R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   any insights or coments abt keyence A07R esc's?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/6353-any-insights-coments-abt-keyence-a07r-escs.html)

imataquito 07-10-2002 06:01 AM

any insights or coments abt keyence A07R esc's??

yea i need some insights on the A07R esc from keyence .....
peformance wise etc etc etc ..... anything :):):)

rcdougie 07-10-2002 10:21 AM

I cant say about the o7's but I have 2 01-infinity's and I think they are great. Very lightweight and can handle down to 7 turns with super low resistance. And a good price to boot. Its kinda nice to be different then everone else and not run the "orange" stuff. If the price is right, go for it!

TimPotter 07-10-2002 11:54 AM

I have an A07 in my Rally Car, Seems to be a nice Speedo. I have run down to a 12 turn in it.. not even sure of the specs, but has always worked for me. Nice and snappy, decent brakes.BTW I have 3 Keyence's and they are all good speedos.

fatdoggy 07-10-2002 12:18 PM

I have a A07Rz, great speedo awsome size, good the way you can get rid of Reverse. The brakes seem very soft though(or at least they seem that way in my F1 but that's good for me), prolly something to do with my radio setup? I'm pretty sure it can run any motor, as well as dual motors(no motor limit for both the R and the Rz). It's also very smooth. :cool: Do you get the feeling I like the speedo. ;)

P.s. the Rz comes with a current limiter and the R doesn't.

ijnek 07-10-2002 05:36 PM

tat esc is of no turns limit...
so should b able to handle any motor...

ongbenghui 07-10-2002 10:27 PM

According to the datasheet, I think it is down to 7 turns.

ongbenghui 07-10-2002 10:29 PM

I think the only trouble with Keyence ESC is price. It is fairly expensive.

Also, the difference between A-07Rz and A-07R is current limiter. And I don't find the current limiter useful.

imataquito 07-10-2002 11:45 PM

thanks for the reply guys :D:D:D:D
just some questions
does it have good punch ?? compared to GMv12 or LRP 7.1and quantum??

hm does it get hot ??? how hot ???
nvm if u dun have a temp gun ...just want to know how "HOT' after running

:blush: :blush:

fatdoggy 07-11-2002 12:26 AM

Well I run a overgeared (3.24 gear ratio :blush: ) p2k pro and sometimes my play time ends with a burning up motor and lots of smoke(the dam thing keeps running though), the esc is hot but not overly hot when overgeared, you can keep your fingers on it for 5+ secs without it being uncomfortable(I have the heatsink on it though), but if you gear it properly it dosn't get hot. I've never run mod so I'm not sure how it would be under those conditions, but I doubt it would get too hot. Punch, well it's the only esc I've ever had so for me there's lots of punch.

ongbenghui - Thanks for correcting us on the turn limit.

imataquito 07-11-2002 12:44 AM

PHOOOOOO 3.24??? on a tc or a F1 car ???
the lowest i went was 4.28 on a tc ........ and i tot it was insane
hehe

Jimmyd 07-11-2002 04:47 AM

Yeah thats way overgeared. In a medium track, 3.24 would overheat the stocker even in an F1. If its a TC I would be surprised if the car can accelerate at all.

fatdoggy 07-11-2002 11:11 AM

It's an F1 :blush: :blush: It's pretty friggin fast though. LMFAO :lol: :lol:

imataquito 07-13-2002 02:22 AM

lol ............. jimmy ... at 4.28 on tc = less acceleration but it has some kind of faulty 2 speed feeling ............on my car
inital acceleration = first gear acceleration slow felt like slipping clutch then suddenly WHAM it flies ...... LOL