R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-01-2006, 04:42 AM   #406
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

Oh okay - that is what I have been doing so maybe I'll just stick with that. What about GP4300s as I have 1 pack of those?

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #407
Tech Initiate

step charge good for IB4200 ? I want to try.any sugguestion?
khunballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:37 AM   #408
Tech Initiate

nobody help me ?
khunballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:13 AM   #409
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Guy's
I need a profile for 4200 and 4300 cells, Also a step profile for these batteries.
Can some one please give me a good set up.
Thanks
Addam
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #410
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by khunballz
step charge good for IB4200 ? I want to try.any sugguestion?
With the IB's most of our drivers are now using a linear charge.

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #411
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hi Guy's
I need a profile for 4200 and 4300 cells, Also a step profile for these batteries.
Can some one please give me a good set up.
Thanks
Addam
3mv per cell
6.5 amps
Linear charge

This is what most of our team drivers use to charge their Ib's

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
Old 05-23-2007, 07:42 AM   #412
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default New Orion Charger Coming?

I heard a rumor that the Orion Advantage Charger w/LIPO was going away, maybe being discontinued...

Is Orion depleting stock in anticipation of releasing another charger?

I notice it is no longer listed on Horizon ....

I'm about to buy another charger, so does anybody know ?
swopemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:27 AM   #413
Tech Addict

Questions for Orion:

Hypothetically if you release a 6000+ maH LIPO cell soon... would the Orion Advantage Carbon charge it OK? Is there a max maH you can do for LIPO and is there a total max amp rate for LIPO (couldn't find this on web site).

Also, what happens if you had a NIMH2 battery that required more than 5400 on a charge... would you just have to peak in 2 stages?

[edit : I was surprised that I didn't get a reply today - boy am I spoiled as many times these folks are incredible timely with responses. Maybe they are prepping for Reedy. So anyway I called Orion and the guy who answered told me that it was limited to 5400 maH capacity and 10A rate (whether LIPO or NiMH2 or NiCd). Charger will stop and I would have to restart and repeak to finish the charge. Being a ~6000+ pack is being worked on I am guessing we'll see a new model soon... just idle speculation and curiosity ]

Last edited by swopemike; 05-23-2007 at 09:09 PM. Reason: updated with info from Orion call
Old 05-28-2007, 02:27 PM   #414
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am going to be in the market for a new charger and I would like the option of doing lipo as well, I have asked a few guys at the track and they say you will be sorry. Has anyone had a problem with faulse peaks? I know if you are on this thread you probably use and like the charger, but I would like some honest feedback about performance
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #415
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopemike

Is Orion depleting stock in anticipation of releasing another charger?

I notice it is no longer listed on Horizon ....
1. We are always working on the next evolution of our hobby and in consant development of the next step.

2. You should never base a product availability on any listing by a distributor always refer to the actual manufacturer for the status of any product. The Advantage Carbin charger is still in production and still available and finer LHS around the country.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:00 PM   #416
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B
I am going to be in the market for a new charger and I would like the option of doing lipo as well, I have asked a few guys at the track and they say you will be sorry. Has anyone had a problem with faulse peaks? I know if you are on this thread you probably use and like the charger, but I would like some honest feedback about performance
I Have had my Orion Advantage charger for two years, no problems with false peaks when charging Nimh, and no problems with Lipo.
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:50 PM   #417
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Carbon

I bought an Advantage charger for use as a second charger. It soon became my favorite and bought another. They both have served me well.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:51 PM   #418
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quick question please,
My friend want to charge his Orion Lipo Platinum battery on my Advantage charger, what is the best setting to do this. I have only ever charged normal cells on it and I don't want him to blow up my charger
Thanks Guys
Addam
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #419
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack
2. You should never base a product availability on any listing by a distributor always refer to the actual manufacturer for the status of any product. ...
I'm so used to seeing you reply here on rctech, it was my first thought to post my question here for you to respond, then only later did I actually just pick up the phone and call. I know that sounds weird but I guess like I said you folks have spoiled us on here. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #420
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hi guys, ive been using my orion advantage for quite sometime in all my racing and Tx packs. and it charges better han my previous charger. But now im planning to get some of those lipo packs. i know the orion can charge lipo bats, but what about balancing? doe it software balance the batts while charging? sorry the manual does not say anything about it. tnx in advance.
curious mind is offline   Reply With Quote