Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
I see HB in your signature. Do you work or run for HB? You should be ashamed to bash a customer's comment.
Scotty is one of the nicest guys you will EVER meet. He does nothing but help people out, He is on the team for a reason.

And on another note, Is there a chart of the Hara springs? I have a few sets I want to use, but im not sure of the spring rates. And then also is there 2 version of the hpi silver spring? I have some hpi springs that are actually silver, and then they have some that are black?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
I run for HB's, and I'm NOT ashamed for what I sayed, I don't like when people bash a product or company I support!!
Scott, you will bash someone even though he is pointing out a real flaw or simply expressing his honest opinion about HB's product? Do you really think you are really helping HB in the way you reponded? Or you simply got too much time and have nothing to do? Furthermore, you do not really understand what I was trying to express, you just like to bash .. huh?

By the way, the Xray and Corally solutions are offered by the manufacturers' themself, not after market parts.

I wish some management people from HB see this thread and get you fired. If you are really representing HB, you are giving them a bad name.

Your response says that HB do not care about what customers think, just take it or leave it. A company who cannot take customer's opinion seriously will eventually go down. Well, I guess you won't know much about that.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

I donīt like the new systems for secure lipos, i think is a patch for NiMh chassis, i only use tape, for my lipos,too, without problems at all.
I grinding a litle the bulkheard, is take 1 minute of dremel work, perfect for my 5300 nosram lipo batteries.
The tape is inespensive, and not tweak the chassis.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Scotty is one of the nicest guys you will EVER meet. He does nothing but help people out, He is on the team for a reason.

And on another note, Is there a chart of the Hara springs? I have a few sets I want to use, but im not sure of the spring rates. And then also is there 2 version of the hpi silver spring? I have some hpi springs that are actually silver, and then they have some that are black?
The hara springs are kind of hard to compare with the others since they are progressive. They feel a lot different than the HPI Pro 4 springs on the track. I have some rough numbers, but keep in mind even though the rates I list may look similar to some, they are much different on the track.

Yellow: 12.8 lb/in
Grey: 14.0 lb/in
Black: 15.1 lb/in
Purple: 16.2 lb/in
Red: 17.3 lb/in

Oh, the new black colored silver and gold springs are the same as the old ones. They started coloring them black a few months ago.

-Korey
Old 07-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO

Below is the chart I put together, which you can get quick reference of the spring rate.

Brand/Colour......Comp./ Ratio
Hara Yellow..........12.89lb/ 230g
Hara White...........13.98lb/ 250g
Hara Black............15.11lb/ 270g
Hot Bodies Blue.....15.3lb/ 273g
Hara Purple...........16.24lb/ 290g
Hot Bodies Silver....16.9lb/ 302g
Hara Red..............17.36lb/ 310g
Hot Bodies Pink......18.0lb/320g
Hot Bodies Gold......19.0lb/340g
Hot Bodies White....20.3lb/363g
Hot Bodies Yellow...21.7lb/388g
Hot Bodies Red.......22.4lb/400g
Old 07-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What manufacter designed there car to secure lipo packs, besides TOP??? NO ONE!!! Everything out is aftermarket.
besides the losi type R that's been out for how many years now HI SCOTTY!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by luic
I donīt like the new systems for secure lipos, i think is a patch for NiMh chassis, i only use tape, for my lipos,too, without problems at all.
I grinding a litle the bulkheard, is take 1 minute of dremel work, perfect for my 5300 nosram lipo batteries.
The tape is inespensive, and not tweak the chassis.

Greetings, Luis C.
I shaved approx 2 mm off the alum mount, so clearance is not a problem for me. I do wish HB will offer a cleaner, out of the box usable solution for securing lipo packs without bumps and also for adding weight to the right side of the chassis.

Presently, I add weight to each of my packs, which is kind of a pain, because I also use those packs in my other cars, which doesn't need the weight.

I currently secure my packs with tapes. They have never come off until yesterday, when I had a bad crash and the battery pack slid out from the side and broke a tab off my speedo. That was painful.

Cyclone has some holes at both side of the battery slots, I am sure they can some out with a solution, as there are already many good examples out there for other cars.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Is that a good enough excuse for not providing a solution for faithful paying customers?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Hi Matt, how are things when are you getting transferd to Travis, CLint miss's you!!!

billythekid, I'm over it have fun with your flaws!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hebiki
can you REALLY tell the difference btw a symmetrical and asymmetrical top deck? and if you can tell the difference, that means your a TOP LEVEL PROFESSIONAL driver so one of two things happen....

1. you get your stuff for free... and/or
2. you dont run lipo b/c all you run is mod and thats 5cell nimh at the worlds level so the top deck doesnt affect you anyways...

i really doubt your driving skills are high enough to notice the difference. you're not Hara, Rheinard or Masami....
I have not tried it, so I do not know. Anyway, that was not my point. Perhaps it is time to switch to another brand, since I would get killed for simply pointing out some flaws in HB's products. Why waste my hard earned money?
Old 07-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

billythekid, I'm over it have fun with your flaws!!!
Scott, are you confused?
Old 07-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yeah, HB...listen to your customers...we want:

1. A chassis designed specifically for Lipo.
2. A chassis designed specifically for 5 cells.
3. A chassis designed specifically for 6 cells.
4. A chassis designed specifically for asphalt.
5. A chassis designed specifically for carpet.
6. An extra thick chassis designed specifically for rookies.
7. A chassis that is scratch resistant for asphalt.
8. A special edition anodized in Blue but has a REAL winner's name associated to it.

Or you don't have to listen to your customer and just keep doing what you are doing with upgraded parts every so often for a well designed and proven chassis.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Scott, are you confused?
Ah, NO!!!!

Originally Posted by macaofriend

8. A special edition anodized in Blue but has a REAL winner's name associated to it.

Or you don't have to listen to your customer and just keep doing what you are doing with upgraded parts every so often for a well designed and proven chassis.
Now that's just DAMN FUNNY!!!

We also want Hara to build all the cars that come out oh HB's Warehouse!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have not tried it, so I do not know. Anyway, that was not my point. Perhaps it is time to switch to another brand, since I would get killed for simply pointing out some flaws in HB's products. Why waste my hard earned money?
if you haven't tried it.. how do you know its a flaw?

my point to you is, dont complain about an asymmetrical upper deck.

your other post mentions you crashed so hard your tape broke. you should worry about driving clean before you worry about an asymmetrical upper deck.

your beef with HB is securing your lipos, not an upper deck design.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macaofriend

can i preorder #7 now? you're onto something there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.