R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #18631
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,126
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan View Post
Thanks for the quick reply are the hubs on the 008 009 and T2 the same? Do the Tamiya ones fit to?
Cheers Malc
T2, 08 and 09 are the same. Not sure about the tamiya parts, I just remember I was in a bind one time and I grabbed a xray steering knuckle and it worked fine.

-Korey
__________________
Xray - RC America - Hudy - Apex RC - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - RC Mission America - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #18632
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,126
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by san. View Post
Have you tried using the Pro4 arms (no mod's needed)? They are more durable than the TC arms.
Malc is talking about the steering knuckle. They are the same between all the cyclone cars and the pro 4. But you are correct, the pro 4 suspension arms are much more durable. They are just a bit heavy.

-Korey
__________________
Xray - RC America - Hudy - Apex RC - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - RC Mission America - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #18633
Tech Elite
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,403
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Korey, Hiro and everyone else at HB, please do not forget us, the "foam guys" with this new release. Hope you guys follow Xray, T.O.P. and AE with their US Spec versions. Or at least thicker upper and mid decks with wings.
__________________
Awesomatix USA||Roche RC USA||Mon-Tech Racing USA||Sanwa
san. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:17 AM   #18634
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,126
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Speaking of...

Does anyone need a foam chassis, upper deck and mid deck? I have a set I purchased a while ago when foam tire racing was still popular here. I don't use it anymore and would rather someone else benefit from it. PM me for details.

-Korey
__________________
Xray - RC America - Hudy - Apex RC - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - RC Mission America - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:56 AM   #18635
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Im having trouble with ride height. Im using the pro4 pink front and silver rear springs.

Now my problem is having set the pre-load of the springs equally, my ride height is off. In order to attain equal ride height left to right my pre-load is off.
I am unsure if balancing weights are needed because it seems I will need allot to balance out the lipo side of the car.

What is the proper way to solve this? Is it ok the have the shock collars off in order the get equal ride hieght?
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:49 AM   #18636
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 117
Default

Hi everyone, I just want to share my Cyclone setup for the recent TITC race. A few guys asked me, so I thought I post it here, to share with all fellow Cyclone racers.

I qualified 2nd and finished 3rd at TITC 11.5T class. This setup works especially well when the track is very hot as I TQed the controlled practice round when the track was at 65 degree C. I also TQed one of the qualifying when the track was cooler, around 50 degree C. During the 3rd round qualifying at night where the track temp was around 36 degree C, I was already leading but I crashed due to my own mistake. The car worked very well, that run could have given me the overall TQ if I didn't crash. Therefore I think this setup should work pretty consistently at most track temps and conditions.

My setup is exactly as the instructions manual, except for the followings:

-- Silver Springs at front and rear. I did run softer springs in the early rounds, but as the grip increased, I had to switch to slightly harder springs.
-- 55 weight Associated oil front and rear.
-- Shocks mounted on #3 holes at front and rear shock towers.
-- 3 mm ackerman washers.
-- 1.5 mm shims under all suspension blocks
-- WCE top deck, uncut
-- Gold sway bar at the rear end.
-- Titanium Racing Delrin spool at the front.
-- HB DCJ at the front.
-- Protoform R9-R body regular weight body, with wing pushed forward 3 mm from the max rearward position allowed by IFMAR.
-- I used a traction compound custom made by a Thai friend. We joked and called the traction ParaPraey because his name is Praey
-- Car weight was at 1450 grams. I pushed the battery pack outward to a point where the CG of both sides are approx the same. Basically, I added some weight to the battery packs so that the total weight at both sides of the car were exactly the same, then push the battery pack outward to make the CGs of both sides the same distance from the centerline. I believe this could make the car more balanced statically, and also dynamically.
-- SMC 5400 50C lipo
-- LRP SXX Stock Spec ESC
-- Controlled motors = SP V3 11.5T with some timing advanced fixed on the end bell.
-- Controlled tires = Ride RJ 36

This setup should work well with tires with lower grip on asphalt tracks, such as the Ride tires. With better tires such as Sorex or Much More that can produce more steering and response, I would probably use slightly heavier springs and shock oil all around, 0.5 mm shim under the inner rear link, and LTCR body.

I have to thank Hara for his tips, which made my car drove more consistent and therefore faster overall. He is a true master with real wisdoms.

I hope this setup helps you go faster

Last edited by andrew188; 03-03-2010 at 07:10 AM.
andrew188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #18637
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Great job Andrew and thanks for sharing the setup!
I'm very glad that the cyclone TC was one of the fastest cars on the track in stock class too.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #18638
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 459
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

billythekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #18639
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
Great job Andrew and thanks for sharing the setup!
I'm very glad that the cyclone TC was one of the fastest cars on the track in stock class too.
Thanks Hiro. I was hoping to TQ the stock class too, to put Cyclone at the top of the chart in both stock and mod classes. Unfortunately, the luck is not on my side this time. I have to try harder next time.

