Hot Bodies Cyclone

Reply

Old 09-26-2006, 05:23 PM
  #5521  
Tech Regular
 
floodo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 452
Default

Originally Posted by LEE UK
I use the blue spring indoor a lot on the rear of the car it allows the rear to rotate better due to it collapsing mid corner it also stops grip roll

What spring did he use up front though and is there a setup sheet posted anywhere to see how far off we are with our rubber setups
almost positive its white springs up front.
floodo1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:26 PM
  #5522  
Tech Regular
 
floodo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 452
Default

i wonder if the alleged worlds edition will come with the current style universals in the rear, or if it will be MIP all around?

fyi- for the pool on what color the worlds edition will be my money goes on purple
floodo1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:23 PM
  #5523  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
BillyCaldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: OKC, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I bet purple as well. Might as well they have most of the parts already in production. Its a no brainer. Anyone know a place to get anodizing done? I think I want to black out my surikarn.
BillyCaldwell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:45 PM
  #5524  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
I bet purple as well. Might as well they have most of the parts already in production. Its a no brainer. Anyone know a place to get anodizing done? I think I want to black out my surikarn.

just sell the blue parts and buy new black bulkhead etc.
since the surikarn blue is already discontinued and hard to get.
getting the parts re-anodized will cost you more than buying new parts.
plus parts that get re-anoded..have a dull finish. it's not as good at the original.

or finesome with a black cyclone that want to swap out parts...
rc-zombies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:01 PM
  #5525  
Tech Regular
 
floodo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 452
Default

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
just sell the blue parts and buy new black bulkhead etc.
since the surikarn blue is already discontinued and hard to get.
getting the parts re-anodized will cost you more than buying new parts.
plus parts that get re-anoded..have a dull finish. it's not as good at the original.

or finesome with a black cyclone that want to swap out parts...
that doesnt fully work, because of the upper bulkheads. the blue and purple ones are reinforced and the black ones are not. so you'd probably want to get at least those anodized black.

i will agree that re-anodizing things generally does come out looking pretty poorly (dull as mentioned), but this is dependant on what aluminum it is and what the color change is. going to a darker color like black may not end up looking bad. again it will come down to which alloy that HB uses.

As for where to get it done that varies. If you just need a handful of parts (ie not a whole cyclone) your local anodizer will probably do it on the side for some low price. Just goto them and explain that you're a hobbyist and only need a small number done.

If however you're trying to get a whole car done or something that probably won't work, though its definately worth a shot. Our local anodizer (one of them anyway) let me pay him side prices for seriously hundreds of pieces, before he started charging me per part.

The trick with anodizing is that they have minimums but the per part cost is very low. The price is based on surface area, but even something like extended pan car pod plates are about $1.00 or less. so a part like front bulkheads should be nearer to 75 cents or something. Most shops have something like 75 dollar minimum. So as you can see you'd need 100 + parts before you actually get the real rates per piece.

If you're really serious i'd post a thread, I know a fair amount of people have cars redone, so I'm sure someone can suggest an anodizer thats cheap and shipping friendly.

But like Zombies said, I'ld find someone with a black car to trade. Trade everything but the upper bulkhead, and then hitup the local anodizer to get those done.

PS- black is a common color so you stand a really good chance of the guy doing it for REALLY cheap if you're just doing the bulkheads (they can just put it in with someone elses stuff).
floodo1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:09 PM
  #5526  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Guo Chean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indiana, PA15701
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

they also have the black reinforce upper bulkhead too.
Guo Chean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:15 PM
  #5527  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Guo Chean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indiana, PA15701
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

i do not recomemded you go to anodized your parts, because i did my black cyclone to purple color last time my aluminium parts a lot of tolerence and the screw hole are easy to strip off. you still can get your blue part on Precision rc. i did remeber that i brought the black reinforce upper bulkhead form precision rc too.

Originally Posted by floodo1
that doesnt fully work, because of the upper bulkheads. the blue and purple ones are reinforced and the black ones are not. so you'd probably want to get at least those anodized black.

i will agree that re-anodizing things generally does come out looking pretty poorly (dull as mentioned), but this is dependant on what aluminum it is and what the color change is. going to a darker color like black may not end up looking bad. again it will come down to which alloy that HB uses.

As for where to get it done that varies. If you just need a handful of parts (ie not a whole cyclone) your local anodizer will probably do it on the side for some low price. Just goto them and explain that you're a hobbyist and only need a small number done.

If however you're trying to get a whole car done or something that probably won't work, though its definately worth a shot. Our local anodizer (one of them anyway) let me pay him side prices for seriously hundreds of pieces, before he started charging me per part.

The trick with anodizing is that they have minimums but the per part cost is very low. The price is based on surface area, but even something like extended pan car pod plates are about $1.00 or less. so a part like front bulkheads should be nearer to 75 cents or something. Most shops have something like 75 dollar minimum. So as you can see you'd need 100 + parts before you actually get the real rates per piece.

If you're really serious i'd post a thread, I know a fair amount of people have cars redone, so I'm sure someone can suggest an anodizer thats cheap and shipping friendly.

But like Zombies said, I'ld find someone with a black car to trade. Trade everything but the upper bulkhead, and then hitup the local anodizer to get those done.

PS- black is a common color so you stand a really good chance of the guy doing it for REALLY cheap if you're just doing the bulkheads (they can just put it in with someone elses stuff).
Guo Chean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:19 PM
  #5528  
Tech Master
 
wagonman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 1,090
Default

Andy takes nice pics.
wagonman72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:50 PM
  #5529  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Barry W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Alta, Canada
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Is there going to be another cyclone coming out? Worlds maybe?
Just rumors?
Barry W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:58 AM
  #5530  
Tech Regular
 
stegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ellesmere port Cheshire UK
Posts: 297
Default

Originally Posted by Barry W
Is there going to be another cyclone coming out? Worlds maybe?
Just rumors?
Here you go guy's CYCLONE WORLDS EDITION Sorry if this has been posted.
stegger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:17 AM
  #5531  
Tech Adept
 
Phil C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuneaton, England
Posts: 177
Default

Originally Posted by floodo1
that doesnt fully work, because of the upper bulkheads. the blue and purple ones are reinforced and the black ones are not. so you'd probably want to get at least those anodized black.
Reinforeced bulkheads were available in black far before the newer editions of the car came out. I think I am right in saying they come with the black kit now.
Phil C is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:00 AM
  #5532  
Tech Apprentice
 
Teddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Italy
Posts: 56
Default

http://www.3racing.com.hk/x_products...dies%20Cyclone


WOW,
it seems that 3Racing make their own cyclone.
Teddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:10 AM
  #5533  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 131
Default

did anyone use the BMI chassis in the rubber class in vegas?
LEE UK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:21 AM
  #5534  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Teddy
http://www.3racing.com.hk/x_products...dies%20Cyclone


WOW,
it seems that 3Racing make their own cyclone.
the purple aluminum diff outdrives are very inexpensive...almost half the price of the stock pieces....



1 piece spurgear and laytshaft adapter.... this is one part I'll definately get first.

rc-zombies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:32 AM
  #5535  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
bxpitbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Union City, New Jersey
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
the purple aluminum diff outdrives are very inexpensive...almost half the price of the stock pieces....



1 piece spurgear and laytshaft adapter.... this is one part I'll definately get first.

Are the outdrives the same size for the Pro4? Those puppies would be sick on mine....before I upgrade of course.
bxpitbull is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service