R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #18121
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoLapin View Post
I dont have TC yet cause i wait for month to buy one(i run CRC gen X10 atm)cause i am no satified with offer on the maket for the moment.

tamiya: i dont like blue
Xray: quite expensive and there are T2 / T3 everywhere.
Serpent: no support for parts.
Schumacher: i dont like design

I was interrested the most in the HB cyclone or the TOP photon.
For the photon it looks to be a pain to have parts and like i live in France i dont want to have to make multiple orders trought the world to obtain parts.

And cyclone is not up to date for lipo. I dont say to do a new car every years but like the cyclone isnt lipo optimised and lipo will be the norm to go. HB will realese soon or late an up date of the TC and i dont want to buy i car that will be replace soon.

Conclusion,I wait. And like someone told about a new HB touring car, i just come to take news.
I Have a Solution, CHANGE SPORT!!!
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #18122
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano View Post
I Have a Solution, CHANGE SPORT!!!
i also have a solution , stop making post like the one above
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #18123
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
Ok this is sent out to the team as i have been playing around with my cyclone with the new 1425g weight limit and can't seem to quite find my normal pace at the moment. I am still back to reasonable pace but not where i would like to be. With my weight i have only 30 grams on lipo side with an ip so it fits in the nimh place and i have my receiver on the batt side to balance. But i have played with roll centres, shorter links, arm sweep, camber gain, different arms, balanced springs, shock positions, different additives. I havn't tried oil yet but im thinking that the car just works better with more weight!! What does the hpi/hotbodies team think?? If your answer is to detailed that suits me fine as i understand setup quite well its just unusual to be so dumbfounded.
I basically went a little lighter on oil so it rolls quicker, and slightly softer setup. You'll generally be looking for more grip when going to a lighter weight. The suspension doesn't need to support a heavy car anymore, so going softer will help maintain the same overall feel.

So basically dial in you car so it has more grip overall, and that should help a bit. I don't have anything really specific, but try lighter oil, maybe a tick softer springs, and increase the gap on the cyclone TC swaybar links (or just lengthen the links on the normal type).

-Korey
Old 01-03-2010, 02:55 AM   #18124
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
I basically went a little lighter on oil ...
-Korey
If AE60 was used on the heavier car, what new starting value would you suggest on the oil, with a 1425gm car (AE55, 50, ...) ??
Cheers
"I'm either retired or unemployed, depending on when the money runs out !" > AERCCC_#25 > LargeOutdoorAsphaltTrack > CycloneTC + TekinRS_HWXerun_ESCs + Duo2_17.5 + SMC_Fantom_LiPos + BLS551 + MX3FG + TC1030 + MM >> =======TRACK_VIEW_FROM_SPACE========> http://www.nearmap.com/[email protected],138.560313&ll=-34.857766,138.560313&z=19&t=h&nmd=20100614
cosmo1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #18125
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
I basically went a little lighter on oil so it rolls quicker, and slightly softer setup. You'll generally be looking for more grip when going to a lighter weight. The suspension doesn't need to support a heavy car anymore, so going softer will help maintain the same overall feel.

So basically dial in you car so it has more grip overall, and that should help a bit. I don't have anything really specific, but try lighter oil, maybe a tick softer springs, and increase the gap on the cyclone TC swaybar links (or just lengthen the links on the normal type).

-Korey
That is what i am finding strange!! normally i would do all these sort of things to give grip as i have personally found it to be better but the biggest difference is my weight it is very central on the car now better than a nimh could ever be!! it is becoming similar to a losi jrxs type r and i am finding that running short links is a lot faster but my rear is too locked and won't rotate quite right!! but yeh maybe i'll try going noticeably softer all round and see what happens!! although a quick test of a slightly longer rear link was in a good direction and i don't normaly do that!! oh i am running the black cyclone so i can go very short on links!! but the overall car is still similar!! I'll give some feedback if i hit a massive nail on the head!!
!!And an idiot with a controller!!
decibels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:29 AM   #18126
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What's a good way to add on weights?
Old 01-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #18127
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

guys,
i would like to ask, what should i do to forward the bodyshell ? where is the std position for a shell ??? how much i need to forward to gain extra steering ??from where to where i should measure ??

thanks
Old 01-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #18128
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo1974 View Post
If AE60 was used on the heavier car, what new starting value would you suggest on the oil, with a 1425gm car (AE55, 50, ...) ??
Cheers
I use Team Losi shock oil, and I think it runs just a tiny bit thicker (2.5-5.0wt???) than AE oil. I would start with 45 or 50wt oil, and see how that goes. Right now since I'm running on a really tight indoor carpet track, I'm running Losi 37.5 . Hiro likes to call this "Magic Oil" because he really likes it a lot, but it seems to work good when you need your car to react really quick.

