Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Need help guys,

My BE will coming here this friday and I would like to build a front diff before or while I'm building the Kit. Does any body have the part #s of what part(s) to use, reason is I'm planning on using an Alum. diff halves and not buy the diff kit itself. Or would the plastic diff halves on the diff kit be OK. BTW I would race it mostly as stock to 19t.

TY
Old 02-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheehtae
Need help guys,

My BE will coming here this friday and I would like to build a front diff before or while I'm building the Kit. Does any body have the part #s of what part(s) to use, reason is I'm planning on using an Alum. diff halves and not buy the diff kit itself. Or would the plastic diff halves on the diff kit be OK. BTW I would race it mostly as stock to 19t.

TY
Ty,

Larry and I have been running the Delrin diffs exclusively now for about 3-4 months (including Snowbirds). We have not had 1 problem running stock or 19t. The only problem I had was this past weekend with a super hard hit that sheered one of the outdrives off. Ya, I know, it's a damn hard hit. It broke many other parts too so it was justified. Thanks again for the parts Scooby!

Just get the diff kit. You'll be fine. Part # Hot Bodies 61393

The aluminum diff halves are Hot Bodies 61332 (you can always get them later)
Old 02-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

1 more day and my Cyclone will be here!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
1 more day and my Cyclone will be here!
Good for you man, Can't wait to get a hold of mine.

tnx schreff will do that.

Last edited by cheehtae; 02-27-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

ok, is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with the shocks. When turing the collar to adjust the ride height the blody shock cap spins and its really pissing me off. Is there any other way of stopping this?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
ok, is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with the shocks. When turing the collar to adjust the ride height the blody shock cap spins and its really pissing me off. Is there any other way of stopping this?
i had that problem once and it was due to dirt in the collar
Old 02-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

marcos you were rite on the money there. i just got a tooth brush and cleaned out the dirt in them. Work fine now. Thanx mate.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
marcos you were rite on the money there. i just got a tooth brush and cleaned out the dirt in them. Work fine now. Thanx mate.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Schreff, you guys are running slower classes like stock right?
I think the aluminum outdrives are mainly for mod.

Anyway, unless something changed the black cyclone does not have upper bulkhead pieces that have the extra bracing material (like all hara/surikarn/moore cars do).
Just something else to consider when evaluating the price of the WCE.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by floodo1
Schreff, you guys are running slower classes like stock right?
I think the aluminum outdrives are mainly for mod.

Anyway, unless something changed the black cyclone does not have upper bulkhead pieces that have the extra bracing material (like all hara/surikarn/moore cars do).
Just something else to consider when evaluating the price of the WCE.
Larry has basically only run his car in stock. He's worried about breaking diff screws as he has gone through like 7 of them. Once he built his new WCE, he hasn't had a problem. I've been running my car in stock and 19t for some time now. No problems.

And yes, the black cyclone does not have the bracing on the upper bulkhead. I've been running a black cyclone since November '06. I've hit my share of things and haven't bent any aluminum on the car.

One other note... Larry and I run the exact same radio gear in our cars. At SnowBirds, his WCE needed 1.5 ounces of lead to make weight. My black cyclone needed 2.5 ounces to make weight. Believe me, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out where to put the lead. I was kinda surprised about that. Same everything except for the edition of the car. Hmmm.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Schreff, Larry, and Marcos: I have been experimenting with the rear CF brace of the Cyclone, the one that goes over the middle shaft where the Spur gear goes on...well, since the bulk heads are split on the CYclone, and what binds them together is that brace, maybe by just using just 2 screws instead of the 4 or 6, it might allow a bit more flex/traction at the rear, like the Xray MTF deal...I have tried it now, and with only 2 screws, I get a bit of understeer at front. I then use all 6, and the understeer goes away...hmmmm
Old 02-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
To all cyclone owners

I recently purchased a black version cyclone from Stormer and raced it and loved it. I am thinking of buying another one. I have the WCE edition on order at Tower. But I am thinking about just getting another black version since it is on sale. For those of you who have both the WCE and the black version, do you see any major performance differences between the two cars? I like the WCE for its bling but do you think the bling will contribute to significant performance improvements? I can imagine that certain parts on the WCE may be more sturdy. However, I can save money on buying the black version if the performance is on par with WCE. Do you think the parts on WCE will yield lower lap time compared to the black version? Please give suggestions.

Thanks
Hi there
my first post i think i made this account a whileago when i had a losi so ignore the name. i am a cyclone man
rite i race againt a normal cyclone and i run the morre speed edition now i do beat him a lot hes always in a lot lower final.
ive just about the top of the shocks moving when you undo the coller that happens to me so i may have to try going at it with a toothbrush
i think to cyclone the best car ive driven i mean comparing it to the jrxs it just kills it
Old 02-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
did you know where can i get this bumper? is that same hardness as P-Dub?
Try any online store in HK. It only sell for $6 a piece. Havent seen Pdub but its firm.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Man it sounds like the black Cyclone bracks a lot. I jus got that car too is there any parts and upgrad parts I should buy? and what sould I what parts should I watch out for on the car?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by losi09
Man it sounds like the black Cyclone bracks a lot. I jus got that car too is there any parts and upgrad parts I should buy? and what sould I what parts should I watch out for on the car?
The Cyclone is a great car that is suited for good driving skills. If you are hitting things or getting hit, the car will break, since its a bit weak in some areas. To make it strong, you need to get the following, especially if you run modified type motors: get titanium ball studs for the rear hub camber links. The stock ones tend to snap if hit hard, and it will ruin a perfectly fine Hub, since half the ball stud screw is stuck inside and there's no way of getting it out. The stock bones are also a bit fragile, and tend to bend quite easily. Get the heavy duty steel ones, or get the version 2 dog bones, which are bit beefier and stronger. Also, the rear diff- you must tighten it correctly, or you'll be pulling your hair out rebuilding it due to snapping diff screws or meltdowns...other than that, the Cyclone is great. All those issues are non-issues with the Hara and WCE kits, but you can can always upgrade parts and make them as strong and reliable as the WCE. Hope that helps...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.