Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 01-05-2006, 06:20 AM
  #2251  
Tech Adept
 
JonboyGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 118
Default

Originally Posted by Stew Noble
...also to allow easyer ackerman adjustment i removed the top of the inner toe link ballcups, so i can slide the wrench in from the front once the bumper is removed (second pic)

great idea stew. thats made an awkward job a breeze.
JonboyGB is offline  
Old 01-05-2006, 08:22 AM
  #2252  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hinckley, England
Posts: 448
Default

Originally Posted by Hollowman
Wow... i like the new spur gear holder and first one (don't know the name) i assume that the little carbon plate is a motormount brace the same as shooters but then in carbon and meaby a little upside down, and i don't see the point in having a aluminium middle block but anyways i like the hop-ups and i am going to buy some .

Greetz florian

i think the 'little carbon plate' is a pivot block? looks like it has the cutout for the belt to go under it.
agower is offline  
Old 01-05-2006, 08:49 AM
  #2253  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by agower
i think the 'little carbon plate' is a pivot block? looks like it has the cutout for the belt to go under it.
it's for the top motor brace...
rc-zombies is offline  
Old 01-05-2006, 10:56 AM
  #2254  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 321
Default

does anyone know where can you buy Square products in the uk.
Smartypants is offline  
Old 01-05-2006, 10:36 PM
  #2255  
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,264
Default

Originally Posted by ngo8
anyone have a good starting setup for 19t carpet running rubber tires CS-22 i am going to the magma race race in 2 1/2 weeks and i need a good starting point my club only runs foam so i dont know where to start any help would be great
anyone anyone buelher buelher ??
ngo8 is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 12:23 AM
  #2256  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Guo Chean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indiana, PA15701
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Smartypants
does anyone know where can you buy Square products in the uk.
i dun think that square will be selling in UK. mostly you can order fron rc-champ or rainbowten they will reply you very fast.
Guo Chean is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 03:41 AM
  #2257  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by ngo8
anyone anyone buelher buelher ??
I'll post mine tonight, 17T, high grip carpet, tight track.
omoser is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 04:19 AM
  #2258  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
bretthitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: hollywell
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default part nuber

hi does any have a part number for this iteam
http://www.rc-square.com/hpi/shb17.jpg
thanks brett
bretthitman is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 04:41 AM
  #2259  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bretthitman
hi does any have a part number for this iteam
http://www.rc-square.com/hpi/shb17.jpg
thanks brett
SHB-17

SHB-17BK for the black one
domo is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 04:49 AM
  #2260  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
bretthitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: hollywell
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

thanks domo
bretthitman is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 03:24 PM
  #2261  
Tech Adept
 
Phil C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuneaton, England
Posts: 177
Default

Originally Posted by ngo8
anyone anyone buelher buelher ??
Hey,
I run 22s in stock and 19t at my local club and have found very small variations from kit to be best. First i raised the pivot blocks by 1mm all round making the car roll less through the turns, I also removed the rollbars all round and put gold springs on the front. I am also running 40wt oil in the rear compared to 50wt in the front. This seems to be a pretty good base setup for most tracks, if you feel you have to much steering tho, try droping the ammount of inboard toe out on the front, perhaps to 2 or 1.5 degrees.

Just curious, what have you tried at the moment?

Also has anyone ran the shocks without the rebound foams? if so what were your findings?

Cheers Phil.
Phil C is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 05:33 PM
  #2262  
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,264
Default

Originally Posted by Phil C
Hey,
I run 22s in stock and 19t at my local club and have found very small variations from kit to be best. First i raised the pivot blocks by 1mm all round making the car roll less through the turns, I also removed the rollbars all round and put gold springs on the front. I am also running 40wt oil in the rear compared to 50wt in the front. This seems to be a pretty good base setup for most tracks, if you feel you have to much steering tho, try droping the ammount of inboard toe out on the front, perhaps to 2 or 1.5 degrees.

Just curious, what have you tried at the moment?

Also has anyone ran the shocks without the rebound foams? if so what were your findings?

Cheers Phil.
thanks for the info i am pretty close to what you gave me i put 45 all the way around goldfront /silver back also silver sway bar alll the way around i guess one ways is the way to go? i will also raise the roll center like you told me 1 mm and put 2 mm spacers under the ball cup on the bulkhead sound good?also second hole from the outside on the towers .any more suggestions i will take .
ngo8 is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 05:56 PM
  #2263  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FRP
this is hara's carpet setup, but it's for mod. i think it won't be much of a difference than 19t

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/Set-ups/cycln_05IIC.pdf

for a cleaner printed non hand-written set-up sheet go to the HPI japan site.

http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/setup/hara.html
rc-zombies is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 06:21 PM
  #2264  
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,264
Default

ive seen haras setup on the hpi website but it seems whacky and its for 7x1 motor but now i think i got an idea of how to set it up from haras set up thanks.
ngo8 is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 06:29 PM
  #2265  
Tech Fanatic
 
S-T-R-l-K-E-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CS RACING / RIDDLER HOBBIES
Posts: 973
Default

Originally Posted by ngo8
ive seen haras setup on the hpi website but it seems whacky and its for 7x1 motor but now i think i got an idea of how to set it up from haras set up thanks.

try hara's baseline setup. it rocks!!!!
S-T-R-l-K-E-R is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.