Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

Originally posted by JMBetticher
There you go :

Step 1 : 2400mAh 7A - Mega Flex off
Step 2 : 2450mAh 0.2 - Mega Flex off
Step 3 : 4200mAh 6A
Temperature : 50°
Delta Peak : 3mV
I presume that "Mega Flex is "ON" for the 3rd step?????
Old 03-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

nope there is no mega flex on the 3rd step only the repeak
Old 03-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys, I like the charger, but the manual was little to no help. I hope we keep this thread going with tips on different charge setups and what they give you for performance.

I'm interested in playing with different temp settings as well, I like the idea of the battery peaking at a cooler temp. Once it heats up for the summer, any ideas what temp you might set it at to peak for outdoor racing. I know even under a tent in the summer my batts always peak out a lot hotter than indoors during the winter.

racer-oZ
Old 03-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive bought one of these, hopefully ill have it soon, gotta go pick it up off a friend. The settings given above, are they a general one, how do you differ them for stock/19t/mod
Old 03-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Angry Problems with the Advantage

I just picked up one of these chargers this week and am having some problems. It charges great but, the motor run-in seems a bit problematic. I have some really fast stock motors that pull 10-11 amps during break in and the charger stops, stating there is a short circut/deadshort. On my prevous charger (LRP pulsar) this high amp draw was no problem but, the advantage seems very sensitive. Another big problem is that when I brok in a motor that drew 9-10 amps after about 1 minute the charger started smoking! I'm not sure if this is a manufacturers defect and I should send it back or if this is normal operation.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by berger
Ive bought one of these, hopefully ill have it soon, gotta go pick it up off a friend. The settings given above, are they a general one, how do you differ them for stock/19t/mod
Berger you have a PM
Old 03-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

my charger didn't smoke, but it did shut down while trying to break in a 19turn motor that wanted to draw a lot of amps. May not be the best for stock and 19turn break in.

racer-oZ
Old 03-13-2005, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

It is a question ow Whatts ! You just need to reduce the voltage to allow more amps to go in your motor !
I have no problem with a 8 turn, but I use 2,5 volt and RPM are more than enough.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

worldcup, i use 2 volts to break in my motors. stock and 19 motors are pulling that many amps even at 2 volts. my 10single pulls less amps than my stocks for sure, mod motors were not an issue shutting down.

racer-oZ
Old 03-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'm having the same problems...tried to decreased voltage but ran into the same issue. Clearly this is an item that needs to be addressed at some point.

Last edited by madjack; 03-13-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

i'm keeping one of my pulsars for break in purposes and use the orion for step charging

racer-oZ
Old 03-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

...too bad I sold my pulsar to get this charger... lol

I'll just have to get a dyno
Old 03-14-2005, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

I just received my Team Orion Advantage Charger and after using it for a while here are a few questions:

1. Is the "step charge" mode setting a global setting? i.e. not specific/related to each "battery data" presets? I got a few different batteries with different capacity, it's a pain that i have to reprogramme it everytime.

2. Is the "tickle charge" and "repeak time" setting global? can i make it different for each battery data preset? i have NiCD and also NiMH batteries.. it would be a pain if i have to go back to the manual and disable (enable) tickle charge everytime i charge a different battery.

3. What does the "battery type" value really use for? i mean if we choose Ni-mh. what is the real difference compare to i set it to "NiCD". Now, please don't tell me it's for each battery type, i want to know HOW does the charger actually use this info to handle the charge/discharge differently, as we can set the peak detection and tickle charge value separately

4. Is it possible to find out what cause the charging to stop? i.e. peak detection, temperature above preset value or capacity reach preset value.

5. is the symbol that looks like "_|_" during the step charge mode means "mega flex"?

Hope someone can answer me this questions
Old 03-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Problems with the Advantage

Originally posted by letitroll
I just picked up one of these chargers this week and am having some problems. It charges great but, the motor run-in seems a bit problematic. I have some really fast stock motors that pull 10-11 amps during break in and the charger stops, stating there is a short circut/deadshort. On my prevous charger (LRP pulsar) this high amp draw was no problem but, the advantage seems very sensitive. Another big problem is that when I brok in a motor that drew 9-10 amps after about 1 minute the charger started smoking! I'm not sure if this is a manufacturers defect and I should send it back or if this is normal operation.
I would either call Team Orion and or send it in to them to check out if it is smoking. I have heard that chargers/dyno's/breakin devises sometimes have issues with break-in on stock motors because of too much draw and it wasn't something wrong just something not set-up correctly. I haven't heard of smoking but cutting off yes. I think since the Advantage is a "Charger" the motor break-in feature though very cool is probably not Orion's priority feature on this especially since they make the MPM. I am sure if you sent it in Orion could tell if it was a manufacturers defect or not and my experience is if so they will stand behind there product.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Has anyone experienced not being able to step charge a battery pack that has been trayed for awhile? After letting my batteries sit on a tray for a few hours the charger would not let me step charge my battery pack, but I could only use linear charge. I tried linear charging for about 1000 mah's and then tried step charging them and that still did not work. After linear charging the pack, I then ran the pack and after running the pack I trayed trayed the pack for about an hour I was able to step charge the pack then. Any help or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.