Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Schumacher diff grease is BY FAR the best diff grease I've ever used. It doesn't break down anywhere near as fast as others, so it gives very consistent diff action throughout the run. Plus it's like a wax... it doesn't fling off, so it last for a long time inbetween rebuilds as well.

-Korey
hellooo Korey and artwork.. do you know if schumacher have a trust grease?

Last edited by Coldn; 09-15-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coldn
hellooo Korey and artwork.. do you know if schumacher have a trust grease?
Use Schumacher grease on the diff balls and rings, but always use Associated black grease on the thrust.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/380488.asp
Old 09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You can see Hara Andy moore ... all is choice Associated grease for Diff ball
Old 09-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
You can see Hara Andy moore ... all is choice Associated grease for Diff ball
I spent the last week with Andy at IIC...we talked at length about diff greases. I am sure he likes the associated grease, but it was clear to me that Schumacher grease was his preference on diff balls and rings.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
I spent the last week with Andy at IIC...we talked at length about diff greases. I am sure he likes the associated grease, but it was clear to me that Schumacher grease was his preference on diff balls and rings.
Art,

Nice to meet you at the IIC. You had some good runs!

the other Art
Old 09-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
do you have test ?
if tested good or bad can you tell me ?

Thanks !
Old 09-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
do you have test ?
if tested good or bad can you tell me ?

Thanks !
The Schumacher grease was great...I had been using in the past but was not using enough of it in the diff. Here is what I ended up doing:

Clean all of the diff parts prior to rebuild...sanded diff rings with 600 then 1000.

1)Smear the schumacher diff lub on the rings
2)Coat the diff balls with the schumacher diff lube (on a paper towel)
3)Put diff lub in each diff ball hole.
4)black associated grease on the thrust (should use a lot here)
5) Put the diff together and break it in slowly.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well it's 2am, and I've finally finished a long drawn out search to figure out what the heck was tweaking my car so bad lately. I've noticed there was a tweak in mt car and no matter how many times I loosened all the bulkhead screws and tighten them back up, the car still had a twist.

As a result of my displeasure, I took apart the car entirely and slowly built it back up. Checking each piece of a sheet of glass to check to bent or tweaked parts. There were a few bulkheads in question, but that wasn't the case. It was a screw!!!! The screw itself was bent from some impact a long time ago. The bent screw was stressing the suspension block so much that it tweaked the chassis.

After that was figured out the overall tweak in the chassis was much better... Yet there was still a small amount left. I now loosened the servo mounts up and re tightened them down carefully. BINGO no more tweak.

I know this may seem kind of stupid of me to write this, but these are often very overlooked factors when maintaining your car. I try to tear my car down completely every month of racing. to check for bent bulkheads and whatnot.

-Korey
Old 09-16-2009, 03:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone have the setups from the IIC?

Also if someone has straight rear bulkheads lying around please send to me..
Old 09-16-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well it's 2am, and I've finally finished a long drawn out search to figure out what the heck was tweaking my car so bad lately. I've noticed there was a tweak in mt car and no matter how many times I loosened all the bulkhead screws and tighten them back up, the car still had a twist.

As a result of my displeasure, I took apart the car entirely and slowly built it back up. Checking each piece of a sheet of glass to check to bent or tweaked parts. There were a few bulkheads in question, but that wasn't the case. It was a screw!!!! The screw itself was bent from some impact a long time ago. The bent screw was stressing the suspension block so much that it tweaked the chassis.

After that was figured out the overall tweak in the chassis was much better... Yet there was still a small amount left. I now loosened the servo mounts up and re tightened them down carefully. BINGO no more tweak.

I know this may seem kind of stupid of me to write this, but these are often very overlooked factors when maintaining your car. I try to tear my car down completely every month of racing. to check for bent bulkheads and whatnot.

-Korey
Its good to hear these war stories.
I'm sure it will help others diagnose like problems downstream.

Cheers
Old 09-16-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Schumacher diff grease is BY FAR the best diff grease I've ever used. It doesn't break down anywhere near as fast as others, so it gives very consistent diff action throughout the run. Plus it's like a wax... it doesn't fling off, so it last for a long time inbetween rebuilds as well.

-Korey
I've said this for years and no one would listen to me. Maybe if I was as fast as you people would listen

-Korey

You might have finished earlier if I didn't keep texting you
Old 09-16-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

BENT SCREWS!!!!!!!!! gotta check mine then... car is off slightly. thanks for the tips... sorry for the war story!!

Arv.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Well, i think im proud to say that my Cyclone S is a pretty darn good car. I won the A with it 2 weeks ago in Stock 17.5 and had no problems with speed at GLARC this weekend(140+' straight). If i had a fully charged battery, i would have been in the top 3. Im using the plastic shocks as well as the dogbones. It has less adjustments than my Moorespeed Cyclone, but im enjoying the face that im actually winning with it against cars 2-3 times as much. Great product Hotbodies/HPI!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

hey charlie got a setup sheet i can pass over to Chris Torley so he can put it on his Cyclone S?

glad to hear you're doing good with it. Stock 17.5? This means i coulda faced you outside of RCGT or do i got it wrong? hehe.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
hey charlie got a setup sheet i can pass over to Chris Torley so he can put it on his Cyclone S?

glad to hear you're doing good with it. Stock 17.5? This means i coulda faced you outside of RCGT or do i got it wrong? hehe.
Yes, this was outside RCGT...and man..the car just gets better and better as i run it. I think my Moorespeed is getting lonely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.