjm9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 3,003
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

yes. lower is more toque, if that is what you want to call it
__________________
Xray '007 US and a bunch of other outdated stuff
fjm9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #8942
Tech Initiate
 
sk1pp3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ooltewah, TN
Posts: 36
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to sk1pp3r
Default

I thought it works the other way. The lower FDR like 5 gives more top speed. and something like 8 would rip the wheels loose but lower your top speed.
sk1pp3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:33 PM   #8943
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 495
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

This is what I thought also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1pp3r View Post
I thought it works the other way. The lower FDR like 5 gives more top speed. and something like 8 would rip the wheels loose but lower your top speed.
__________________
Hot Bodies Cyclone
Xray T2 007
KO Helios
Duratrax ICE
porschejim911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #8944
Tech Elite
 
fjm9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 3,003
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

haha my bad. teaches me to post at 2 am... yea my post was wrong. you guys are right.
__________________
Xray '007 US and a bunch of other outdated stuff
fjm9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:21 PM   #8945
Tech Master
 
Deves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 769
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
anyone need a set of Purple motor mounts? excellent condition..came off from Hara Edition. $20.00 shipped.
RC-zombies, the package arrived the other day Thanks!
Deves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #8946
Tech Master
 
Deves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 769
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Anybody running 48 pitch gears on large tracks?
Deves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #8947
Tech Adept
 
Cyclone Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kent Wa
Posts: 106
Default

Has anyone had any problems with the center one-way?

Yesterday after running a couple of packs through the car, mine was slipping. I figured that maybe it just needed to be cleaned and re-lubed. I tried to clean it using some alcohol and found that the bearings were falling out and the caging around the bearings was falling apart.

I thought this was kind of odd for it really not being that old, maybe 30 packs run through the car.

This could get expensive at $34 a pop. Has anyone tried a solid center pulley, if so what parts did you use? Would you just use the same pulley that they use for the rear?
Cyclone Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #8948
Tech Apprentice
 
g_mabry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Brandon, MS
Posts: 69
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Charlie View Post
This could get expensive at $34 a pop. Has anyone tried a solid center pulley, if so what parts did you use? Would you just use the same pulley that they use for the rear?
Use center direct shaft part #70743 and pulley #70725. It is the same pulley as the rear.
g_mabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #8949
Tech Adept
 
Cyclone Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kent Wa
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_mabry View Post
Use center direct shaft part #70743 and pulley #70725. It is the same pulley as the rear.
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Do you use the center one-way if you use a front spool?
Cyclone Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #8950
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Charlie View Post
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Do you use the center one-way if you use a front spool?
most of the situation, people run locked in center when the front is spool. but of-course the center one way is another option.

HB
Hiro
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #8951
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,985
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Charlie View Post
Has anyone had any problems with the center one-way?

Yesterday after running a couple of packs through the car, mine was slipping. I figured that maybe it just needed to be cleaned and re-lubed. I tried to clean it using some alcohol and found that the bearings were falling out and the caging around the bearings was falling apart.

I thought this was kind of odd for it really not being that old, maybe 30 packs run through the car.

This could get expensive at $34 a pop. Has anyone tried a solid center pulley, if so what parts did you use? Would you just use the same pulley that they use for the rear?


there is really no nead for the center one way i found the car worked better with the looked pully
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #8952
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Isn't using a spool with a one-way center defeating the purpose of the spool? You still can't brake without spinning out most of the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
most of the situation, people run locked in center when the front is spool. but of-course the center one way is another option.

HB
Hiro
dorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:04 AM   #8953
Tech Master
 
xray racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 1,570
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Dorick,

From what i've found, if running a front One-way and the car just needs that little bit extra grip in the rear end, using a spool in the front and a center-one way can help give a little more rear grip.

It settles the car down a little.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Robbie
__________________
Robbie Lloyd

Yokomo * HobbyWing * Sanwa
xray racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:19 AM   #8954
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi all.. my version 1 dog bone gave way today.. one of them was slightly bent at the end of my run.. oddly enough there was no impact at all. Anyways i called my hobby shops and most of them seem to be out of stock on the dog bones.. most of them only stock tamiya parts, would a trf cvd work on the cyclone? if not how damaging is it to run a bent dog bone on my cyclone? i'm running it with a 5.5r novak. its only very slightly bent, would it hold up for a few more runs? thanks!
dorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:56 AM   #8955
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Holland
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deves View Post
Anybody running 48 pitch gears on large tracks?
Yes, I do in Holland. How can I help you?
Z
rcpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 08:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 08:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 08:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 03:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 06:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:23 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net