TEAM CRC Using GPM Racing OEM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEAM CRC Using GPM Racing OEM

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation TEAM CRC Using GPM Racing OEM?

previous post was removed as things were cleared.

sum, the purpose of asking is just to make sure the quality stuff, I did not mean to offense anyone or accuse anyone or anything here.

Last edited by tty_wai; 02-19-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi tty-wai,
i dun think it will used GPM racing stuff as oem, maybe is GPM copy the design from CRC. as i know previously my friends was running CRC carpet knite 3.2R the parts was fit all properly. and i have been using GPM stuff before on my Hpi car it look very similiar with original but the material a not same easy to bent as you say suck. and at last i dun think CRC will used GPM as OEM product.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Tech Initiate

ah, could be vice versa, but there is no mean for the mod to remove the thread on CRc forum.

for the easy bent and suck, I used their motor plate and turnbulkes for my touring, later on I changed to titan.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default GPM

The ones that CRC are selling that is (I THINK) made by GPM are the after market parts for different cars, lik ethe TC3 and so on.

I've been through several GPM's and hate it!!! The built quality of CRC Aluminum componets are far different from GPM, the anodizing alone is different.

Then again I could be wrong.

GPM, is a great company. Its great in copying other stuff and producing them at a cheaper price. With regards to quality control, I could not comment.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:43 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have had several of the CRC kits and they are all TOP NOTCH. I don't know who makes them, but the fit and finish are very good.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Alot of the parts on a carpet knife are Team associated items!!!! The red aluminum screws are made by a hardware supplier. I am sure Frank makes a few parts in house like the rear lowered pods. The Carpet Knife is a VERY well engineered machine. Most 12th scale cars that are crappy arise from hobbyists that have next to no skills at building them. Oh yeah, All parts break when cars hit hard objects.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not sure if Frank gets the pod plates from GPM or not, what I can tell you is that I have them on my Rev. 4 and they are PERFECT. Even if they do come from GPM they are still the best lowered pod plates on the market.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

I have no problems with my CRC... Besides the pod plates, damper tubes and chassis plate the rest of the car is AE....

Where can you get GPM 1/12th parts???

I hope they'd be the same size, if they aren't they won't fit....
Old 02-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
I have no problems with my CRC... Besides the pod plates, damper tubes and chassis plate the rest of the car is AE....

Where can you get GPM 1/12th parts???

I hope they'd be the same size, if they aren't they won't fit....
I've never had aproblem with any of the GPM 12th scale parts I've ever used, and you can get 'em through Hobby Etc.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

frank has the parts made from a company (not gpm) the orignal pod plates were copied from a gmp i think but the alum. is by far better.