R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #8611
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Guy's
Have many of you broke your Servo saver body ( the purple 75143a peice) I have now broke 2 of these and have found them very weak. They have broke where the collar threads on. One during a smash and one while doing up the collar.
Is there a repalacement stronger part that anyone knows of.
Have many of you guys had this problem or is it my brute strength that just does it.
BTW Simon
that setup for bumpy low grip tracks is a real hit I have sent over 20 to other guy's.

Thanks Addam
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #8612
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Chun View Post
Hi Guy's
Have many of you broke your Servo saver body ( the purple 75143a peice) I have now broke 2 of these and have found them very weak. They have broke where the collar threads on. One during a smash and one while doing up the collar.
Have many of you guys had this problem or is it my brute strength that just does it.
BTW Simon
that setup for bumpy low grip tracks is a real hit I have sent over 20 to other guy's.

Thanks Addam

Ive broken 2 of them while tightening on the collar and broken 1 on the track. they are very brittle.
A Ilievski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:44 PM   #8613
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
why does my cobalt stock motor run so dang hot?

i cant keep this dumb thing cool, not with fans, not with gearing... i mean, whats it take?

and then to top that crap, my ib's dont take in over 4000 mah!!!! im getting mad at this junk, my charger is set all right, i have tried everything.... they are new, 7 runs on each of them... is that good to where they are suposed to take full mah or?
Your motor may be hot because you have it over geared, tuned wrong, or are over driving the car. Are you racing or bashing?

If you are not dumping your IB's to all the way to 0 they will not take a full. mah charge. I would not pay to much attention to that. Unless they are way below 4000. If they are all doing it I would say normal. Or its the charger.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 PM   #8614
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

what part r u talking about exactly? since you guys are breaking them i guess i would look into getting spares for nats
Old 06-03-2007, 11:33 PM   #8615
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

Quote:
Hi Guy's
BTW Simon

Thanks Addam
Hi Addam,

Glad to hear that the setup is a hit with all... even if it does mean that it will be harder to win. Still... I'd rather see Cyclones flying fast then trundling around slow.

As far as your question about the servo saver post (the part with the thread on it), I have broken mine once on my Surikarn kit where the thread was. Never nice having your steering all floppy. Sad part is that I never looked at it until the Saturday night of our nationals in Queensland, and I was wondering why my car felt disjointed.

I didn't have a spare but I still had enough thread to do it up, provided that I didn't use the spring, so effectively I had no servo saver on the car. I ran it like that for the next few months without a hitch!

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #8616
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjm9898 View Post
what part r u talking about exactly? since you guys are breaking them i guess i would look into getting spares for nats
This is the parts number
75143a
I am so glad that a few of you had broke your because I was going to blame my MUSCLES
Simon
I will be 107 years old before I beat you.
Addam
Old 06-04-2007, 12:20 AM   #8617
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

Quote:
Simon
I will be 107 years old before I beat you.
Addam
Pah, never say never.

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:21 AM   #8618
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wanted to post, Yesterday was my first outing with the BMI Chassis and it was AWESOME. what a difference over the stock one on pavement, the best upgrade i have bought.
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:22 AM   #8619
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Pookyt said your car looked really good. I ran my Surikarn at the BTH last year and it was really good. Make sure to give Pookyt a love tap for me next time yall race.
BillyCaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:44 AM   #8620
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes the car was Pretty GOOD, just a little fine line tuning and it should be online,

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 AM   #8621
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
my ib's dont take in over 4000 mah!!!
Um probably not the best thread to be asking battery and motor questions but dont discharge your IBs and leave them for more than a day or so discharged.

If you are stock racing you dont need more than 3000 mah, as long as the batteries still have good volts why are you worried?

My batteries are about the same taking about 4000 charge from about .9 but still feel strong at the end of 5 minutes of 19T. It only takes out about 2200 for a 5 minute run including a couple laps of warmups.

If your motor is running hotter than other peoples than the most likely reasons are you have it geared wrong, you have a dud or you are not maintaining your motors. How do you know its hot what is the temperature, and what is the temperature of other peoples who are running the same rollout.
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #8622
Tech Master

Hey Ice
Post some pic's of your new Chassis,
Addam
Old 06-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #8623
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
Your motor may be hot because you have it over geared, tuned wrong, or are over driving the car. Are you racing or bashing?

If you are not dumping your IB's to all the way to 0 they will not take a full. mah charge. I would not pay to much attention to that. Unless they are way below 4000. If they are all doing it I would say normal. Or its the charger.

but isnt over geared making the speedo hot? and under geared is a hot motor?

im racing.. i have used fans and all, and it runs hot.. i guess maybe im still under geared?

and u know i think it mite be my charger, i am discharging them to .9 volts, and then charging them back up at 5.5 amps, and theres all the lil settings that i have been told to charge them at. or are they just nt cycled yet and are being a pita? because i thought it was my 2 fans killing it, but then i went and looked at the numbers and the charger only puts in 4000 or less, every time so far on bolth
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #8624
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
Um probably not the best thread to be asking battery and motor questions but dont discharge your IBs and leave them for more than a day or so discharged.

If you are stock racing you dont need more than 3000 mah, as long as the batteries still have good volts why are you worried?

My batteries are about the same taking about 4000 charge from about .9 but still feel strong at the end of 5 minutes of 19T. It only takes out about 2200 for a 5 minute run including a couple laps of warmups.

If your motor is running hotter than other peoples than the most likely reasons are you have it geared wrong, you have a dud or you are not maintaining your motors. How do you know its hot what is the temperature, and what is the temperature of other peoples who are running the same rollout.

i know that, but either they are dumping, or the motor is not performing because of the heat.... it running at 160+, doesnt smell lik its burning, but idk how hot these things can get before they start performing worse

i maintain it, i always clean it up good, i get my comm cut from racers, replace the brushes etc.... the comm harldy ever get marks on it when i clean it, i put 4 runs max on it before it gets torn down and all sprayed out and all that, and about 9 runs before a cut and brushes
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #8625
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
it will fit.
Cool, thanks for the info Pro.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Elboogie is offline   Reply With Quote