Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
Ah, NO!!!!

Now that's just DAMN FUNNY!!!

We also want Hara to build all the cars that come out oh HB's Warehouse!!!
Yes, that is funny.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macaofriend
Yeah, HB...listen to your customers...we want:

1. A chassis designed specifically for Lipo.
2. A chassis designed specifically for 5 cells.
3. A chassis designed specifically for 6 cells.
4. A chassis designed specifically for asphalt.
5. A chassis designed specifically for carpet.
6. An extra thick chassis designed specifically for rookies.
7. A chassis that is scratch resistant for asphalt.
8. A special edition anodized in Blue but has a REAL winner's name associated to it.

Or you don't have to listen to your customer and just keep doing what you are doing with upgraded parts every so often for a well designed and proven chassis.
I actually LOL'ed when I read this .
Old 07-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
if you haven't tried it.. how do you know its a flaw?

my point to you is, dont complain about an asymmetrical upper deck.

your other post mentions you crashed so hard your tape broke. you should worry about driving clean before you worry about an asymmetrical upper deck.

your beef with HB is securing your lipos, not an upper deck design.

Obviously, no one read what I was trying to say. Scott just got so anxious in bashing once he saw an opportunity I wonder why he is so defensive.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
Thanks for the photos, Tom. Currently, I use side way tapes to secure the SMC packs.

Honestly, I am quite dissapointed that after lipo has become the standard for years, HB has yet to come out with a practical solution for lipo. I have been waiting and waiting, hoping HB has been working on a good solution that doesn't require their customers to make time consuming customizations. And yes, I am very dissapointed. The unsymetrical upper deck that they just released is simply an ad hoc bug fix, which doesn't really resolve the problem for securing lipo packs. What are they thinking? Now I feel like I am at an disadvantage driving a Cyclone. I truly hope HB will come out with a more thoughtful solution very soon. Is it really that difficult?
Perhaps what you see as a "problem" isn't to many that run the HB car. After all, those that have been around a while are familiar with battery tape and its weaknesses. Perhaps you need a better brand of tape to hold the battery in your car? The new top deck really only addresses the clearance issue with larger batteries. It handles the problem quite well. It has also been said that in the future the next car that HB develops will be more LIPO friendly out of the box. You should not feel like you're at an disadvantage running a HB car as it is one of the BEST handling cars on the market.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by macaofriend
Yeah, HB...listen to your customers...we want:

1. A chassis designed specifically for Lipo.
2. A chassis designed specifically for 5 cells.
3. A chassis designed specifically for 6 cells.
4. A chassis designed specifically for asphalt.
5. A chassis designed specifically for carpet.
6. An extra thick chassis designed specifically for rookies.
7. A chassis that is scratch resistant for asphalt.
8. A special edition anodized in Blue but has a REAL winner's name associated to it.

Or you don't have to listen to your customer and just keep doing what you are doing with upgraded parts every so often for a well designed and proven chassis.
I fell out of my chair when I read #8 LMAO!!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Advil
I fell out of my chair when I read #8 LMAO!!!!
Yeah, that was funny...but now Joey is gonna kick my @ss.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Scott, you will bash someone even though he is pointing out a real flaw or simply expressing his honest opinion about HB's product? Do you really think you are really helping HB in the way you reponded? Or you simply got too much time and have nothing to do? Furthermore, you do not really understand what I was trying to express, you just like to bash .. huh?

By the way, the Xray and Corally solutions are offered by the manufacturers' themself, not after market parts.

I wish some management people from HB see this thread and get you fired. If you are really representing HB, you are giving them a bad name.

Your response says that HB do not care about what customers think, just take it or leave it. A company who cannot take customer's opinion seriously will eventually go down. Well, I guess you won't know much about that.
1. Quoted it so he doesn't edit this to cover up the "fired" bit. Screams idiot IMO.
2. Wouldn't it be easier to just put him on your ignore list?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Scott, you will bash someone even though he is pointing out a real flaw or simply expressing his honest opinion about HB's product? Do you really think you are really helping HB in the way you reponded? Or you simply got too much time and have nothing to do? Furthermore, you do not really understand what I was trying to express, you just like to bash .. huh?

