Hot Bodies Cyclone

You're on Page 1229 of 1318
Go to
  • Hi Gents,

maybe the cyclone guru's can help, our club here recently introduced the 10.5 rubber class, i run a TC with a LRP shere and a novak 10.5, the probelm is the rear of the car keeps breaking away on power - what could be wrong?

any assistance is much appreciated

• Quote: Hi Gents,

maybe the cyclone guru's can help, our club here recently introduced the 10.5 rubber class, i run a TC with a LRP shere and a novak 10.5, the probelm is the rear of the car keeps breaking away on power - what could be wrong?

any assistance is much appreciated

Carpet or asphalt?
  • sorry mate, its outdoor asphalt, med grip
  • Quote: sorry mate, its outdoor asphalt, med grip
    This Seup is for 17.5 but it works very well with 10.5.
  • thanks dude, just 1 question the springs are they HPI or team associated?
  • Quote: thanks dude, just 1 question the springs are they HPI or team associated?
    HPI
  • you also could have too much caster not enough rear toe or to stiff of springs. or not enough droop.
  • thanks guys, what are the effects of too much caster? on foams i normaly run 6 deg caster blocks
  • Quote: thanks guys, what are the effects of too much caster? on foams i normaly run 6 deg caster blocks
    less caster will give you more initial steering and less steering coming out of the corner.
  • sorry if this has been asked before is there any news of a new tc coming out??....

thanks
  • Quote: sorry if this has been asked before is there any news of a new tc coming out??....

thanks

LOL it'll probably be just a LiPo update, the cyclone seems to be as good as it gets anyway, why change for changes sake?
  • rear toe
    the car was abit loose tdy so I decided to chk the rear toe. I assumed it would be even 3deg to block and all Right? I was wrong is there a way to get equal toe settings? I am using bew uprights.
  • Quote: the car was abit loose tdy so I decided to chk the rear toe. I assumed it would be even 3deg to block and all Right? I was wrong is there a way to get equal toe settings? I am using bew uprights.
    Check your hinge pins. When those bend a tiny bit, it throws off the toe settings for obvious reasons. There was also a small run of rear hub carriers that werent drilled quite straight. I actually use the aluminum rear hub carriers that HB offers so I never have to worry about that.

-Korey
  • I've bent a aluminium rear hub carrier quite bad when the wheel catched a trackmarker, toeout on the rear wheels are not that good so i'm back to plastic.
    I recieved my Exotek chassie today, i love the lipo fitment and the balance is spot on! However there was no antenna mounting hole and i'd like to see holes drilled for the "2 degree F/R mount" mod The chassie kit is still top notch though!
  • I can't say I've been as unfortunate as you Tommy haha. Mine have held up awesome.