R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #17611
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer72nova View Post
Korey,
Thank you for all of the info. I am a New Cyclone Owner. I have been spending a lot of time re-reading all of the past posts. What is your input on the Cyclone on the rug?
Dave
Its been pretty good for me. If your track is smooth, Andy Moore's 2008 IIC setup is pretty dang good.

-Korey
Old 10-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #17612
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Its been pretty good for me. If your track is smooth, Andy Moore's 2008 IIC setup is pretty dang good.

-Korey
Go to bed.... Did you take a look at the set up changes I made to your set up? Man that was a fun race.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #17613
Tech Champion

Psh... I'll probably be up till 3AM reading a history book... I saw the changes and they make sense. I'm glad they worked out for ya!

-Korey
Old 10-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #17614
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

korey - what's the results of using the non-TC shock towers on a TC chassis?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #17615
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
Changing the overall shock length will change the position of the piston inside the shock body. A longer shock (eyelet turned out more) will result in the piston being raised higher toward the bladder during compression. A shorter shock (eyelet turned in more) will lower the position of the piston.

Now if this makes any real noticeable difference in "pack/dampening" I don't know.
It's hearing things like that that make me want to stay in off road! these cars are just too complicated. Maybe with more time i will get to stuff like that but for now a good heat is when I didn't hit the boards.
balistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:04 AM   #17616
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
korey - what's the results of using the non-TC shock towers on a TC chassis?
It will raise the upper shock mounting locations... And change where the piston is in the shock basically. It will bring the piston lower into the shock. Personally... I have not messed with this much. I've always run the TC kit almost just as if it came out of the box. Plus you wont be able to slam your bodies as much!

Ballistic - Dont worry about it man. I just use 64mm because thats what Hara and Andy usually always start with. As far as I know, they almost never mess with it much anymore.

-Korey
Old 10-09-2009, 02:09 AM   #17617
Tech Elite

Quote:
Can't remember if you were around when we released our lipo bulkhead and top deck option. We also released some aluminum rear hub carriers in 0 deg (same as plastic ones) and 1 deg for further tuning options. HB also released a new body, a Subaru Impreza. It's a very good body that feels like a cross between a mazda 6 and a mazdaspeed 6. DCJ's seem to be the most popular of all those new option parts though.

-Korey

Korey

thanks. Lipo bulkhead not needed as I've dremeled the stock one years ago already. Top deck, bah... Alum suspension parts I leave to noobs hop up'ing TT01's, and I still have a few bodies (M6, M6speed, Strat3) that need to be thrashed before they're trashed... DCJ's look yumyum but they aren't cheap and I still have a stock of CVD's....

Which means I'm good to go woo-hoo!!!!

Thanks for the input,

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:47 AM   #17618
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
It will raise the upper shock mounting locations... And change where the piston is in the shock basically. It will bring the piston lower into the shock. Personally... I have not messed with this much. I've always run the TC kit almost just as if it came out of the box. Plus you wont be able to slam your bodies as much!

Ballistic - Dont worry about it man. I just use 64mm because thats what Hara and Andy usually always start with. As far as I know, they almost never mess with it much anymore.

-Korey
Hi Korey,

Do you place an o-ring inside the shock body?
ali_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #17619
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jarkkom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Which means I'm good to go woo-hoo!!!!
The biggest improvement for me was cutting the both top decks.

I also have the DCJ's waiting.. They look cool...
Old 10-09-2009, 06:36 AM   #17620
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarkkom View Post
The biggest improvement for me was cutting the both top decks.

I also have the DCJ's waiting.. They look cool...
DCJ's look awesome indeed, just would feel like crap if I threw away the "normal" cvd's I have in stock as spares

Cutting "both" top decks? I cut the "rear" one (the CWF between the motor mount and the other bulkhead) last year already. What about the "other" top deck (I assume a cut that would help torsion flex)? Would you have a pic? Thanks!

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #17621
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jarkkom

Quote:
Cutting "both" top decks? I cut the "rear" one (the CWF between the motor mount and the other bulkhead) last year already. What about the "other" top deck (I assume a cut that would help torsion flex)? Would you have a pic? Thanks!

Paul
It has been explained in detail with a pic in here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/6195165-post17172.html

I tried them all a couple of months ago. The older style topdeck (thinner) was better than TC one but the cut TC topdeck with a cut FRP rear topdeck was the missing piece for this car. The solid rear topdeck just felt wrong always.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #17622
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_g View Post
Hi Korey,

Do you place an o-ring inside the shock body?
Nope. 64mm is easy to achieve without them. Its about 3/4 of a turn from all the way threaded in I think... not 100% sure. Honestly, the adjustment of where the piston is in relation to the shock body has a very very small effect on how the car drives (in my opinion). There are other changes I worry about that have a greater effect on how the car works.

-Korey
Old 10-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #17623
Tech Initiate

Is it possible to Rebuild the new DCJ driveshafts, if so how?
erkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #17624
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
DCJ's look awesome indeed, just would feel like crap if I threw away the "normal" cvd's I have in stock as spares

Paul
DCJ instock !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #17625
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey guys I just picked up a TC and I'm looking for setup information for a med bite outdoor ashpalt and a high bite indoor ashpalt setup. Thx. in advance
rcfiend is offline   Reply With Quote