R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #136
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejota View Post
I agree and the problem isn't Novak's or Rob's.

For whatever reason though, that's where people put the blame. Maybe those complainers should complain to their favorite manufacturer for a VTA legal ESC.

ESCs that can't be hooked up to a computer and manipulated eliminates MANY headaches for MANY people. There SHOULD be more of them on the market.
Awesome way to put it.
Rob has said, literally 100 times what the ESCs have to be. Since we are becoming a blinky society, "popular" ESC flavors had better be coming out with blinky only, no reason to fiddle inside, type of ESCs. They all likely would quickly be approved. Then cranky people can buy a black, a blue, a purple, AND orange ESC and try figuring out why the hell they're 2 laps off the pace.
MC112b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #137
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC112b View Post
Awesome way to put it.
Rob has said, literally 100 times what the ESCs have to be. Since we are becoming a blinky society, "popular" ESC flavors had better be coming out with blinky only, no reason to fiddle inside, type of ESCs. They all likely would quickly be approved. Then cranky people can buy a black, a blue, a purple, AND orange ESC and try figuring out why the hell they're 2 laps off the pace.
If they are all the same then why will the new ones be 2 laps off the pace?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #138
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Because people concentrate so much on motor/ESC they overlook the small things that add up to better times. It can't be I crash once a lap, it must be the ESC that other dude is running.
MC112b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #139
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC112b View Post
Because people concentrate so much on motor/ESC they overlook the small things that add up to better times. It can't be I crash once a lap, it must be the ESC that other dude is running.
You are making an invalid corallation (and over generalization). you are suggesting you can't run a different motor / ESC and still be fast.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #140
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't understand all this, it's the_rules____ rules! It would be like showing up to a Nascar race with a Daytona Prototype and Nascar saying, well being as you already have this car, we'll for go the rules. It's a class with a set of RULES, period. The gentlemen who have given their time to make this class what it is have done a great job! I call them gentlemen for putting up with all this BS, it's the rules for the class plain and simple, if you want other manufacturers, contact them and complain, let them submit a part that fits the RULES. It's not run what ya brung, it's VTA.
Ruger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #141
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger1 View Post
I don't understand all this, it's the_rules____ rules! It would be like showing up to a Nascar race with a Daytona Prototype and Nascar saying, well being as you already have this car, we'll for go the rules. It's a class with a set of RULES, period. The gentlemen who have given their time to make this class what it is have done a great job! I call them gentlemen for putting up with all this BS, it's the rules for the class plain and simple, if you want other manufacturers, contact them and complain, let them submit a part that fits the RULES. It's not run what ya brung, it's VTA.
+1

well said
Old 06-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #142
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Quote:
Due to chasis set up and driving style would be my guess.
For those wanting an approved tekin:1)find out if they have someone following rctech and send requests.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #143
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14 View Post
Due to chasis set up and driving style would be my guess.
For those wanting an approved tekin:1)find out if they have someone following rctech and send requests.
People with newer cars can't have winning setups?
Old 06-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #144
Tech Master

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencason View Post
+1

well said
+ 2
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Quote:
People with newer cars can't have winning setups?
I never said that...a new chasis can be set up bad or wrong as easily as an older one.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #146
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14 View Post
I never said that...a new chasis can be set up bad or wrong as easily as an older one.
The inference many are making is that people with new or more expensive stuff aren't competitive... Therefore it should not be legal.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #147
Tech Master

Quote:
A more accurate comparison is showing up to a NASCAR race with the proper chassis and all of the right equipment but you have a Ford motor and only Chevy motors are legal.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #148
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
The inference many are making is that people with new or more expensive stuff aren't competitive... Therefore it should not be legal.

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #149
Tech Fanatic

Cool cost

In our area there which is MD, we run 21.5 with aFDR of 4.2 and we have fun.Cost is going to kill this class and the hobby. VTA started out 27 turn motor and 4 cell batt. and look where are now $$$$$ money money . It's time to wake up people ,pick alow cost system buy a motor and go have fun.No one is going to be on ESPN because they inVTA.
RDSquared, 5Nines, Ghetto racing, Webb Designes,Evil Monkey Motorsports,Old is good VTA ,Johns Moblie Racway,MRH racing,Old school.Also if you have a curfew or something else you should be doing ,don't make your problems MINE.And forget Terris famous cookies,
Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #150
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6376vette View Post
A more accurate comparison is showing up to a NASCAR race with the proper chassis and all of the right equipment but you have a Ford motor and only Chevy motors are legal.
Why would you bother showing up with an illegal motor when the rules are clear? Why bother testing and then campaigning for approval of something that is against the rules?
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo

Last edited by Xpress; 06-10-2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: NASCAR sucks
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote