Wiki Posts
Search

USVTA Woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
The inference many are making is that people with new or more expensive stuff aren't competitive... Therefore it should not be legal.
It does take a while to find the set up for a new chassis. Usually you cant just transfer your settings and it be perfect. That however has nothing to do with anything being legal. Why do you think a new chassis would not be legal? I have NEVER heard of that.

Originally Posted by Ghetto
In our area there which is MD, we run 21.5 with aFDR of 4.2 and we have fun.Cost is going to kill this class and the hobby. VTA started out 27 turn motor and 4 cell batt. and look where are now $$$$$ money money . It's time to wake up people ,pick alow cost system buy a motor and go have fun.No one is going to be on ESPN because they inVTA.
I dont see what is more expensive about 25.5 than 21.5. I sure don't want to go back to 4cell 27 turn now that we have gotten the whole class through such a growing pain. This is still way cheaper than Stock or mod touring. If only for the fact that there is less splatterage at the end of the straight.

Also if you have a whole field of guys that are running VTA on the 21.5 rule set then my suggestion would be to allow more bodies and tires and wheels and secretly change the name of the class to USGT.

You may be right that no one will be on ESPN because of racing VTA, but that is a shame considering some of the stupid things that come through my TV. You would think that a good RC race woud be worth some sponsorship. The hobby is expensive though but I think the sheer price of a touring car is the most ridiculous thing about it all. Coming on $700 some of them are you kidding me?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Xpress
Why would you bother showing up with an illegal motor when the rules are clear? Why bother testing and then campaigning for approval of something that is against the rules?
I'm not campaigning for anything except choices. I have also agreed that it is unfortunate that the manufacturers haven't seen fit to design a vta speed control. I am also making the point that people are leaving the class due to lack of choices. Again I don't know what the answer is nor do I claim to have it. I also do not have a specific product, motor or esc, that I am trying to use that is outside of the rule set. I would be perfectly content running the approved list. What I do not want to see is vta lose racers. This class should continue to grow. I know of 4 cars that do not want to run because of the speed control list. I know rules are rules and if you don't like them do something else. Guess what.....they are doing something else and not racing vta. When people don't race the class goes away. This class has too much going for it for one manufacturer to have the exclusive approval list. I know it wasn't planned that way but that's where it is.

Hopefully other manufacturers are getting the point and we can all go back to arguing over c ratings and bodies within the month.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
I'm not campaigning for anything except choices. I have also agreed that it is unfortunate that the manufacturers haven't seen fit to design a vta speed control. I am also making the point that people are leaving the class due to lack of choices. Again I don't know what the answer is nor do I claim to have it. I also do not have a specific product, motor or esc, that I am trying to use that is outside of the rule set. I would be perfectly content running the approved list. What I do not want to see is vta lose racers. This class should continue to grow. I know of 4 cars that do not want to run because of the speed control list. I know rules are rules and if you don't like them do something else. Guess what.....they are doing something else and not racing vta. When people don't race the class goes away. This class has too much going for it for one manufacturer to have the exclusive approval list. I know it wasn't planned that way but that's where it is.

Hopefully other manufacturers are getting the point and we can all go back to arguing over c ratings and bodies within the month.
If this is honestly a problem, the ROAR rules are an alternative. They have no mAh limit, use the blinky list, any 25.5..etc. The updated ROAR rule book should be available soon, but they have run the class this way at the last carpet nats. Mike's Hobby shop in Texas should be able to answer questions on what they ran for the nationals.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I really think the roar rules are not the way to go. I think they open the door to the old room of those with fat wallets win. I like the current rules.If tekin, hobby wing,orion or whoever wants to step up and offer a class legal esc, I believe Rob has made it clear that as long as it meets the criteria, it will get approved. So for the time being run whats available to the class or go to usgt, but don't ruin the class for those of us that enjoy it....Thank You.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

You know with regular TC racing fading away from boosted, I am suprised that we dont have more Pure stock speedos coming onto the market anyway.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
You know with regular TC racing fading away from boosted, I am suprised that we dont have more Pure stock speedos coming onto the market anyway.
Very true snoopy..
Old 06-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
If this is honestly a problem, the ROAR rules are an alternative. They have no mAh limit, use the blinky list, any 25.5..etc. The updated ROAR rule book should be available soon, but they have run the class this way at the last carpet nats. Mike's Hobby shop in Texas should be able to answer questions on what they ran for the nationals.
Honestly I'm hoping that tekin lrp viper hobby wing someone will come up with a speed control you can approve......and soon. This will put this issue to bed and everyone can get back to racing on the vta rule set and not the roar rule set.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As I type this I have a body, tires and motor on the way. We have a kick a#$ indoor carpet track here. We run mostly WGT in blinky. This class has become very successful as we all seem to police ourselves. If someone is messing around and getting an unfair advantage it does not go unnoticed. There are about 6 guys right now that have built these and we should be competing soon. I just picked up someones used citrix to use. Is this going to be less reliable that the other non approved speedos in blinky mode. Well all I can say is I have 2 Tekin RS's on my workbench right now that are less than a year old that are nothing more than paper weights. I hope this class works out as well as the WGT class here. It sounds like alot of fun. All driver and setup.

Last edited by rdcracer; 06-10-2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rdcracer
As I type this I have a body, tires and motor on the way. We have a kick a#$ indoor carpet track here. We run mostly WGT in blinky. This class has become very successful as we all seem to police ourselves. If someone is messing around and getting an unfair advantage it does not go unnoticed. There are about 6 guys right now that have built these and we should be competing soon. I just picked up someones used citrix to use. Is this going to be less reliable that the other non approved speedos in blinky mode. Well all I can say is I have 2 Tekin RS's on my workbench right now that are less than a year old that are nothing more than paper weights. I hope this class works out as well as the WGT class here. It sounds like alot of fun. All driver and setup.
The speed passion is a good affordable and legal esc. Good luck and above all have fun with this class.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

The inference many are making is that people with new or more expensive stuff aren't competitive... Therefore it should not be legal.
Yo, you're nuts. Seek help or DIAF. If you don't like VTA rules, run something else.

BTW, my post wasn't ironic, it was sarcastic.

Why am I feeding this troll?
Old 06-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
Maybe the ROAR Pav Nats will break the mode cause of the location, but we will see. Ill be there with my AE TC6.1 RSD upgrades,LRP SXX V2, Reedy 6500 65C and Reedy Sonic 25.5 built with all the goodies...CYA there....if Im fast now....YUMMMY
Old 06-11-2012, 03:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Yo, you're nuts. Seek help or DIAF. If you don't like VTA rules, run something else.

BTW, my post wasn't ironic, it was sarcastic.

Why am I feeding this troll?
Your suggesting someone die in a fire and they are the troll? Seriously?! Grow up.

It's the elitiest attitude of some of the VTA racers that is the big turn off. They feel their chassis, their style of racing, their approach to the hobby is the only way to have fun.

Maybe if you worried less about what other people spent on the hobby you would enjoy it better.

FWIW VTA completely died at the two tracks I race at in favor of USGT.

Last edited by or8ital; 06-11-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My only comment is geared towards the rules on speed controls. If I can show you my blinking lights on my rs pro whats the difference between that and the citrix or what not. I'm not trying to start a fight. I logistically don't get the difference. I understand and fully like the motor, battery, etc etc. But I am in the hobby and I don't want to trade down to run VTA but it would be a nice second class at a smaller venue during the winter. I won't run it though cause I'm not gonna trade my Tekin for a Citrix.

I hope that the carpet place runs 12th scale if not.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Your suggesting someone die in a fire and they are the troll? Seriously?! Grow up.

It's the elitiest attitude of some of the VTA racers that is the big turn off. They feel their chassis, their style of racing, their approach to the hobby is the only way to have fun.

Maybe if you worried less about what other people spent on the hobby you would enjoy it better.

FWIW VTA completely died at the two tracks I race at in favor of USGT.
If you don't like the rules, run a different class. Maybe if you focused less on this class and more on another one with less structure you'd enjoy it better.

Irony, I know!

I have raced for 22 years, and for me, a class that everyone runs the same motor and tires is great. Particularly when they really are equal. I had gave up racing sedans for a decade before this class came around. Personally I would like this class less if it were more open, and would not run it.

Where did you ever get the idea I didnt think it was okay for somebody to spend whatever they wanted? All I wrote was a racer I know spent $1500 to build a car, but that didn't stop me from passing him over in the sweeper because his car didn't handle properly. Then he worked me in the next corner.

He's not cheating, he's a sap. With a chassis and motor sponsor. Who can't find it in his heart to run either 17.5 or modified. I'm always happy to see another driver in my class. If he's happy I'm happy.

If you're not happy, go run another class.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NolanP
If I can show you my blinking lights on my rs pro whats the difference between that and the citrix or what not.
Functionally, nothing.

From a tech standpoint, it's a big deal because you have to check it. It's my understanding that the reason the list is the way it is is precisely because you don't have to check it.

If somebody goes to the trouble to do a board swap, what can I say? Cheaters gonna cheat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.