R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #7246
Tech Initiate

111 will also fit. Minimum total teeth number must be at least 135.
e.g. 111/24, 110/25 etc.
By a relative "healthy" milling of the motor mount You can reduce number of total teeth to 133. It means a 111/22 or a 110/23
Mhejjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #7247
Tech Initiate

We'll race on a 24 hour endurance event this weekend. I've modified our Cyclone to be a bit more robust for this race

Old 02-21-2007, 01:30 AM   #7248
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhejjas
We'll race on a 24 hour endurance event this weekend. I've modified our Cyclone to be a bit more robust for this race

i think he means dont use many cyclone parts! (jkin)
stephen hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:43 AM   #7249
Tech Regular

Default Nice Mod!!!

Nice mod there Mhejjas. Care to share how you go about doing it? Xray's diff a direct fit onto the cyclone?
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:51 AM   #7250
Tech Regular

Default one-ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel
Nice mod there Mhejjas. Care to share how you go about doing it? Xray's diff a direct fit onto the cyclone?
hi guys how long should your oneway spin for mine seems to spin for around 5 seconds and does a more free running oneway make for better lap times? cheers t.k
Old 02-21-2007, 02:53 AM   #7251
Tech Regular

Quote:
i think he is also using xray driveshafts in the rear
Old 02-21-2007, 04:15 AM   #7252
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen hilton
i think he is also using xray driveshafts in the rear
Yup those are indeed the xray driveshafts. But, my main concern is the number of teeth on the rear pulley...if they the same as that of the cyclone pulley.
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:52 AM   #7253
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz
110 or 112 I believe. I think the 110 and 112 might require some chassis modification though. I run a 108 right now with zero modification. I believe MarcosJ posted a while back on this so he will have a better idea.
for the 110 spur

to move the motor further back

Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:40 AM   #7254
Tech Regular

I am new to the Cyclone, what I notice with most I should say all Cyclone is they have the sway bars on, is it a must that you run the sway bars? I am racing mostly on carpet with foam tires. The car I ran before was the RDX and I didn't have to use the sway bars, I just work with spring I guess because the car was very stiff I didn't have to use the sway bars.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:22 PM   #7255
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks for the advice i don't think i will be grinding any think tho i will just use the ratios availble
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:28 PM   #7256
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tez
Yeah stu, your car was by far the best car there, what the hell motor did you have in? I could try the steering lock thing.

Terry.
hey tez

the motor was no faster than anybody elses on the race track but my car just didin't slow down if you want one tho i used a co27 from smart racing using axiom motors there website is smartracing.co.uk or axiommotors.co.uk

give them a try they are pretty good
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:31 PM   #7257
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Yup those are indeed the xray driveshafts. But, my main concern is the number of teeth on the rear pulley...if they the same as that of the cyclone pulley.
The diff is basically an Xray diff. I took and older wide Cyclone pulley, and cut out the whole inside of it. Only a ring remained with the 39 teeth on it. It fits exactly on the Xray pulley (after some sanding). The two pieces are glued together with Loctite 3450 "Liquid alloy". You can see the original teeth of the Xray pulley on the parts' photo.
Xray driveshafts (and also axles and couplings) are used simply because cyclone outdrives do not fit into the Xray driveshaft slots. BTW, other dimensions of the driveshafts are exactly identical, you can use e.g. Xray axles with cyclone dogbones and xray couplings (or any other combination).
Xray axles are worth for a try: they are lighter (4g to 4.5g) and seem more durable than the original Cyclone ones. (xray axles have two different positions to secure driveshaft pins therefore they have two lives.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:34 PM   #7258
Tech Regular

Quote:
The diff is basically an Xray diff. I took and older wide Cyclone pulley, and cut out the whole inside of it. Only a ring remained with the 39 teeth on it. It fits exactly on the Xray pulley (after some sanding). The two pieces are glued together with Loctite 3450 "Liquid alloy". You can see the original teeth of the Xray pulley on the parts' photo.
Xray driveshafts (and also axles and couplings) are used simply because cyclone outdrives do not fit into the Xray driveshaft slots. BTW, other dimensions of the driveshafts are exactly identical, you can use e.g. Xray axles with cyclone dogbones and xray couplings (or any other combination).
Xray axles are worth for a try: they are lighter (4g to 4.5g) and seem more durable than the original Cyclone ones. (xray axles have two different positions to secure driveshaft pins therefore they have two lives.
have you tried the mip ones are amazing!!!!! but there not as durable as the xray ones and they dont bind at all!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #7259
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen hilton
have you tried the mip ones are amazing!!!!! but there not as durable as the xray ones and they dont bind at all!
To be honest, I cannot tolerate purple anodized parts
I bought a black version cyclone, and bought almost all options separately just because I hate purple parts. Unfortunately the Surikarn edition is not available anymore.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:49 PM   #7260
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
To be honest, I cannot tolerate purple anodized parts
I bought a black version cyclone, and bought almost all options separately just because I hate purple parts. Unfortunately the Surikarn edition is not available anymore.
there's a brand new Surikarn kit on ebay right now... and few here in the for sale section right now as well...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote