R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #15136
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Building my TC kit right now but have a question. Which side should the shorter end of the Center Layshaft be on, motor or battery side?

Last edited by dag32; 03-03-2010 at 10:37 AM.
dag32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #15137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Hey stupid question,,

what is the point in having different degree blocks for the front of the car when toe is adjusted using turnbuckles??
TJames987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #15138
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfastasu View Post
Does anyone know where I can get some steel drivshafts? Everywhere I look they`re sold out!?
Give Billy Bowerman a call at Speedworld (916) 783-8864. He might have some in stock. This is where I got mine from a while back.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #15139
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJames987 View Post
Hey stupid question,,

what is the point in having different degree blocks for the front of the car when toe is adjusted using turnbuckles??
front arm sweep. even though you adjust the tor with turnbuckles you can achieve different things adjusting the front arm sweep. Korey will be along shortly to give the PC explaination

IMO the more arm sweep in the front made my car feel a bit lazy initially. Running the car without any arm sweep felt good but might have been a bit too responsive initially. It all goes on personal preference.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #15140
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

PC Explanation (whatever that means... haha):

Front arm sweep changes how the car reacts around the apex of the corner the most. Like my buddy Clint said, it will smooth out the car initially when you add inboard toe out (often times called arm sweep). But it also makes the front end create a lot fo grip right around the middle of the corner.

The opposite is true when you reduce arm sweep. When you reduce arm sweep it should make the car feel a little more "crisp" right around the center, but then smooth out for the rest of the corner.

Play with it and see what you like! It's a powerful tuning option.

-Korey
Old 01-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #15141
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag32 View Post
Building my TC kit right now but have a question. Which side should the shorter end of the Center Layshaft be on, motor or battery side?
Shorter end of the shaft should be on the motor side. The screw heads from the spur gear should be facing that direction as well .

-Korey
Old 01-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #15142
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Shorter end of the shaft should be on the motor side. The screw heads from the spur gear should be facing that direction as well .

-Korey
Muchos Gracias Seņor Korey!
dag32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #15143
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag32 View Post
Muchos Gracias Seņor Korey!
Lol funny i speak very litle spanish . lol
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #15144
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys...

I am after a little info on the cyclone TC "kit". Whats in the box as far as tunning goes? So far I have been able to work out it comes with 1.4mm sway bars. What springs and blocks does it come with?

Cheers.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #15145
Tech Addict

Hi ,

I didnt ask this question before because i thought there was no point but i do want to get peoples opinion .

When i went racing last weekend on carpet , i tried STLNLST setup wich i really liked but i also tried my own setup , one thing that i really got confused was that when i see most of the setups on carpet , people use either the silver or coper roll bar , so i tried silver copper , wich was a bit slugish then i tried 1.6 / 1.6 front rear and my lap times where improved by 1.5 sec , and i did prefer alot more with the thicker roll bars , would you guys recomend me to stay with it if i like it , because i also went back to the smaller roll bars and i didnt like it so again i went back to the thicker bars and i stiked with it because i really liked it .
I dont know if you guys would recomend me to keep it or not , i will also try the shock position when i will get time because the rounds are pretty quick .
Old 01-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #15146
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Hi ,

I didnt ask this question before because i thought there was no point but i do want to get peoples opinion .

When i went racing last weekend on carpet , i tried STLNLST setup wich i really liked but i also tried my own setup , one thing that i really got confused was that when i see most of the setups on carpet , people use either the silver or coper roll bar , so i tried silver copper , wich was a bit slugish then i tried 1.6 / 1.6 front rear and my lap times where improved by 1.5 sec , and i did prefer alot more with the thicker roll bars , would you guys recomend me to stay with it if i like it , because i also went back to the smaller roll bars and i didnt like it so again i went back to the thicker bars and i stiked with it because i really liked it .
I dont know if you guys would recomend me to keep it or not , i will also try the shock position when i will get time because the rounds are pretty quick .
I would just run whats fast for you. Not all setups are going to be good everywhere. YOU have to make the call on what changes best fit with your situation. That just takes practice, experience, and some tuning knowledge .

-Korey
Old 01-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #15147
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
Hey guys...

I am after a little info on the cyclone TC "kit". Whats in the box as far as tunning goes? So far I have been able to work out it comes with 1.4mm sway bars. What springs and blocks does it come with?

Cheers.
Springs: HPI Pro 4 gold for the front, HPI Pro 4 Silver for the rear.

Blocks: 2.5deg front, 3 deg rear

-Korey
Old 01-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #15148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

1.5 second change?

How big a track are you running on?

If your lap times vary by 1.5 sec focus on practice first and setup second.

That will yield better overall times.

Make your car easy to drive, dont hit anything and you would be suprised how fast your OVERALL time is.

Time at end of 5 minutes is way more important than hot lap speed. Go with the setting that yeilds the greatest consitency.

Good luck

Jamie
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #15149
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythekid View Post
Hi Darrell,

I just like to check with you if your Cyclone TC handles normally after you shaved off 1.5 mm from the alum mount.

Also, I like to confirm that after shaving off 1.5 mm, IP 5000 30C lipo could fit nicely, and the alum part is not touching the top of the lipo battery at all.

Meaning the alum mount's thickness should be approx 2.5 mm now, since it was originally approx 4 mm.

I am thinking of getting the same IP 5000 30C lipo to test as well. I just like to ensure that it could fit my car properly. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Hi Billythekid,

The ip 5000 30c lipo fits fine. You may not even need to take off as much as I did. Just get the battery and try it first. These batterys are great. I went to a race this weekend and running 4.5 geared at 8.3 I was pulling an average 2300mah only.

The car handled good just changed a couple of small things, all good!
ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #15150
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna555 View Post
1.5 second change?

How big a track are you running on?

If your lap times vary by 1.5 sec focus on practice first and setup second.

That will yield better overall times.

Make your car easy to drive, dont hit anything and you would be suprised how fast your OVERALL time is.

Time at end of 5 minutes is way more important than hot lap speed. Go with the setting that yeilds the greatest consitency.

Good luck

Jamie

the track is medium sized an its carpet so it can give you an idea , we had 3 rounds ans 1 final , for the first round i just went to the track and it had kept sliding , 2sd round i tried STLNLST setup wich indeed was very good .
3rd round i went back to andy moores setup wich was for this track , and i didnt like it , and for the final i just went to thicker roll bar front/rear and i moved from 19 lapper to 21 lapper . After the final , when people where arsnging there stuff i went back to the normal setup and again kept sliding , so it does show that going to thicker roll bar did help .