By the way, the Xray and Corally solutions are offered by the manufacturers' themself, not after market parts.

I wish some management people from HB see this thread and get you fired. If you are really representing HB, you are giving them a bad name.

Your response says that HB do not care about what customers think, just take it or leave it. A company who cannot take customer's opinion seriously will eventually go down. Well, I guess you won't know much about that.
I don't run for HB... Sell your car and get one that does care about their customers. Scotty should be able to tell you to phuck off and not worry about because he is the reason EVERYONE runs a HB in the norcal area....but he isn't like that. If the company goes down then we won't have to worry about you asking anymore questions right????
Old 07-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have not tried it, so I do not know. Anyway, that was not my point. Perhaps it is time to switch to another brand, since I would get killed for simply pointing out some flaws in HB's products. Why waste my hard earned money?
so are planning on selling your car? which model is it? and what spares? figured i would ask before you end up in the FOR SALE THREAD.

BTW if you broke the tape, did you even file down the tape slots??? If you didnt we understand.......ITS A ROOKIE MISTAKE!!!!

Bashing someone back because they didnt "READ" your emotions is a bad call.... relax dude, and let us at least try to help you ..... especially when the "CYCLONE'S HIGH PREISTS" even replying to you!!

Old 07-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scott B
"Standard for years", What??? Roar just approved them for racing LAST year, besides there only legal for ROAR raceing. Most of the other countrys haven't changed there rules for lipos yet. So should HB's build a new lipo friendly car just for the US??

What manufacter designed there car to secure lipo packs, besides TOP??? NO ONE!!! Everything out is aftermarket.

As for the "unsymetrical upper deck", it didn't hurt Korey H. when he ran it at this years Reedy race, he qual. 2nd and finished 3rd also Tq'ing the 3rd round of Qualifing!!!

I ONLY use one piece of strapping tape to hold my lipos in and I haven't lost one this year!!! (TP 5000 on a PPD plate) And yes I DO hit the walls!!!

If you feel at a disadvantage driving a Cyclone, because the 5 year old car wasen't designed to hold a lipo maybe its time for a change!!!

Yup Scotty hits lots of walls!!!

On the serious side, I made the change to Lipos and let me tell you, I gave that a car a serious stress test and have not lost one lipo. I would think you may want to rethink what you are saying but it is a free country....

Last edited by Team STPN; 07-23-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

I shaved approx 2 mm off the alum mount, so clearance is not a problem for me. I do wish HB will offer a cleaner, out of the box usable solution for securing lipo packs without bumps and also for adding weight to the right side of the chassis.

Presently, I add weight to each of my packs, which is kind of a pain, because I also use those packs in my other cars, which doesn't need the weight.

I currently secure my packs with tapes. They have never come off until yesterday, when I had a bad crash and the battery pack slid out from the side and broke a tab off my speedo. That was painful.

Cyclone has some holes at both side of the battery slots, I am sure they can some out with a solution, as there are already many good examples out there for other cars.
Maybe you need to learn how to drive and not crash and yes I am not a sponsor driver. Oh wait I am sposored by Visa or Mastercard
Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

I have not tried it, so I do not know. Anyway, that was not my point. Perhaps it is time to switch to another brand, since I would get killed for simply pointing out some flaws in HB's products. Why waste my hard earned money?
Get a TC5 oh wait you need to get an after market part to make that lipo friendly...
Old 07-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Geez there is a lot of drama on this thread! I'll let you know when i finish my lipo chassis! The wannabe engineer in my has some wild ideas!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

just cut out lexan and stick it under the batteries. that should do the trick.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Geez there is a lot of drama on this thread! I'll let you know when i finish my lipo chassis! The wannabe engineer in my has some wild ideas!
Do tell, inquiring(sp) minds want to know!!!

I was thinking of mounting the Top side tray to my car, but I already have it balanced with the PPD plate and the weight down to 1425!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.