R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-14-2005, 05:49 AM   #31
Suspended

I ran the GQ tires for the first time too this weekend. They worked VERY, VERY well!

I found that the Magenta Rear/Magenta-Red Front combination had a little bit TOO much bite for my car. I was lifting the inside wheels up off the ground when cornering. This will be a good thing when I run on low-bite tracks.

I preferred the Grey Rear/Grey-Black Front. The car was excellent. Improved my personal best at my local track on my first run with the new tires.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:33 AM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by McSmooth
I ran the GQ tires for the first time too this weekend. They worked VERY, VERY well!

I found that the Magenta Rear/Magenta-Red Front combination had a little bit TOO much bite for my car. I was lifting the inside wheels up off the ground when cornering. This will be a good thing when I run on low-bite tracks.

I preferred the Grey Rear/Grey-Black Front. The car was excellent. Improved my personal best at my local track on my first run with the new tires.
we also had a big race this past weekend and found out the same with the red/magenta combo. They gave the car too much traction and the car was lifting in just about every corner. I didn't have too much time to keep testing my set up with the tire's so I had to go with what I was comfortable with. The black/gray combo is better at our track too.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:39 AM   #33
Tech Master

Joseph, just for your other reffs..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...48#post1446948
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:28 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

i only had the red/mag set to try... and seems like this carpet was more like medium bite. i did like them, but next time ill try those black/grey stuff, just to see...

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I tested out the magenta & purple set up for a low traction track & the car was dialed .
Tryed the same in a high bite track & instant traction roll. I hot to try the grey combo
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:09 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Revive this thread a little.

I was recently signed by Joseph to be on the GQ crew. I've ran GQ tires last year on my 1/8th and one of the more important thing is the strengh of the wheels, especially during long mains. In comparison to Super G or Enneti wheels, the GQ wheels held true and can take a beating from the boards as well. And the low wear on GQ is very good compare to other brands.

Just placed a nice order with Joseph and looking forward to running 1/8th races with GQ exclusively. Also it'll be awesome when the off season comes, I'll be running GQ foam in mod sedan and hopefully by that time they'll have the 1/12th tires released as well for my 1/12th. Just about the only GQ tires I wouldn't be running much is nitro sedan.

Dom
Old 03-23-2005, 04:17 PM   #37
Tech Elite

i also like the durability of the wheels... plus, they are orange!

any ideas on when the rubber tires will be out? our local track is an indoor concrete surface,and i only get to use the foams when i go out of town to a carpet track.

it would be a plus if you guys have the wheels to fit a Corally 1/12, but i know its not likely...

Team Novak
Old 03-23-2005, 04:26 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Default 1/12th wheels

yeah, Corally not likely. But I'm hoping they are lookin to make the wheels with JACO offset instead of TRC. I bet the wheels will have to be a bit more simplified but yet strong because of weight issues as well.

Dom
Old 03-25-2005, 05:50 PM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Looking forward the tires asphalt racing soon.

Steve eaves
Old 03-25-2005, 06:01 PM   #40
Tech Elite

I just want to comment on Joseph. Though I have not met him in person or talked to him on the phone. He's a pretty cool guy to deal with, and fast replies which always is a good thing.

As for orange wheels, it'll be dfferent to see a carpet sedan with foams. But I love the orange wheels on 1/8th scale, I'm so tired of seeing Serpent yellow and Mugen white wheels suck, you might as well call them black after a 1/2 hour main!

Can anynoe post pics of their sedan with GQ tires, please? We need pics in this thread!

Dom
Old 03-25-2005, 07:35 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Just got home and what do I see sitting on my front door???

A box full of GQ tires! I'm ready to tackle the 1/8th season, well at least 1/2 of the season! Shipping is amazingly fast, took only 3 days to get here.

Dom
Old 03-25-2005, 07:57 PM   #42
Suspended

Send a message via MSN to racingkd Send a message via Yahoo to racingkd

YGPM
racingkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:18 PM   #43
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JBennett

I'm pround to be on the GQ team and tomorrow I will be going to a money carpet race Can't wait to try these out!

BTW- Wheels match my new body
JBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:55 PM   #44
Tech Elite

ask and ye shall recieve...

this is a pic of my car after the Dallas State champs... finished 7th in Stock.

Team Novak
Old 03-25-2005, 11:40 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Turbonium
ask and ye shall recieve...

this is a pic of my car after the Dallas State champs... finished 7th in Stock.
Nice! Personally I hate dish wheels. I mean who has dish wheels in their real cars?? I love the look of BBS wheels and these are as close as that can in the r/c world.

Turbo, I see you drive a RDX, I'm so much on the fence right now whether to get a RDX or FK05 for carpet next winter. I guess I have plenty of time to make a decision.

Dom