Hot Bodies Cyclone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Initiate

you are right! thanks for pointing that out to me . i had stopped using diffs completely quite early on with this car (i've been using 2 spools since then), and it wasn't something i realized it could do when i was still using diffs.

Originally Posted by Skill
I'm not quite sure you understand how you can adjust the tension of the ball diff on the cyclone. In the outdrives there is a small hole, which you line up with the slot on the screw head, and stick a rod of some sort in and you can then adjust the tension. No dismantling needed whatsoever, easy.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skill
I'm not quite sure you understand how you can adjust the tension of the ball diff on the cyclone. In the outdrives there is a small hole, which you line up with the slot on the screw head, and stick a rod of some sort in and you can then adjust the tension. No dismantling needed whatsoever, easy.
because right now the Corally Phi and MI3 the only unscrew 2 screw then can take out the whole diff and adjust belt tension. so they would think that HB should follow this concept.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Doucakis
I got confused.
At the beginning of your post you mention that all electronics are opposite to the battery, at the left side of the chassis, same side as the motor as you are using a 6 cell configuration.
This makes perfect sence as with 6 cells the chassis is well balanced having all electronics on the left side (motor side) and the 6 cell pack on its own on the right side.

but
further on, you mention that you placed your receiver at the same place as I did, with the personal AMB in front of the cells.
Is this still with 6 cells or you changed to 5 cells?
If it is with 6 cells, it will be pretty tight to place the receiver on the battery side, as I have used the space of the 6th cell to place the receiver.

I am waiting to see your photos.
Okay, sorry to confuse. On the Motor side of the chassis, I have the Motor, Servo and LRP Sphere Speedy. On the battery side of the car, I have the Spektrum Micro Reciever, and the AMB Transponder. I have found that ever since we have been running with brushless motors, etc, that the weight balance had been shifted to the motor side. So, to combat this (and to get more cooling to the Speed Controller), I have wired my electronics as explained.

Pictures will tell the true story... I will post them as soon as I can (going away this weekend so maybe in a few days). BTW - Love the photos and prep work you do on your cars mate, the best looking chassis going around!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
new tires...
move the rear shocks 1 hole inward.
running the car today and race day will be completely different...
on race day the track is fully prepped and traction is very high...
during the week...SWR track is only blown...no traction sauce is applied... Friday's before race the day...the track is fully prepped for Sat. Racing.

yeh i noteced that, my tired got very worn, and right when i can out of pit lane it was REALLY slippery, and in the super tight turns, all the rain washed almost all the traction

my shocks are already in the last holes.... and on frieday i guess there a bunch of ppl there? because race is tomrow a? i want to go, but having the whole track to myslef was nice
Old 04-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F. Alonso
Okay, sorry to confuse. On the Motor side of the chassis, I have the Motor, Servo and LRP Sphere Speedy. On the battery side of the car, I have the Spektrum Micro Reciever, and the AMB Transponder. I have found that ever since we have been running with brushless motors, etc, that the weight balance had been shifted to the motor side. So, to combat this (and to get more cooling to the Speed Controller), I have wired my electronics as explained.

Pictures will tell the true story... I will post them as soon as I can (going away this weekend so maybe in a few days). BTW - Love the photos and prep work you do on your cars mate, the best looking chassis going around!
i ran the same set up on my cyclone but i had the futaba 9550 servo and i only needed to add 1/2 ounce on the battery side to balance the car.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

is this heat sink, fan any good?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNDP3&P=7

in my price range, and if it works i want it, motor runs kinda hot during practice because i drive so long, so a cooler running motor can never hurt lol

or anything in that price? no more then like 40 bucks, but im open to all that is out there
Old 04-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Initiate

oh btw what i wrote 'bout point # 3 is moot since Skill pointed out to me the correct way to adjust the tension on the diff lol

Originally Posted by sidewaysdriver6
point #2 - nothing's "hard" here per se... but see my earlier post above...

point # 3 - iirc there are some cars on the market that allow you to adjust the tension of the diff by just sticking, through a small opening, a hex screwdriver into the diff, without dismantling any part of the chassis... i think the sprint 2's ball diff? not too sure, but the designs that allow for it are there... whether it's a better design/gives better performance i don't know, but it's sure easier to adjust... if the cyclone can have a diff that provides that ease of tuning while keeping the same level of performance or better, why not?

would you prefer to :
a) pick up your car, stick a hex screwdriver and adjust the diff tension, then run your car straight away. diff tension's not right? just repeat.

b) pick up your car, dismantle some parts, adjust the diff tension, re-assemble some parts, then drive your car, and if the tension's not right, repeat these steps again.

EDIT : think i remember better about this now - on the sprint 2's ball diff, iirc you can stick a small shaft or hex screwdriver into one part of the ball diff, and then adjust the tension of the diff by holding the shaft/screwdriver stationary and then turning one of the wheels to tighten/loosen the diff. this can be done without dismantling any parts

point # 4 - yes they are similar, but can they be improved for easier maintenance?

point # 5 - can't argue with that!

point # 6 - see point # 4...

the topic on discussion here is what improvements would you want to see, and not whether the cyclone's features are similar to what's found in other pro cars, because the designs are gonna be similar but that doesn't mean things can't be improved upon...

hope i didn't step on too many toes here... i'll try to go back to lurking mode now

and oh, just like to add, designing a car that is faster/easier to maintain and adjust = more time and fun on the track!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Initiate

btw i know 3racing has some similar designs, you can check them out too :
3racing heatsinks

never used these so can't comment on their performance.

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
is this heat sink, fan any good?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNDP3&P=7

in my price range, and if it works i want it, motor runs kinda hot during practice because i drive so long, so a cooler running motor can never hurt lol

or anything in that price? no more then like 40 bucks, but im open to all that is out there
Old 04-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidewaysdriver6
btw i know 3racing has some similar designs, you can check them out too :
3racing heatsinks

never used these so can't comment on their performance.
Thats what I run. My 3.5 hasnt broke 100 degrees (F).
Old 04-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Thats what I run. My 3.5 hasnt broke 100 degrees (F).

thanks side ways!

bull, im going to get one, which one did u get? or what one works the best? the one with the fan to the side? or on top? or do they all work the same?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Moorespeed or Hara chassis

Does anyone know where I can get a MooreSpeed or Hara cyclone chassis? The original does not fit the 4200's very well without massive sanding. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Forget about the 3racing fans. The blades break one by one very easily. Seen tons of them smashed up here.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,i wanted to post some pics of our new cyclone asphalt kit.it consists of a 2.25mm chassis and 2.25mm front and rear topdecks.the chassis has an added 3mm of wheelbase adjustment over the stock chassis.it also has a reccess for tape underneath the cells as found on most of my kits along with pre beveled battery slots.the material does not fatigue like the stock materials while keeping very similar flex characteristics.the kit is going to be 109.99 plus shipping.for more details,feel free to shoot me a PM.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-cyclone-full.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-cyclone-top-deck-1.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-rear-top-deck.jpg  
Old 04-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

looking good as usual. is that that cheater 19 i see
Old 04-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
Forget about the 3racing fans. The blades break one by one very easily. Seen tons of them smashed up here.

well can u point me to a good fan? and preferably one that has a mount so it screws onto the heat sink?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.