I heard you are one of HB's guru in setup. I have to get some tips from you in the future
andrew188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #18640
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hiro/Korey have you seen or driven the new prototype ? Can you give us your thoughts/impressions about the changes that were made and how they help the car ?

Any hint of a release date ?
Thanks.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #18641
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Chassis

DOES ANYONE have a NEW TC chassis plate that they want get rid of. Must be the rubber spec. the thinner one lol

Thanks
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #18642
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 1,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew188 View Post
Hi everyone, I just want to share my Cyclone setup for the recent TITC race. A few guys asked me, so I thought I post it here, to share with all fellow Cyclone racers.

I qualified 2nd and finished 3rd at TITC 11.5T class. This setup works especially well when the track is very hot as I TQed the controlled practice round when the track was at 65 degree C. I also TQed one of the qualifying when the track was cooler, around 50 degree C. During the 3rd round qualifying at night where the track temp was around 36 degree C, I was already leading but I crashed due to my own mistake. The car worked very well, that run could have given me the overall TQ if I didn't crash. Therefore I think this setup should work pretty consistently at most track temps and conditions.

My setup is exactly as the instructions manual, except for the followings:

-- Silver Springs at front and rear. I did run softer springs in the early rounds, but as the grip increased, I had to switch to slightly harder springs.
-- 55 weight Associated oil front and rear.
-- Shocks mounted on #3 holes at front and rear shock towers.
-- 3 mm ackerman washers.
-- 1.5 mm shims under all suspension blocks
-- WCE top deck, uncut
-- Gold sway bar at the rear end.
-- Titanium Racing Delrin spool at the front.
-- HB DCJ at the front.
-- Protoform R9-R body regular weight body, with wing pushed forward 3 mm from the max rearward position allowed by IFMAR.
-- I used a traction compound custom made by a Thai friend. We joked and called the traction ParaPraey because his name is Praey
-- Car weight was at 1450 grams. I pushed the battery pack outward to a point where the CG of both sides are approx the same. Basically, I added some weight to the battery packs so that the total weight at both sides of the car were exactly the same, then push the battery pack outward to make the CGs of both sides the same distance from the centerline. I believe this could make the car more balanced statically, and also dynamically.
-- SMC 5400 50C lipo
-- LRP SXX Stock Spec ESC
-- Controlled motors = SP V3 11.5T with some timing advanced fixed on the end bell.
-- Controlled tires = Ride RJ 36

This setup should work well with tires with lower grip on asphalt tracks, such as the Ride tires. With better tires such as Sorex or Much More that can produce more steering and response, I would probably use slightly heavier springs and shock oil all around, 0.5 mm shim under the inner rear link, and LTCR body.

I have to thank Hara for his tips, which made my car drove more consistent and therefore faster overall. He is a true master with real wisdoms.

I hope this setup helps you go faster
That is so close to my asphalt set-up it's not funny. I have 4mm ackerman, and silver rear sway, otherwise the same.

That sucks.

It means it's my driving not the car

ha ha
__________________
Agama A8 Evo | GRP .21 | Spektrum | Savox

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #18643
Tech Fanatic
 
RLMW VQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Island Lake
Posts: 903
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

how many people are using the BL motor mount?
__________________
Hotbodies-HPI Racing- Hara Products-Team Fantom Driver-True RC-Rc Hobby and Track
RLMW VQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #18644
Tech Rookie
 
aztbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 18
Default Front 2 Degree pivot block

Does putting a 2 degree pivot block on the front of my Cyclone TC give you more steering? On Barry Baker's set-up sheet from the KO Propo race, he has the 2 degree pivot block on the front. I have always used 0 degree blocks or no shims on all of my others cars. What does sweeping your arms back like that do for you? If somebody could help me out with this, that would be great.
__________________
Hot Bodies Cyclone TC and HPI Blitz! and anything else I buy this week
aztbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #18645
Tech Regular
 
cosmo1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Adelaide AUSTRALIA (5.754 mins SE of The Parks)
Posts: 371
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztbone View Post
Does putting a 2 degree pivot block on the front of my Cyclone TC give you more steering? On Barry Baker's set-up sheet from the KO Propo race, he has the 2 degree pivot block on the front. I have always used 0 degree blocks or no shims on all of my others cars. What does sweeping your arms back like that do for you? If somebody could help me out with this, that would be great.
For arm sweep see:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6006783-post16707.html

Cheers
__________________
"I'm either retired or unemployed, depending on when the money runs out !" > AERCCC_#25 > LargeOutdoorAsphaltTrack > CycloneTC + TekinRS_HWXerun_ESCs + Duo2_17.5 + SMC_Fantom_LiPos + BLS551 + MX3FG + TC1030 + MM >> =======TRACK_VIEW_FROM_SPACE========> http://www.nearmap.com/[email protected],138.560313&ll=-34.857766,138.560313&z=19&t=h&nmd=20100614
cosmo1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 08:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 08:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 08:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 03:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 06:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:19 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net