Personally, I don't like the way thinner oil feels outdoors though. The car is WAY more consistent with the thicker oil. Indoors I tend to go lighter though.

-Korey
Old 01-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #18129
Tech Adept

Quote:
I use Team Losi shock oil, and I think it runs just a tiny bit thicker (2.5-5.0wt???) than AE oil. I would start with 45 or 50wt oil, and see how that goes. Right now since I'm running on a really tight indoor carpet track, I'm running Losi 37.5 . Hiro likes to call this "Magic Oil" because he really likes it a lot, but it seems to work good when you need your car to react really quick.

Personally, I don't like the way thinner oil feels outdoors though. The car is WAY more consistent with the thicker oil. Indoors I tend to go lighter though.

-Korey
Hi Korey,

Can you share your indoor carpet set up? Rubbers?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #18130
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
Hi Korey,

Can you share your indoor carpet set up? Rubbers?

Thanks!
Sure thing!

Front:
Spring: HPI White
Oil: Losi 37.5 wt
Piston: HB 1.1mm 3 hole
Shock position: 3 on tower, 2 on arm
Camber: 2.0 deg
Camber Link position: long
Shims under camber link: 1.5mm
Caster: 4 deg
Suspension blocks: 1.5deg FF and FR
Shims under suspension blocks: 1.5mm
Droop: 6mm on a droop gauge, measured at the arm right under the outer hinge pin
Ride height: 5mm
Swaybar: 1.4mm, with 2mm gap on TC swaybar link
Front Drive: Ver 3 spool, steel drive cups, DCJ's
Wheelbase: 2.7 in front of arm, .7mm behind (this is needed when using the different suspension block modification).
Wheel Hex: thin

Rear:
Spring: HPI Silver
Oil: Losi 37.5 wt
Piston: HB 1.1mm 3 hole
Shock position: 3 on tower and 3 on arm
Camber: 1.5 deg
Camber Link Position: Long on bulkhead, short on hub (standard setup)
Shims under camber link: 3mm
Rear Toe Block: 3 deg
Shims under toe/suspension blocks: 1.5mm
Droop: 5mm on gauge
Ride Height: 5mm
Swaybar: 1.2mm with 4mm gap on TC swaybar link
Wheelbase: 2mm in front of arm, .7 behind. 2mm in front of hub carrier, .7 behind.
Wheel hex: standard

Other:
Cut top deck
FRP Mid deck (not cut)
Steering bellcrank shim: 4mm
Tires: Jaco Blue
Body: Protoform Mazdaspeed 6 with HB Subaru Wing

Notes:
If you don't want to do the suspension block modification, I've found running the shock in hole #1 on the front suspension arm with the standard suspension blocks works really good too. It gives a somewhat similar feeling and is worth a try. Just combine it with a 0 deg toe block to take out the arm sweep, and use a standard wheel hex.

This setup is for a med-high grip carpet track.

Happy Racing!

-Korey
Old 01-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #18131
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
guys,
i would like to ask, what should i do to forward the bodyshell ? where is the std position for a shell ??? how much i need to forward to gain extra steering ??from where to where i should measure ??

thanks
I usually look at the front wheels when mounting up my body. When the axles are in the exact center of the front wheel wells, think of that as 0mm. When I mount my bodies forward (which is almost all the time!), I go about 2-3mm forward for tight indoor tracks, and usually 0mm for everything else.

-Korey
Old 01-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #18132
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Losi 37.5 . Hiro likes to call this "Magic Oil" because he really likes it a lot, but it seems to work good
-Korey
Yea Korey, It is "Magic Oil"! I still remember that I used it at the 2008 reedy race and been loving it since then!
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #18133
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
Yea Korey, It is "Magic Oil"! I still remember that I used it at the 2008 reedy race and been loving it since then!
Hiro-san! Thanks for your advice yesterday!

I should have tried the Magic Oil you offered, lol.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #18134
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Thank You Korey!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #18135
Tech Champion

Anytime buddy